Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Veterans Ombudsman

Go down

New Veterans Ombudsman Empty Yup

Post by Ex Member Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:07

Yeah, closer to a base would be much better!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

New Veterans Ombudsman Empty Re: New Veterans Ombudsman

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:48

Well, no surprise there. So far all that this "Guy" has done is sent the odd letter here and there, and then accepting whatever drivel the responder comes up with, as if that counts as an investigation. This last letter concerning the Col. Belcher evictions is prime example.

As far as the Rendezvous, I'm sure it was good time, but why didn't they organize it where more Veterans could attend, since the last time I checked, Niagera Falls isn't anywhere near any sort of military base, therefor the number of Veterans would be limited to those who grew up in that area and returned after their release. Now if they had held it closer to Ottawa, Halifax, Victoria, Gagetown, Bordon or any other large base, the numbers would have been significantly higher. I know in the Halifax region, you can't drive down the road without passing a car with Vets' plates on it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

New Veterans Ombudsman Empty New Veterans Ombudsman

Post by Ex Member Mon 11 Jul 2011, 08:51

Hey folks,
I met the new Ombudsman this past weekend! And guess what? I wasn't surprised to find out that he has no clue what is going on around him. He is an appointed position to fill the political gap! I stood there talking to him and he looked so perplexed that even my wife who knows nothing about the system nor the Ombudsman, noticed he looked confused! Lol, it was actually comical.
What was additionally funny was that Veterans Affairs attended the Rendevous as well as different organizations who conflicted so to speak with each other, but separated as well! Lol...poor turnout as well regarding Veterans. I can't see how we can rally as a team but not show up for important events! Anyway, don't count on the Ombudsman's office to assist as a mediator with different issues, because don't forget, the ombudsman is appointed by our famous leader, Mr. Harper

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

New Veterans Ombudsman Empty Re: New Veterans Ombudsman

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down