Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locked thread?

+2
RCN-Retired
pinger
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Locked thread? - Page 3 Empty Re: Locked thread?

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 04 May 2016, 00:00

If it was not the intention then perhaps the forum masters need to ensure they choose their words a bit more carefully because to me it was interesting to hear the combat vs the non combat remarks. I certainly do not agree that there should be two tiers of veterans, did not agree personally what Rags was saying but did respect his point of view. I agree with Navrat, threatening to delete an account just because a forum master does not like what a member says can be dangerous. I do believe and correct me if I am wrong this site is all of ours, so some tolerance needs to be given.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 22:47

well bigrex the why still eludes me and to be honest I just don't want to know . I don't believe it was the right thing to do . but im guessing you know that . my question and think about this for a sec . what was accomplished by that action?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 May 2016, 22:19

I do not think that was what was intended. I did not lock the thread on a whim, and it is the only thread that has been locked in a extremely long time. If we were over controlling, we would have locked this thread, but we haven't. Sometimes we can all tell when a conversation is spiraling downward, and before things were said, that none of us wanted to say, I had to make a decision. So locking the thread was the fastest and easiest method to force everyone to take a step back, and refocus on the subject on hand. As far as the comment about deleting members, that was merely to say that we are not forcing anyone to be here, and if you do not like how we handled that one single thread, then you are free to leave. We will not simply delete an account, unless someone continues to break the forum rules.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 22:07

Correct! The former admin tried to control and shut down anything not conservative! Everyone's opinion matters no matter how crazy it may seem, take that away and nobody will post out of fear of being deleted

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 03 May 2016, 21:19

I am not so sure of a site or site masters that suggest that a decision is theirs and theirs alone and that if we wee mortals do not like that decision then all we need do is ask to be deleted! Really? Seems a bit harsh, all opinions matter and if those on this site are perhaps censored or told they can be deleted that is also one would feel not what this site is for. I would suggest that perhaps tougher skin needs to be sought.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 19:59

Your first class to me steelgunner, no second class veterans in my universe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 19:35

your a good man steelgunner .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 18:53

Steelgunner wrote:Locked thread?  

Wow, so Army like.  Now we are acting like VAC, Government, and little kids.

So what if the discussion gets heated or personal.   If you write down something you believe in, defend yourself.

Everyone has a voice here, and an Opinion!!!!  Gee, what's the name of this website... Hmmm voice?

Well we where just shut down and censored.  

I will say this and it's my opinion:

Many are missing the point here, it's all about service to the Vet that we receive form VAC.  In regards to injuries it does not matter where you got your injury, what type, and by training or overseas period.  The number one thing is amount paid by VAC via the percent to the VET or serving member.  In the end the amount does not change percent wise for injury overseas or in Canada. 100% in Canada is the same 100% overseas.  

As, a Veteran injuried overseas and in training in Canada which I received a VAC award for both, which I am thankful for.  I stand beside all of you and don't question your trade or injury.  We all took the oath and signed on the dotted line, some gave what was asked or order of them, others gave all.  We all know the true enemy here, it's the politics of the current and past governments.  They will lie to us, cut cost and hold back money in order to do there on agenda.

We all sign up to fight and preserve freedom thru the Canadian Armed Forces machine, which needs ever trade to make the machine work.

I will finish my rant now.

One Veteran, one charter!  I should not be treated like a second class veteran.  

Salute.

Well said Steelgunner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 18:09

Saying words such as these "Wow, so Army like. Now we are acting like VAC, Government, and little kids."

This tells me your not in favor of the way in which I'm running the Forum.

I gave you the reason behind our action to lock the Topic , like I said , I'm not going to spend anymore time explaining this to you ,
and don't be given me any suggestions about the way in which I do run the Forum.

Enough said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 18:04

Wow, second class veteran is refering to the NVC 2005. That's all

And why don't u just deleted the persons posting that's causing the problem and u should know who that is if your moderating the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 17:05

Steelgunner ,

The Topic/Thread being Locked is on me , myself and Bigrex are responsible for running the CSAT Forum.
So it is obvious you have a problem with it , so I will tell you why it was Locked.
If myself or Bigrex see that a topic is escalating into a confrontation mode , we will Lock it down.

So that is it as far as the Locking of topics go.

I will not stand for the Forum turning into a free for all outright argumentative format , it solves absolutely nothing an goes against what we stand for.
There's a difference between ranting and a full out battle between members.
It's a judgement call between myself and Bigrex , and that will not change.
We have the integrity of the Forum to uphold , and that is exactly what were going to continue doing.
CSAT is all about helping each other , arguing or an argument that looks like it's going to escalate is where you will find the Topic deleted , moved , or Locked.

If you feel that you are being treated like a second class Veteran , and you want to be deleted from the Forum , you can simply let myself or Bigrex know , and we will delete you.

I'm not going to spend anymore time explaining this to you , you can accept it , or request you be deleted.

Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 03 May 2016, 15:41

Pretty much steelgunner. But what got shutdown or censored? That McCauley article (?) got moved is all. and not removed.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 15:27

very well said steel .

propat

Back to top Go down

Locked thread? - Page 3 Empty Locked thread?

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 15:16

Locked thread?

Wow, so Army like. Now we are acting like VAC, Government, and little kids.

So what if the discussion gets heated or personal. If you write down something you believe in, defend yourself.

Everyone has a voice here, and an Opinion!!!! Gee, what's the name of this website... Hmmm voice?

Well we where just shut down and censored.

I will say this and it's my opinion:

Many are missing the point here, it's all about service to the Vet that we receive form VAC. In regards to injuries it does not matter where you got your injury, what type, and by training or overseas period. The number one thing is amount paid by VAC via the percent to the VET or serving member. In the end the amount does not change percent wise for injury overseas or in Canada. 100% in Canada is the same 100% overseas.

As, a Veteran injuried overseas and in training in Canada which I received a VAC award for both, which I am thankful for. I stand beside all of you and don't question your trade or injury. We all took the oath and signed on the dotted line, some gave what was asked or order of them, others gave all. We all know the true enemy here, it's the politics of the current and past governments. They will lie to us, cut cost and hold back money in order to do there on agenda.

We all sign up to fight and preserve freedom thru the Canadian Armed Forces machine, which needs ever trade to make the machine work.

I will finish my rant now.

One Veteran, one charter! I should not be treated like a second class veteran.

Salute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3