Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget 2016 & BILL C-12

+15
cosmo12
Dannypaj
Recon031
ColdWarVet1980
puddleduk2
prawnstar
johnny211
Teentitan
Rifleman
pinger
Pipes
K9
BinRat
bigrex
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Budget 2016 & BILL C-12 - Page 8 Empty Re: Budget 2016 & BILL C-12

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 19:15

Your last sentence Trooper in above post, I never considered that but that would not surprise me for the GOV to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 19:22

Sparrow anything is possible , they can say that they topped up all former lump sum Veterans and they can implement a lifelong pension with the option of taking the lump sum going forward from the day of implementation , and they would be keeping up with their promise to bring back a lifelong pension with the option to take the lump sum.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Mar 2016, 20:10

I'm on your page at 19:11 today Trooper.

You mentioned... " So the next questions has to be what is it that the stakeholders considers right ? " Right??? Deep subject. For starters IMO would be no bias, no ulterior motives/agendas, NO POLITICS. Just a common baseline with intelligence and heart.

Guess that's too much to ask for...  so just give them all baseball bats and be done with it. Smile
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 21:04

well everybody knows what is RIGHT . if your not sure just ask the nearest NVC vet im sure they will tell ya in short order .

no one needs to research this or study it . no summit required .

their is only one RIGHT thing to do . even the MVA knows this .

the right thing to do by chance is also the fastest and easiest thing to do . truly simple stuff .

the only reason they are studying it and having a summit is actually to find a way of NOT doing the RIGHT thing that plays well .

because THE RIGHT THING is expensive .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Mar 2016, 21:56

Pretty much propat. However, as much as NVC and younger Afghan vets are forefront for suffering and being screwed over, I don't overlook PA cold war, korea, and WW 2 vets.
Some of us are old PA and still being truly fracked over in spite of the age demographics.

That is why I mentioned an un-biased approach. Where we are ALL included.
That's what one One Veteran, One Standard means to me. A flat board.
And no tunnel vision at all.

It ain't rocket science for God's sake. Hope I made sense.
Bye bye and stay well all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 22:26

oh I get that pinger im completely on the PA and although I like it I know its not perfect . thing is when it comes to giving the NVC guys the PA monthly pension WE should have NO seat at the table as it does not effect us AT ALL negatively or positively .

yup guys like us would just sit their and let the NVC guys take the lead ON THIS ISSUES then support them in the obvious solution.

because without the obvious solution where the EXACT SAME BENIFITS are available to ALL disabled vets "one vet one standard " is just political word play and have NO MEANING AT ALL because of the whole lack of the " one standard " thing.

wish I could trust those at the table to do the right thing I truly do . once bitten twice shy ya know what I mean so I don't .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Mar 2016, 23:34

Agreed. But still pxxxes me off...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 30 Mar 2016, 01:25

Well folks this is not the first time the liberals have been in power and spending close to 30 years 70-20 their lies and BS was good back then and probably will good now. I would like to know who are the stakeholders he is referring to, are those the few happy guys that would not say shyt if they had a month ful. We keep waiting and getting worse off, they keep screwing us over with their lies and how hard they are working.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Mar 2016, 09:03

First of all, they need to stop using representatives from Veteran's groups at these stakeholder meetings. There is nothing worse than knowing that people who we are reliant on to guide the government on how to handle reinstating lifelong disability pensions, are all sitting there collecting their full PA pensions, or possibly not even disabled, just because they chose to pay membership to join some group. They need to bring in Veterans who have no allegiances, thus no ulterior motives, and they should all have had been given a lump sum award. Have them sit down and hash out a consensus of what each of them feels is required for the lifelong pension, and how to implement it. Lord knows that there are enough Veterans out there that feel like they have been disenfranchised by these groups, so that it wouldn't be hard for the GoC to find a group of Veterans willing to be available every several months for these meetings.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8