Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locked thread?

+2
RCN-Retired
pinger
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Locked thread? Empty Re: Locked thread?

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 18:51

Meck understood, and see's my point.

Maybe u should go back and read the thread again. Or just read Mecks above post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 18:41

The conflict we are dealing with now stems from the locked thread FRAUD & DISABILITY  which arose from the assertion by Rags that wounded battle injuries are more relevant and deserving than wounded non battle injuries. That is where the instigations began and why the thread was locked. The  locked thread had little to do with the book Fraud & Disability: The SNAFU at Veterans Affairs by G.F. McCauley.

I sincerely hope your back gets better soon Bigrex.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 05 May 2016, 18:29

The thread that was locked was discussing the controversial book, which already had members seeing red. Then comments were made about comments, that were made about comments, and so on and so on. It was going nowhere but south, and fast, so I made a decision that kept things from going too far in the heat of the moment. I'm not going to apologize for that decision. In the military, and civilian life, decisions are made everyday, because there is a job to be done. If people hum and haw, every time a decision is required, worrying whether or not people will like the decision they make, nothing would ever get done. The same goes for here. We have a job to do, which is to try to make the forums run as smoothy as possible. And as respected members of this forums, I would request that everyone allow us the ability to make tough decisions, for the greater good of the forums, without publicly criticizing us for the few occasions that we do need to step in.

Any public forum, that is moderated, will lock or delete threads that become too volatile. Except most times it's some nameless employee, who doesn't care about those that post in the forums. If anyone says that I do not care about this site, or the people who visit it, then they clearly do not know me. And to demonstrate how much I care, I threw out my back yesterday, and have been bed ridden for the last 30 hours, unable to stand up, yet I am still coming online, using my phone, just to monitor this situation.

Sincerely

Bigrex
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 17:38

Steelgunner ,

Your wrong , your original post of this topic contain comments that suggested that you were against Locking Topics.

As I already responded to you I politely responded to your first post from another topic you asked if you were dreaming cause you thought the the topic fraud & disability was censored ? But it's gone ?
My answer to you explained that you can still view the topic but could not post to it , I even told you where to find it ?
That right there should have been sufficient , that should have been the end of it.

No apparently not , you proceeded to start up a new topic "Locked thread ?"
Your first post in this particular topic included comments that suggested you were against Locked topics ?
Who is fanning the flames here ?

Here's a question for you do you really think this thread has gone completely sideways ?
Does it not contain post responding to your topic heading ?
Locked thread ?

Thank you absolutely tone does indeed matter , the tone I use defends my position in my action or actions to uphold the integrity of the forum.

Bullying people in public or online is wrong , absolutely ! I agree with you 100%.

Have you ever considered this ?
When you log on and you see the guest not logging on do you think it may just be because they see individuals complaining to the staff that they don't agree with the action or actions they have done ?
The constant bullshit back an forth between the staff and the members ? Making hard for the staff to keep the forum on track ?
Absolutely nothing to do with the main objectives of the Forum ?
Here's an example , a new topic post such as this one , the one you started , Locked thread ?

Saying that the website is not friendly , almost dictator like is a direct attack on me !
So the first thing I will do is give you a warning , the warning is don't come onto the forum an attack me or anyone else !
If you got a problem , use the three methods I have clearly described in this topic !

This is going to be my last response to this particular topic !

Moving forward the full extent of the rules will be enforced !

Trooper

Forum Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 17:11

bigrex yes I have received apologies for things that were done . thing is though this aint the military.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 05 May 2016, 17:07

Roger that Bropat.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 17:04

that's absolutely correct prawn I try to wright things as if im talking to the person face to face I always thought that best . I truly believe we all should meet each other where possible because I think in meeting we can understand each other much better.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 05 May 2016, 16:53

I know for myself it is easy to write things that come out the wrong way or the tone is not right. It is also easy to stir the pot anonymously which can add fuel to the fire cause you don't know the person you are "talking" to. Common sense and respect go a long way in our community of brothers and sisters.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 05 May 2016, 16:45

I do not believe anything the Military taught me to be true. Did 20 years , 5 months and 15 days and do not even talk about the Military anymore.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 16:15

Well, this thread has gone completely sideways.  My orginal post was really just a guestion, locked thread?  That's all.
The person that wrote the book on the Fruad and Disabilty was the main point that started my interest in questioning or responding to what I thought was a simple locked thread.  Rags made a few comments that did not sit well with me and I tried to explain my point of view, while understanding Rags point of view with no malice towards him or anyone on this site.  

