Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+18
peep
Wife of a Veteran
DeeCee
MaggieinNB
ceedee
RCN-Retired
beleaf67
sailor964
froggie2u36
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
acerman1234
dennismanuge
K9
OldZipperhead
bigrex
Teentitan
22 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 38 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 08:05

f foundry keep at your doctor i was in the exact came boat 2 hrs that is.it took a while years in fact but im now on pain meds and a kind of sleeping med that results in 4 sometimes 5 hrs.you have to keep at your doctor buds.
hope this helps
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 07:51

Do you think they would give me some cash for some half decent pain medication so I could sleep for more than 2 hours? I really need to get a full nights rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 07:30

Simple things in life cost relatively nothing, honouring our heroes who served this GREAT NATION should cost you nothing but RESPECT. I am a Veteran who volunteered to serve my country as a soldier an honour that less than 0.05 % of this country would ever do. I didn’t ask for golf clubs, I didn’t ask for plush green carpet to walk on with million dollar slogans, I didn’t ask to serve free sushi in air conditioned tents in fact all I ever asked was a chance to live with honour and pride after serving along side my brothers. I am asking our government to put aside the brass bands, the bunting or parades to thank our VETERANS, simply listen to the brave men and women of this country and look where you have placed them in a society that should see our Veterans in a different light.

• Establishing a Tim Hortons location in Kandahar has cost about $1.1 million for the first 12 months, according to the Department of National Defence.

• Snow job: In 2011 the federal government unleashed a blizzard of funds on Quebec snowmobile clubs—nine groups received a windfall of at least $1.5 million. Over the past three years Stephen Harper’s government has pumped $6 million into Quebec snowmobile clubs. Not to be outdone, the province of Ontario set aside $500,000 for loop trails of its own.

• Ottawa put $5 million toward marketing and celebrating the 2012 Grey Cup in Toronto.

• On Wednesday, it was announced that CBC/Radio Canada had won back the rights to televise the 2014 and 2016 Olympics. The CBC has refused to tell Canadians how much of our money they actually used to secure the rights, but it's estimated to be between $95-million and $110 million.

• Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s government has overspent cabinet-approved advertisement budgets for its gauzy "Economic Action Plan" media blitz that is flooding the country’s airwaves this autumn, Press TV reports.
• An examination of the Conservative government's first five years in office reveals that it squandered those advertising budgets by $128 million (over USD 130 million).

• Thin ice: Ottawa’s National Capital Commission installed seven new ice shacks along the Rideau Canal for skaters to lace up in. Each shack cost $750,000. By comparison, the average house price in Ottawa is $360,000.

• Ottawa awarded $87,000 to PurGenesis Technologies of Montreal to commercialize its “line of anti-aging products based on certified organically grown baby spinach leaves.” The money followed an earlier government “contribution” of $282,000 in 2009.

• An audit found that a $284-million program to get Ontario tobacco farmers out of the industry in 2008 actually funnelled half the money to people who didn’t farm tobacco in the first place.

• OTTAWA, ON: With only a few days to go before the 6th anniversary of the 2006 election, the Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) has released a report estimating that the cost to retire the entire 41st Parliament in 2015 is at least $262 million in cumulative pensions and $15 million in severance payoffs.

• A number of contracts qualified for funding under the Canada-Quebec Infrastructure Program Agreement, which started in 2000 and under which Ottawa contributed one-third of the costs. That specific federal-provincial program sent $505 million to Quebec over a decade, before wrapping up in 2010, and did not include historic multibillion-dollar stimulus programs after 2008.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 19:17

I am brigning this up again, this is what is charged by the GOC for late incom due to them, just late, not robbed!
Penalty for Filing Your Income Taxes Late

If you owe Canadian income tax and file your Canadian income tax return after the deadline, the Canada Revenue Agency will charge a penalty of

five percent of the balance owing and
one percent of the balance owing for each full month that your return is late, to a maximum of 12 months.
If you were charged a late-filing penalty in one of the previous three years and are late filing your income taxes again, the Canada Revenue Agency will charge a penalty of

ten percent of the balance owing for the current year and
two percent of the balance owing for each full month that your current income tax return is late, to a maximum of 20 months.
Interest Charges for Filing Your Income Taxes Late

In addition to the penalty for filing your Canadian income taxes late, the Canada Revenue Agency will also charge compound daily interest

on any unpaid amounts owing for 2011, starting May 1, 2012 and
on any penalties charged, starting the day after your return is due.

So, what would be the fine for robbing us???
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 13:13

I was just saying that in less civilized countries in this world, that is the normal course of action for their scenario. We on the other hand have the advantage/disadvantage of civilized law where in the end the righteous USUALLY stand tall.

But yet while I type this I think to myself, when was the last time we stood tall? When was the last time that we had PRIDE in our stride? With the fact that we have taken it up the butt for so long, how could anyone possibly walk tall? We give it our all and then some for our country and then when the dust settles at the end of the day, who are the ones left feeling like a piece of garbage sent to the dump for decomposition?

We ARE Veterans and we should be proud to have served our country yet I am reading time and time again at how WE feel like WE have not been important to the people that WE have served. How can you feel pride when you are dragged through process after process after process to be told:

Suck it up because thats just how it is!! Not you nor I can change it, all we can do is accept it!!

Well if not for "Robin Hood" then this would still be happening and WE would still be following orders just like we are taught. The GOC has had years and years to fix this problem, yet they decide hmmmmmm since SISIP has been working so great to add money into the GOC's pocket then lets mirror this process so that then we do not have to pay money to an outside source and have that much more to tuck away.

