Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locked thread?

+2
RCN-Retired
pinger
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Locked thread? - Page 2 Empty Re: Locked thread?

Post by bigrex Thu 05 May 2016, 11:29

Propat, I was the one who locked the thread. It was my decision, and I will own it. How many of you, while still in uniform, have ever heard an apology for a decision that was made? Likely none, because we are taught to make a decision, and stand by it, even if it isn't a popular one. And we have never trampled on anyone's freedom of speech. Like you said, we locked that one thread, and now more threads have opened up, that will remain open, as long as people try to remain calm and respectful. The funny thing is, the people who are now being more vocal about the locked thread, were not even participating in the conversation when it was locked.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 10:35

No Firebird I won't play nice , absolutely not !

I want everyone to read my response to propat , I want to give every CSAT member an opportunity to join his group.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 05 May 2016, 10:24

Lets stop throwing sand at each other , the sandbox has enough sand for everyone. PLAY NICE OR YOU WILL GET A TIME OUT , LMAO.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 09:46

propat ,

I will not change my tone !

I will not change the way in which I run the Forum !

To be really honest with you propat I really don't care what you think of me , or what you think about the way in which I run the Forum !

If you continue to waste the Forums time in objecting to the way I run things I will deal with you like I would deal with anybody else.

If your so against the locking of topics , or any other action that I have taken , why don't you do something about it like contacting the founder CJ you know who he is , and you know how to contact him , let him know your concerns , tell him what your telling everybody else on the forum , get your group together , band together and submit your complaint , CJ is a straight shooter and he will replace me if he feels it's best for the forum , and he also knows that I would leave without any hard feelings towards him.
It's as simple as that , for me to repeat what I have said over and over again with respect to the rules of the forum , the reasons why actions are taken by myself , and the way in which I run the forum , is quite frankly a waste of everyone's time , it's a waste of the forums time , as a matter of fact , it is in the forum rules for all to see , on every page at that , so I don't feel it necessary to constantly discuss the rules when there on each page of the forum , and I have posted my own reasons for the actions that I have taken and continue to take.

I have no problem dealing with you or anyone else who disagrees with the way I run the forum , this is not my first walk on the block , I am not going to change the way I run the forum today , or tomorrow , that I'm telling you straight out , so do CSAT a favor and rally your so called troops , band together and submit your grievance outside the forum to CJ and rally together to have me be replaced , I will gladly step aside.
This way CSAT can continue to function the way it's suppose to function , and if I'm to be replaced , then it would be up to my replacement to decide how he or she runs the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 08:29

well trooper after those last demeaning , insulting , and degrading attacks on us this will be my last polite comment on the subject unless you change your tone. ya want to have an intelligent and respectful conversation about this im great with that .

this distraction as you call it is the same as the last one a freedom of speech issue . you say you don't want the but you guys are the ones that caused them in the first place with your own actions .

the last time the action was to correct a perceived problem you yourself said many times wasn't a problem .

because of what you did it became a huge problem .

same here none of this would have even happened if the thread hadn't been locked . now we have 3 threads on here where their should be only one.

if you don't want distraction maybe you should stop creating them.

seriously before you do something think long and hard about what your doing before you do it as to if it will fix a perceived problem or only make it worse .

as for banning together that is something we do as vets . our past careers probably have something to do with that im guessing . we just seem to band together like brothers to help assist and support each other and yes sometimes fight lol we have been doing that for years here kinda like a team and buds im afraid their is nothing you can do to or say that will ever change that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 04 May 2016, 15:41

I agree firebird and this is coming from me, the crazy guy.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 04 May 2016, 13:45

You guys and gals are all nuts.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 11:55

Here's the deal with this whole ordeal of questioning the actions of the Forum Master or the Forum Master assistant.

You got a problem with the way I'm running the Forum , you have three options ;

1. Send me or Bigrex a PM with your concerns.

2. Contact the Forum Founder which is Admin through a PM.

3. Request to either myself or Bigrex your registration be canceled.

The CSAT Forum is a public and open Forum , it is my job to ensure that all who view the Forum have access to the Forums objectives which is to help and provide info.
Challenging on the Forum what actions I have taken to allow the Forum to keep on track , is not helping anyone , it distracts the Forum and strays away from the goals , help and info  CSAT provides.
I have had just about enough of this nonsense , and down right Ignorance towards the integrity of the Forum.
The rules are posted for all to see , if you want to simply challenge the way I'm running the Forum , if you feel your rights are being violated , if you feel your being singled out , if you feel that I'm over controlling in the manner I'm running the Forum take one of the three options I have provided above.