But I will say this - Tone does mater.
Bullying people in public or online is wrong.

When I log on, I see a lot of guest on and not many members.  I know why, the majority are members not logged because they want to view in peace.  The web site is not friendly, almost dictator like in my opinion.  I am new to the website, I have no ideas of taking over or forcing my thoughts on anyone or joining any sides.  I came here to get help with SSIP and VAC, that's all.   Now, I see we eat our own, still drink kool-aid from the  trough and still believe everything the military taught us was true.

There must be much more to the underlying story here then just a locked thread.

Cooler heads should, prevail.  Tone Matters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 15:45

ya think you are on to something there prawn I think me and trooper should have a face to face sit down as well since we are in the same province .

just a nice relaxing peaceful conversation over a coffee meats are great ways to really understand others much better than computer stuff . I think all CSAT should get together every now and again for coffee and what not .ive done it before and love to do it again .

how about it trooper coffee will be on me . busy till Sunday but will be able to free up time next week . if your good with that let me know ill send you my name and number and we will set something up . or you send me yours its all good .

cant wait ta meet ya in person .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 05 May 2016, 14:13

Trooper , Understood. Stand your ground , play safe and be strong. But I still think that you are all crazy like me. LOL

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 05 May 2016, 13:58

Holy shyte!! I have been off line for a day or so and it seems all hell has broken loose. IMHO everyone just needs to step back take a deep breath and see how we are turning on ourselves. We are all highly sensitive to most issues and we do have a tendency to get pretty agitated over some topics. I completely understand where steel and others are coming from however as stated by bigrex and trooper this is a public forum and they need to run it as per forum regulations as do all forums I belong to. If you strongly disagree with each other why not take it to a PM or chatroom. Voicing ones opinion is one thing but disrespecting to each other is not good. JUST SAYIN no stones being thrown from me. OH LOOK THERE'S A SQUIRREL.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 13:18

Navrat ,

I have many resources at my disposal to use for any actions that I take on the Forum.
I know how to use each an every one of them , I have held off on using the more harsh ones.
I have set limits in using each one of them.

I am fully aware of the diversity in terms of meds used an the mental aspect that could be involved with both members an non members of the Forum.
This has been one of my main focus points from day one.

There is also another focus point that I consider an that is the line of balance that balances from determining the main purpose or objectives of the forum , an a non purpose action or actions posted on the forum.
These non purpose actions sometimes crosses the line an strays the forum off course , that is when you would see me take action.
These line barriers have been explained time an time again , the rules are up for all to see , it is as fair as one could ask for.

With respect to deleting anyone , I have yet to delete anyone on the forum who has not ask me to delete them.

As the forum master I have made the decision to explain and or offer to anyone that if they want to be deleted , ask me , an I will delete them.
Why is this ?
The forums main objectives have to come first , anything outside of that is non purpose , not every non purpose subject is bad or interferes with our main objectives , but complaining about what action or actions I have taken is telling me that the person or persons do not agree with the rules of the forum , or the way I'm running the forum.
Instead of spending hours , days or even Months posting the complaints on the forum , putting the forum completely off track , I made the decision that the person or persons would be better off asking me to delete them as the constant complaining serves only to distract our main purpose an interferes with our main goals.
That is one measure that I have taken , the other two are to PM me or Rex , or contact the forum founder who has more authority then I do.

Like I told propat , I'm not going to change my ways of running the forum , I don't bow down to pressure , I stand by every single action I have taken.

There are some who do not like my tone or the way I'm running the forum , since I made it crystal clear to everyone that I will continue running the forum in the exact same fashion , now is the time to band together get yourself a leader such as propat , and put your grievance into the forum founder , Admin.
Ask that I be replaced , Bigrex knows how to handle things , he has been on the site since the first few days of the forums existence , perhaps he is willing to take over my position.
If not you may all get the chance to apply for it.

Oh and BTW , propat I suggest you get moving on this real quick as those harsh resources I spoke about the ones I have yet to use  are going to become into use real soon as I have had just about enough of this nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 12:11

I like both Big Rex and Trooper and believe they are doing a great job but I think Trooper it's the way you said it kinda like take it or leave it, and if you don't like it delete! Nobody likes to think that their account could be deleted at a moments notice. Also I have come to realize that many probably most on csat have disabilities ranging from severe to mild, phyiscal and mental so I believe that sometimes the Admin has to take what is posted from that angle that not every veterans perception might be as clear as some who haven't answered the call. Just my opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next