Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP LTD and PIA/Sup

+4
LawnBoy77777
Rifleman
1993firebird
jay23
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SISIP LTD and PIA/Sup - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP LTD and PIA/Sup

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 29 Aug 2016, 07:39

bigrex, not that simple. SISIP takes my CPPD despite Sun Life taking it. They know it is not fair but do it anyway. I even found another vet in the same boat being treated different. He gets SISIP + Sunn Life like me + CPPD but he only loses the value of CPPD, not twice the value (double deduction, Gasior v Bayes; Gignac). That is my ace up my sleeve for my suits. They are being stupid & not coordinating the clawback, in my case. In Nelson's case, Manulife takes the full value of the CPPD & Sun Life exercised discretion & did not mechanically follow the alleged contractual right to take it.

I read a case like that, Houle SCC, on abuse of contractual rights.

What you said reminds me of what Sun Life did. They increased their benefit when my Public Service pension went down BUT I discovered a problem:

My PS pension is supposedly: Lifetime pension + CPP Bridging = $1268 + $502 = $1,780.

However, Sun Life took $1,780 off in 2012 when I was awarded my PS pension & then took $1,268 off in 2014 whe CPPD was awarded.

I pointed out that is crazy.

If the PS pension is $1,268 in 2014, it was $1,268 in 2012. They took too much out from 2012 onwards. They cannot change their position. That is ESTOPPEL, in law. They are stuck with their position.

That is a fallback position. My main position is that CPPD is not allowed to be set off.

I can prove that categorically.

Have SISIP or VAC send a bill to CPPD after sending us the full amount of our benefit.

1. CPPD pays them and it makes no difference;

2. CPPD refuses & we have our answer if they can take something indirectly, through the back door, when the front door is locked by CPP Act s. 65(1) & CPP Act s. 65(1.1) & FAA s. 21 & FAA s. 67.

Even if they did the direct billing & got paid, I would only lose my CPPD value ONCE! After the early bird gets that worm, the next in line is told, "Sorry, someone else got there first. We have no money to send you."

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 29 Aug 2016, 00:36

Lawnboy, that is when you tell SISIP to recalculate your benefits for those months based on the new reduced amounts for your CF pension. Ultimately, even with having to pay back SISIP and the CF pension, your SISIP monthly benefit should not fall below the 75% mark, even with all the deductions.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sun 28 Aug 2016, 19:13

Firebird, it gets confusing doesn't it.

They can't take anything. Simpler, isn't it?

Out of all those you mentioned, the only Indemnity for loss you got was the Pension Act pension as it is based on an event that you get paid for to Compensate you for injury or loss.

Were you screwed by having to repay more than you got in CPPD?

I lost $25,000.

I spoke to another vet recently that lost $5,000 when they repaid $10,000 to SISIP & $5,000 to CF pension when they only got $10,000! Talk about a scam.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 22 Aug 2016, 19:11

I get CFSA , VAC ELB / SISIP LTD , VAC PIA / PIAS , VAC Disability Pension and CPPD. CFSA was clawbacked by CPPD , VAC ELB was clawed back by SISIP LTD and SISIP LTD was clawed back by CPPD.
What the hell did I just say? LOL

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 22 Aug 2016, 17:22

I called Vet Privacy coordinator today to try & get Privacy used as a way to get them to notice that they cannot take our property:

1. We have the right to Privacy:
2. Under the Pension Act pension, there was no need for VAC to know of CF pension or CPP;
3. Pensions are savings, akin to RRSPs, money saved until retirement;
4. CFSA s. 83 & s 83(c) + FAA s. 21 & s. 67 prohibit them from taking the CF pension but they ignore it. Similar laws for CPP;
Why does VAC need to know about the money I saved for retirement? It cannot take them, in common law. Do they want to look at what they cannot take into account? Are they masochists?

The agent said she will

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 17:15

Pinger, you are supposed to get:

DA + ELB + PIA + PIAS + CF pension + CPP with no set offs as most of these are bought

They lie when they say they can clawback

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 18 Aug 2016, 17:12

Aside from that sisip update form...

Paybacks are a bxxxh.
So with the various $ benefits I receive, contacted VaC to be certain there is ABSOLUTELY NO $ CONFLICT BETWEEN ANY (ALL) OF THEM.

Nothings going to bite me in the butt short of my memory. It ain't selective, it's just real bad.
Perhaps that's really the case with some horror stories akin to double-dipping?
Someone... can't think straight or a significant other is approved for something else?

And then it all goes to hell in a handbasket sooner... or later.

Just 2 cents...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 13:22

Might seem picky but I have Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (anal retentiveness, I like accuracy) & VAC does not pay "income." They pay DAMAGES in Tort, like the old Pension Act pension (Sarvanis SCC 2002). SISIP LTD, on the other hand, is not income either. It is insurance proceeds paid in contract based on the premium paid to underwrite the risk of disability. As such, it has to be tax free. Both, actually. I have a group for Tax Free benefits, check it out. I wrote 19 tax guides & prepared form letters.

PIA is an economic damage award to Compensate for loss of promotions & seniority (movement within a rank)
PIS is economic damages to Compensate for being unable to work (CPPD level disability)

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 29 Jun 2016, 21:16

I have never put my pla/supp down and never had a problem I'm with Propat on this one

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 20:41

no legally they are not suppose to deduct it .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by jay23 Wed 29 Jun 2016, 20:37

I'm not going to put it but really hope this does not come back to bite us, I'm guessing they are not legally required to deduct our PIA/Sup and if so I'm not going to worry or put it on the paperwork.

jay23
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 20:34

I give them nothing they don't need . had to do their job for them twice before so ill be fracked if I'm going to put down something they could frack up and start making deductions on just so I would have to go through months of BS just to straighten out their frack up .

boys if they don't need it I suggest you don't put it down right or wrong because all people are different and if you get an idiot doing your calculations well you just might wind up with idiotic calculations .

ya see I said they are not SUPPOSE to deduct them I said it that way for a reason . I sure as crap wasn't going to say they WILL NOT deduct them because with these guys ya just never know .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 20:08

Once or twice I left out my VAC income from the forms, they did not contact me about it.

The last one I did, I did include it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 29 Jun 2016, 19:55

I never told SISIP about my monthly VAC disability pension amount and I never will , that was the whole zero sum situation that I was in resulting in a Class Action Law Suit against SISIP neither will I tell them about my VAC PIA / PIAS allowance supplement. I will only tell them my CFSA and CPPD which they need to calculate my SISIP LTD benefit.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2016, 19:31

Listing of Monthly income, CPP/CPPD, CFSA, and other.

Yes you need to include the amount of income in the questionnaire, the PIA goes under (other) but don't concern yourself with the individual benefits, just include your Monthly income from VAC, so whatever your total is for VAC, that's what you put in. NOTE: I only include my pension portion of my VAC Monthly income.

No they will not deduct these incomes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next