Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
Rags
Slaket
abetterway
Dannypaj
armybulldog
1993firebird
rucksack031
Kramer
Dove96
meteck
Sapper Zodiak
birdgunner
johnny211
2 Truck
BinRat
Rifleman
cosmo12
pinger
loggie
Teentitan
prawnstar
bigrex
Jeffery M
28 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

who do you want to win this election ?

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_lcap100%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 19 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Kramer Wed 14 Oct 2015, 16:40

It happened for a number of reasons but not limited to (but just my take on things):

Cdn's are for the most part pacifists.....we normally put up and shut up......Cdn's are a tough bunch.....we don't normally complain or say squat when we should.....the straw that broke the camel's back is what happened....we have had enough of being lied to and walked on.

The Legion didn't help much by remaining neutral and not speaking out on our behalf and down-playing reality or the truth.

It is only when voices slowly stated speaking out that a pattern became too obvious to dismiss or sweep under the carpet.

Between bureaucracy at its worst considering the VAC red tape and VRAB trying hard to save the government money at the hands of the vets (hmmmm seem to always come back to us vets getting shafted) the same complaints surfaced again and again.

I think we are also shooting ourselves in the foot big time with new veteran groups sprouting up all over the place. Currently I believe there are too many and it just adds to the confusion of what it is we want. I am not sure if some of the founders of these groups just want to say hey .........look at me and have their picture taken.......because regardless where their loyalty lies.....or how honourable their motives are.......they just make the waters that much more murky.

Can't have one voice when there are so many cooks spoiling the broth.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 15:44

Okay so "nothing", all veterans and serving members need to never let this happen again. We need strong new advocates who will fight and organize and speak to media. We need to support financially those advocates when they take our government to court. This new veterans charter should have been challenged in court right from the beginning. So why wasn't it, why did it take afghan vets to take matters into their own hands if another lawsuit has to take place then we all need to step up and give our support how ever we can I know I will support financially to right this wrong. Lets hope this never has to happen but lets all be prepared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 14 Oct 2015, 14:18

I am not good at remembering fine details.....
while he has been MVA he announced an additional lump sum of 70,000.00 to approximately 110 or 1% of vets who are said to need it the most and The Caregiver Relief Benefit:
March 9: Government promises to introduce new financial assistance for moderately and seriously disabled veterans who are 65 and older.​
March 12: O'Toole promises veteran amputees they will no longer have to verify lost limbs.
March 13: O'Toole announces that veteran reservists would gain access to same benefits as full-time members of the Canadian Forces.

and.....the announcement to add more case managers and re-open more offices (yes which they prematurely got rid of and closed....but that wasn't his doing). From personal first hand experience......the paperwork has gotten much better.....is there still room for improvement.....oh ya!

We got mostly breadcrumbs to shut us up for the upcoming election. The lawsuit got put on the back-burner......obvious chicken sh*t reasons.....but they still spent 700,000.00 fighting vets....... then there was the 1.3billion ear-marked for vets that was returned to help balance the balance so the Cons would smell sweet.

We can't forget what else we got for the Conservatives......we got pittance, scraps, insults, neglect, abandonment, smoke and mirrors from the Cons, for what us vets have done for our country and many given the ultimate price with their life!

.....what have the MP's done to deserve the awesome wage and pension they get or the corrupt Senate.....ahhhhh it's because of "who you know" ..not what they did or have done for our country!

The Cons believe us vets are just a bad debt......won't acknowledge Agent Orange or mental disorders because they dismissed the risks of anti-malaria drugs (Larium/Mefloquin). They believe missing limbs have the ability to grow back and everyones quality of life should only get better over time!!! Bloody selfish, self-serving, lying........well unfortunately we all know the colourful metaphors for our loving politicians!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 08:21

well bigrex said it all I thing . that sums it up .

their is a fine line between braveness and stupidity . never thought he would ever take that job because given the current PM and political climate its a job where political careers go to die .

my hat is off to him though he actually did it and gave it the old collage try .

boys like an ants nest the current cons are like a hive mind . ya cant really blame the ants for much all blame lies with the queen.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 14 Oct 2015, 08:04

In reality, nothing. All the announcements that were made before the election, were in the works while Fantino was still in charge, but because the relationship with him had soured, no possible announcement could have placated vocal Veterans during the election. So they brought in O'Toole, who made the announcements, using a far friendlier tone, and less finger wagging. But by then, it was too little too late. Could O'Toole be a decent MVA, under a different PM, that actually allows him to make changes that make a difference, and not just for optics? Possibly, but unless he crosses the floor to the Liberals, we will never know.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty Can anyone tell me what erin otoole has done for veterans.

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 06:09

I cannot think of anything would someone refresh my memory.

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty who do you want to win this election ?

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2015, 14:54

ok boys now is the time for comments .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Oct 2015, 05:24

Thanks everyone this was a hard trip down hell's highway I cannot live with myself if i let them kick me around anymore my statement not to fight was wrong. But also giving in to their demands and being controlled is also wrong. PTSD sucks and living with it through mild, medium and all hell's going to break loose is not enjoyable my all hells going to break loose has been dealing with sisip va vrab I read a thing on line that sums it up thinking about your problems some times is okay. Thinking about it most of the time is not good. thinking about it 24/7 is dangerous. until I blacken their eyes i will always be living in the danger zone with no chance to heal. And them bastards don't want us to heal there are some sick son's of bitches in Ottawa and were going to blacken their eyes together. do not fk with this post teen as politically correct can go fk itself..

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 19 Empty Kibbles N Bits N Bites

Post by pinger Sat 26 Sep 2015, 17:16

Kibbles N Bits N Bites

The title of this thread I mean to be reflective, an analogy of benefits if you wish.
Cheerios to milk-bones, every combination of them and their end result. Just think how diverse ones individuals scenario can be. Think age, marital status, kids, how badly injured, in what way, blind, deaf, mentally, current location, combat, peacetime, addictions, reg./reserve, etc. etc. etc.

The above may be differences, but is extremely relevant how it can pan out to the below.

NVC lump sum
PA pension
ELB
EELB
Entitlements and 5ths
VIP
PIA pick a grade
PIA supp
EIA
CPPd
SDA
Civi benefits for whatever reason
Private ins. policies and their disclaimers
Any employment
etc. etc. including ALL the fine print

Moreover, how a good or bad combination of the latter may find some of us with a bowl of cheerios... or dog biscuits. Not to forget the time, grief, and bull shyte getting to the damn bowl in the first place. Or the offsets, penalties, clawbacks and paybacks one may incur initially or in the future.
Ones individual sit. may vary, but we all went through the same damn cookie cutter.

To me, prudence demands being 3 steps ahead and then some in the circles we deal with.

Stay well all. Pinger.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 22 Sep 2015, 19:50

Wildthing- As a comrade I could go on about how not to give in, but I think you are beyond that. And for that I feel bad. I know what it feels like to go to that deserted little Island with our dogs, and not turn back. My only wish for you is that you reach out to your area OSSIS gp. You may not read this, but either way brother we have your back, and are only trying to keep the count. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 22 Sep 2015, 19:14

Take care wild thing

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 18:45

buds just take a breather for as long as you need buds. see ya soon I hope.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 18:41

Best of luck to you also Wild thing.....hope you find some peace of mind.....also it was nice having you on the site , take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:48

Band of Brothers & Sisters.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:30

wild thing, it really troubles me to hear of your pain. Please take care of yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next