In the meantime let me make this clear to everyone , CSAT is not a place where you go to click with groups to challenge others in a negative manner in particular the individuals who volunteer to work at keeping the Forum on track.  
If you come at me in a manner that is hostile , or you have some sort of negativity towards the way I'm running the Forum , I will defend myself in the manner that suits me.
I have absolutely no time for this type of behavior , it's down right insulting , and is not what one would expect from the very people who I provide the help.
The help is me keeping the Forum on track so everyone could benefit from the help.
My main objective is to ensure to the best of my ability that the help gets out , gets out without interference in doing my job.
Banning together to object to the very way I'm running the Forum is only making my job harder , it takes away from what the main purpose or objectives of the Forum.
It distracts our main goals , it is nothing more then a full blown distraction , it serves only to satisfy those who for whatever reason or reasons want to cause a distraction.
Either way , I will say this , I will continue to run the Forum in the way I see fit , those that don't like it have the above three options to consider , as long as I continue to be the Forum Master, this is the way it's going to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 08:20

lmao yup kind of twisted when vets orgs want the GOC listen to them when they will not even listen to vets . can you say soup sandwich ? can you use that phrase in a sentence ?

frack

always question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 08:16

Very true Propat, thanks for your comments and I do feel what you said. I need to put on a sweater, it's very cold in here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 08:08

steelgunner your not offending most of us your observations are correct and need to be said . this is a TEAM above all else of witch your an equal member to all else chief to cook . people like to trample on our rights freedoms and privileges here there and everywhere almost like they don't know what the cost of those things was . I understand that from civies and understand why not their fault they just don't know how . how can they?

from a vet though ya know if he really doesn't know he should at least understand .

sad fact is we not only have to fight the GOC to get our message across sometimes we even have to fight our own vets orgs .

seriously if the members of a vet org wants full financial figures released that particular org will just say no .

and if the members want a discussion ore vote on the matter . they just say no again .

we are our own worst enemy .

its easier to get your message across to the GOC because they go by Canadian law in general .send your message to the GOC about any subject you want in any manner you choose within Canadian law they will not suggest you leave the country or just throw you out or arrest you .

yup if they don't like what you are saying they can ignore you and not respond certainly a good option that I use here at times .

but best of all we have a vote and they don't take that away .

ya im rambling again anyway point is we are a team and when your right your right .

as you can see the rest of the team does have your back that's the way teams work.

great teamwork guys .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 04 May 2016, 07:53

RCN, as I pointed out, members are not going to come to the site, to find that their accounts have been deleted. What was being discussed, was if someone chooses to leave the forums completely, they can request that their profile be deleted. At that point all their post would then show up as Guest. This is not new feature.

I personally do not see what the big issue is. So what if that particular thread was locked? Members are still discussing the book, as much as I would rather the only discussion about it, was how much heat it produced when they were all burned, but so be it. People are even discussing the contentious comments that were made in that thread, but are doing so in less heated manner. So life goes on.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 07:19

Steelgunner AKA the same member

If your going to quote me or only use part of my words that can be taken out of context  by all other members.   Include all my words.  You are fanning the flames yourself.

This all started when another member voiced his thoughts which he is more then welcomed to voice, but all others can voice their opinion to his remarks. Right or wrong.  My opinion is that everyone that is injured anyway via training or combat is treated the same way by VAC percent way. The guy that slips in the base shower after PT gets the same amount percent wise as the guy that gets shot in combat.

I am not here to cause shit, I joined to get help as others have joined.  On other threads that I have commented on, you can see I have a common sense approach.

I apologize if I offended any member or founders of this site which I am part of now.  I will not ask at any point in the future to have my account delete.  Anyone can contact me in private message to clear up a point or just make a point that I am not seeing correctly.

