Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

+29
tetech
prawnstar
Jeffery M
861Cook
Rifleman
Tadpole72
Nemo
1sea0shell33
chillier76
Armygunner
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
VRI
Panserbjørn
K9
RCN-Retired
cosmo12
jack22
EZRider
Teentitan
1993firebird
czerv
pinger
Recon031
bigrex
johnny211
Dannypaj
33 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by abetterway Mon 19 Dec 2016, 21:26

Thanks Vet.

Some good sound advice for all waiting for decisions.

It's not over till it's over. Basketball Basketball

I'll post when this file of mine finally comes to a dead end, with the final results.

Cheers.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-08-11

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90% Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) Increase to 90%

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 20:51

To you and yours as well!
Some advice Abetterway: The VAC call center can't tell you anything about the specifics of a decision. If you have Case Manager, they can tell you when and how much is coming your way. If your CM is unavailable, ask to speak to an "intake worker" in your local office. An intake worker will have access to all the specifics of any application and you won't have to wait weeks for a call back from your CM.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by abetterway Mon 19 Dec 2016, 20:07

Thanks Teen and Vet1234 for your quick response.

Who know's maybe an early Christmas Present.

Keep hope alive.lol

Cheers everyone, and a very Merry Christmas.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 18:47

After any decision, they typically say 3 weeks for payment. My experience within the last few months has been within 5-7 days for back pay, after the decision date.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Dec 2016, 18:44

Deposit to your bank account.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by abetterway Mon 19 Dec 2016, 18:28

Just a question.

if you will not get your ELB deposited till jan 30 2017.
will VAC send you a cheque... or deposit the back payments for Oct, Nov and Dec to your bank account.

Thanks for any info you can share.
Cheers.

abetterway
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 15:31

DCHD27,

You need to apply for and get approved for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) in order to receive that particular tax break.

Visit the Government Benefits category and you can read more on the DTC.

Back to top Go down

Post by DCHD27 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 15:04

Recon or any one I have being retire now 7 years 3b ltd with sisip and 32 % VAC from the start do I get this tax break???

3. DTC , disability tax credit ............................................. $ 8001.00

Don

DCHD27
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tetech Thu 08 Dec 2016, 15:59

Hi

Well I received a call from VAC about my ELB top up for SISIP LTD. Apparently I filled out the wrong application form to get the top up.

I filled out the elb application for veterans that are receiving SISIP LTD. I'm going to call back tomorrow, I believe this person was out to lunch....

Otherwise there's 2 months of wasted time.... waiting for VAC......

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 29 Nov 2016, 17:56

I receive LTD and ELB.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tetech Tue 29 Nov 2016, 15:16

Talked to VAC yesterday and they are running a bit behind with regards to ELB top applications. They would not give a timeline as to when applications will be completed.

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 29 Nov 2016, 14:39

done

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 29 Nov 2016, 14:38

I have been approved continuation of ELB , another Medical do with

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2016, 15:53

Donnie,

ELB is completely separate from PIA & TPI.

Here's the deal regarding those who are not on ELB and are wanting the 15% increase.
The letter received from VAC and the info submitted by SISIP is to determine your calculation amount of the 15% increase.
If after seeing the calculation, you want that 15% increase, you need to apply for the ELB which requires an application for rehab.

Those who are dual clients of SISIP and ELB, the same paper work is submitted, and the turnaround is fairly quick in seeing the funds in your account.

That is the difference between the two.

If your not receiving any benefits from ELB, it is your choice to either forget about the 15% increase, or as stated above, apply for ELB to receive the 15% increase.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieD Sun 27 Nov 2016, 14:28

Trooper wrote:Donnie,

If your on SISIP as stated, in order for you to get the 15% increase, you need to apply to VAC for ELB using the paper work sent to you from SISIP.

In other words, the 15% increase will be coming from VAC, SISIP is not increasing their benefits.

As far as the minimum goes, VAC will make that calculation based on the info provided to them, by you.

You can do all of this in MY VAC ACCOUNT, the turnaround is fairly quick.

Hope I answered you question.

Thanks for the reply but the only thing that sisip sent me was proof of the monthly amount I get from them to submit with the forms to VAC. The forms I received from VAC were:

Earnings Loss benefit income verification form
Consent for vac to collect info from SISIP

From sisip I received:
Member information sheet (used as proof for above vac income form

Does this mean I need to contact VAC and sign up for ELB? Btw not sure if ELB is PIA and TPI as I don't get anything else from VAC but those 2.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next