Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

+5
pteadams2002
OldZipperhead
Brasidas
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by Rags Sat 23 Feb 2013, 08:25

Very Happy

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:03

lol no prob teen i have at least one an hour lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:59

propat; mixed up...seniors moment...take your pick LOL

Thanks for the correction.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:56

ya teen you might have things a little mixed up ore maybe i do not sure but i think its elb that brings you up to 40k minimum.

pulled this off the vac site

Disability Award

The Facts
•The Disability Award is part of a much wider package of services and benefits provided to ill and injured Veterans. Its sole intent is to recognize and compensate for the non-economic impact (pain and suffering) of an injury or illness, and provide immediate financial help.
•Veterans may also be eligible for a number of monthly financial supports which recognize and help to compensate for the economic impact of an injury or illness. Among these financial supports is the Earnings Loss benefit. It guarantees that the monthly income of recipients will not fall below 75 percent of their pre-release military salary.
•The Government of Canada also recently enhanced the Earnings Loss benefit to ensure a total pre-tax income of at least $40,000 a year regardless of the salary a soldier was earning in the Forces.
•Additional monthly financial benefits include the Canadian Forces Income Support, a clothing allowance and the Permanent Impairment Allowance, which ranges between $559 and $1,677 per month, payable for life, for our most seriously disabled Veterans. There is also a one-time supplementary retirement benefit, payable at age 65, to recognize the reduced ability of injured and ill Veterans to put money aside in a private pension plan.
•The Government of Canada recently implemented additional enhancements to the New Veterans Charter which make it easier to qualify for the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) and the Exceptional Incapacity Allowance.
•As well, the Government of Canada has added a new $1,028 monthly supplement for eligible recipients of the PIA. With these changes, our most severely injured men and women are guaranteed an annual income of at least $58,000 a year.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:25

Thanks again
Max:confused:

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:13

It shouldn't. PIA is supposed to be the top-up to $40k, the minimum for an injured vet. It was a program started 2 years ago so if your income is already over $40k then your PIA will not happen. But to be sure put a call in for your CM to get in touch with you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:00

Thanks Teentitan, I am TPI and get DVA, SISIP,waiting decision on PIA. Will PIA be affected as well???

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:57

Maxed you cannot collect both. It's one or the other. So seeing as you were on LTD first and now it is re-instated you go back to SISIP LTD.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:53

:confused:I was to approved to get ELB, but because I now get the sisip payments started end Oct 2012. ELB was ended until sisip runs out??
I am a little slow to understand this topic.
Are you saying that ELB is being clawed back against sisip, the same as sisip and dva clawback??
If so in time I should I get sisip, ELB, Dva???????????
Please help me understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Thu 21 Feb 2013, 02:49

ELB backpay .. This rings a bell Smile when i just started ELB this 3 months (Nov 2012) ago my CM said they had they were checking my file to see if i should recieve any elb payback .. seeing I did not I started fresh .. give them a call .
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions Empty Any updates of ELB Retro?

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 02:05

Has anyone heard anything else on the issue of ELB backpay? Any updates? I no longer have a CM as she signed off of me in December. Said if I had questions/issues I was to contact the 1-800 # and someone there would assist. I am no longer on rehab since being declared perm disabled and she called up one day and said she was taking me off her sheet. Tossed aside again I guess.
Anyway, the call centre folks have not heard anything or are not willing to say anything. I was hoping someone here had some good news or at least a really good rumour. Could use a bit of sunshine. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 23:04

Those are my thoughts to teentitan. If it wasn't an issue then they would never have halted the clawback on ELB in the first place. With that being said, as to pain and suffering I'm not sure we will qualify for that portion because we were not directly tied to the lawsuit. However our VAC monthly pensions should never have been considered income against our ELB, so this is why we will receive retro on that matter. Sound fair enough for an assumption?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:06

Got some info about retro ELB...

VAC is waiting for the Judge's final decision when it comes to retro pay. If we look at how VAC has been handling the ELB they are a few weeks behind what the DND does with SISIP. For example...

-VAC immediately ceased the clawback like the DND did for current members on LTD or ELB
-VAC reinstated ELB for those who were still injured beyond the 24 month period after release

So it is "common sense" that VAC will do retro to 2006. If I was a betting man I would bet that the memo to cabinet is written and all VAC is waiting for is the final decision by Judge Barnes in January.
So like the SISIP class the ELB class has to wait for the Judge's decision. Hope this helps ease some worries.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 17:54

Hey Rex my work sheet says EELB till (65) I also received a letter from VAC a couple of months back stating the claw back on my ELB has ceased. That's great since I never received a dime because I make too much. What does that mean and I was taken off VocRehab this year due to my health issues and (going on EIA). I was on VocRehab for at least 9 years, dotted my i's and crossed my t's ever since my release in 2003. Will i see anything in regards to a ELB retro?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 27 Nov 2012, 16:50

we don't know yet. They said that they are still deciding. Maybe once the settlement is finished, they'll just tack that money into the budgetary costs of the payout.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next