The fact that they have made the conscious decision to continue to do business this way even after the Ombudsman has declared that this is an injustice to the troops/veterans, that right there is just one time where the GOC has decided to "delay" the inevitable. Then they hire a lawyer and spend close to a million dollars to delay the proceedings even more. Only after how many years, and how many court appearances and how many appeals that they say "You know what we were wrong". And then to have a press conference to say how great they are for taking care of the veterans because they are not going to appeal again, LIES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:38

OK getting the whole interest idea. Also like the Robin Hood scenario (hey who didn't like Erroyl Flynn in green tights?)

But the warlord thing are you suggesting "mutiny" be a point in the letter to GoC?

Mutiny would have worked when we were in uniform and saw our injured brothers getting screwed (didn't the Danes strike?) but as vets the only mutiny we could do is not pay taxes. But then that would catch up with us and we could face fines, and jail. Then again 3 hots and a cot with primo health care, tv, internet sounds a lot better then an old age home where you get cold prepared food re-heated.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:33

It worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:29

Very Happy Smile

Yes Rusty I thought it was fitting to add a little twist to your little story!!

Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 11:24

I like it !! Seems similar to someone else comments SmileSmileSmile

I am pretty sure from previous postings that it is more than 1000 per Vet, as well as the fact that this has gone on for longer than 5 years. So this puts a hell of a spin on how much The Sherriff of Nottingham (GOC) has collected from The People (Canadian Veterans) that has now been sorted out by Robin Hood (Denis Manuge) and His Merry Men (Peter Driscoll and the law team from McInnes Cooper).

Thank you again Robin and his Merry Men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:29

So I used an online calculator for checking what the outcome would be if you calculate interest on a flat rate of 3%, which is todays mortgage rate.

If you start with a deposit of 1000 and deposit 1000 into the account each month then, these are the numbers you end up with.

Year 1 >>> 13196.79
Year 2 >>> 25764.57
Year 3 >>> 38714.61
Year 4 >>> 52058.53
Year 5 >>> 65808.32

So after looking at that it tells me WOW!!!

7200 vets, for a five year period would look something like this:

5 Years
3% Interest
72000 First Deposit
72000 Deposit per month

Year 1 >>> 950,169.5
Year 2 >>> 1,855,049.38
Year 3 >>> 2,787,452.04
Year 4 >>> 3,748,214.62
Year 5 >>> 4,738,199.71

Now when you look at it like that, it brings a completely different opinion about how this whole Class Action is right in so many more ways.

I am pretty sure from previous postings that it is more than 1000 per Vet, as well as the fact that this has gone on for longer than 5 years. So this puts a hell of a spin on how much The Sherriff of Nottingham (GOC) has collected from The People (Canadian Veterans) that has now been sorted out by Robin Hood (Denis Manuge) and His Merry Men (Peter Driscoll and the law team from McInnes Cooper).

Thank you again Robin and his Merry Men.

When you look at it like this it tells me that it is morally, ethically and legally wrong that the GOC feels that they have done nothing wrong and that they do not want to accept the fact that they have mistreated the people who stood up to protect them.

Why is it okay that a bureaucrat/politician (GOC as an entity) can steal money and have no obligation to accept responsibility/accountability for their actions? But a homeless man that steals a loaf of bread ends up with:

A. A criminal record
B. Must answer for their crimes.
C. Forever have the guilt of knowing they have wronged someone.

Yet the GOC has made a public cry of "We are fixing how we scr**ed our Vets", ooooooo look how noble we are to negotiate the return of stolen goods. I bet the homeless man does not get to negotiate what his punishment is, just as the homeless man was caught red handed so was the GOC.

Sorry for the rant, just tired of seeing injustice towards people who have served for their country with pride only to be taken advantage of because they have been taught to do as their told without question.

From what I remember WARLORDS did not last long because when they did not pay their soldiers then there was a revolution by the soldiers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 08:49

I think and i repeat, come end of January you will be writing thank you letters ....of course we will get what we lost but i am assured there will be some bonuses!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 05:48

georges its a little compicated but in a nutshell if you get damages for something that would have othewise been taxed then thoes damages are taxable.as for iterest as ive stated many times we should recive debtor intrest as it is my belife that many of us do not have much of a stock portfolio and a lot of high intrest loans and credit card debt.ideas?make it fully and publicly known what we the class will accept in this deal to the negotiating parties before its compleat by as many of the class members we can muster.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 22:37

Being late, it is not a crime, what they did was worst, I am waiting to see the offer!

Last edited by K9 on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 22:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 22 Nov 2012, 22:34

Read this and see how we are laughed at? Then imagine doing this for years! I have plenty to write to the Judge!

Penalty for Filing Your Income Taxes Late

If you owe Canadian income tax and file your Canadian income tax return after the deadline, the Canada Revenue Agency will charge a penalty of

five percent of the balance owing and
one percent of the balance owing for each full month that your return is late, to a maximum of 12 months.
If you were charged a late-filing penalty in one of the previous three years and are late filing your income taxes again, the Canada Revenue Agency will charge a penalty of

ten percent of the balance owing for the current year and
two percent of the balance owing for each full month that your current income tax return is late, to a maximum of 20 months.
Interest Charges for Filing Your Income Taxes Late

In addition to the penalty for filing your Canadian income taxes late, the Canada Revenue Agency will also charge compound daily interest

on any unpaid amounts owing for 2011, starting May 1, 2012 and
on any penalties charged, starting the day after your return is due.

Last edited by K9 on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 07:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 22:05

propat can you repeat that in english please? One reasons for not paying taxes is that GOV or TB have already maid money on it, interest they did is not what we will get, they alsow invested that money elswhere and mad money on that!!! Any other idea?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next