Cheers to all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 05:36

Listen up there's a reason why Topics are Locked an other actions are taken on the Forum by myself and Rex.
The reason or reasons are simple , it's to allow the Forum to run in a proactive manner , keeping the Forum on track.
Most Forums have this in place an those that don't have Forums that are in complete chaos that serves no purpose.
To sit back an allow the Forum to run itself without monitoring it is not useful to anyone , it helps no one and voids it's intention.
I realize some do not like the way I'm running the Forum , I can accept that and fully understand that but it does not change the fact that I have a job to do , it does not influence me in any way shape or form in the way I choose to run the Forum.
I have said this from day one , I cannot please everyone , but again this does not and will not change the way I do things.
As far as me given the option to a member to have me cancel their registration , it is just that , an option given to them in the case they don't like the action or actions taken by myself to keep the Forum on track.
I won't be spending a whole lot of time focusing on any particular issue at hand in terms of why it is we have taken action to address any one particular issue.
It is a judgement call , an I take full responsibility for any action or actions that I have taken an will continue to take if need be.
Again I realize many do not like the way I'm running the Forum , many see as a over control method of addressing matters that should be left handled by the members themselves , I fully understand where your coming from but this left unattended by myself in terms of the monitoring serves only to take away the proactive function of the Forum in it's ability to achieve it's goals.
This is CSAT a place to help each other with the sharing of info , assist each other as the CSAT title says Canadians Solders Assistance Team.
We are not sitting in a bar where you share info over drinks an say whatever it is that's on your mind , we are on an open public Forum , a Forum designed to function in a way that allows all viewers to benefit from what is written on the Forum.
There's always a balance that has to be taken into consideration in terms of the monitoring of this Forum , it's a balance of trying to respect all viewers , it is my duty to find that balance knowing full well that I cannot please everyone , that's fine by me because it's the help that matters the most , it's not the ones who think their freedom of speech have been taken away or the ones simply complaining when I take the action to address any one particular issue.
To spend countless hours in conflict among members serves no purpose , that is something you do in a bar , it is not what CSAT is about , in these situations when it looks like a topic is escalating into a argumentative format is where I will step in , like it or not , that is what I'm going to continue to do , I will uphold the integrity of the Forum even if some feel that it is not warranted.
If a members sole intention is to question the way in which I choose to do my duties as Forum Master , well this is where I will give the member the choice to have me cancel their registration , I am not going to have the Forum turn into a circus of confrontation between members or myself in terms of my actions to keep the Forum on track an to uphold the integrity of the Forum.
Further to this , I think it's unfair to judge me in a way that suggest I'm unfair in any way , I allow members open space on the Forum , I rarely step in to take action , I have explained in the Forum Rules what is is that must be followed , but none of this changes the fact that I have a job to do , and in for the most part it consist of having to make a judgement call when I feel it necessary to step in.
I will continue to make these judgement calls going forward , I will not be influenced by anyone to change my approach in this way.
The way I see it is that if ones sole intention is to challenge the way in which I run the Forum , they are better off asking me to cancel their registration because like I said , I'm not going to allow the Forum to turn into a circus of confrontations that only serves the purpose of arguing which takes away the main purpose of the Forum in helping each other out and sharing info.
It's all about the help , it's my job to ensure that the help is provided with limited interference.

With respect to Locking the Topic "Fraud & Disability" , myself and Bigrex take full responsibility for that , we stand by our action and will continue to step in when we feel it necessary to do so.

With respect to the other member in question who I have given the option to have me delete his or her account , the member stated in another topic "Book Review of Fraud and Disability by G.F. McCauley" by asking this ;

"Okay was I dreaming or has this post been censored? I thought I read many replies to this post. Some where very hot, not true, and did explain themselves fully. I wanted to respond to a point, but it's gone? Hmmm, did I take an extra pill and dreamed this?"

I answered with this ;

"Your not dreaming , we locked the original topic , you can still view the post you just can't post.

It is a few topics below this one."

Later on the same member posted this in this topic " Locked thread?"

"Locked thread?

Wow, so Army like. Now we are acting like VAC, Government, and little kids.

So what if the discussion gets heated or personal. If you write down something you believe in, defend yourself.

Everyone has a voice here, and an Opinion!!!! Gee, what's the name of this website... Hmmm voice?

Well we where just shut down and censored."

That is why I responded in the way I did.

Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 00:05

I couldn't have said it any better myself RCN .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next