Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Knowingly Being Wronged

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Veterans Knowingly Being Wronged Empty Re: Veterans Knowingly Being Wronged

Post by Dannypaj Wed 06 Jul 2016, 09:42

Being Honorably Medically 3b released was not an option for me.
Now I am in the hands of Veterans Affairs Canada for that simple fact.
Every day is a psychological guessing game.
Glad the mail service will be cut out. I dislike those dreaded brown envelopes that may make or break a Veterans family’s future.
Yours sincerely,
Now looking at my VAC account for info FFS.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 20:13

Injuries unfortunately do occur

Veterans Knowingly Being Wronged Aahs7i10
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 09:09

Lawyer is a dirty word for a politician.
They control the population and the money.  
We have no say.  
I can not afford, nor will it  be the way I will go about conducting my duty as a Veteran with the GOC.
I do not negotiate with lawyers or courts, in my opinion the Canadian court system is as good as a Kangaroo court system.  Veterans shouldn't be left guessing everyday if they will be denied or approved.
"even at that what job ya goona get that would be considered gainful employment ????", bang on buddy. Worked in a pretty sketchy place as a Commissionaire  and abused by the Public Servants (Have you been forced to open up doors for criminals to allow them to go out for a cigarette and not just once, but in the matter of an 8 hour shift maybe under a hundred times).
I am allowed to be upset of the treatment I have received so far.
Throw a broken soul into more chaos and confusion.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 07:04; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 06:55

ya bigrex I do understand your concerns I have the same one of a sort . not really enough info to make an accurate assessment of here situation at least one id be comfortable with .

no her gripe was not about the buyout but I really wish she would make it part of it . mine sure the frack is I can tell ya that .

like I said I'm only assuming she is in a desperate situation I'm thinking going public may support that people tend to do some pretty unconventional thing when panicked .

yup I does seem she gave no thought to TPI until THE DAY she got her ELB letter . was it the ELB thing that made her consider the TPI or was it the fact she is legally blind and can no longer drive ???? I'm guessing both but who knows . I know myself living no where near public transit someone yanking my licence would do it for me ELB letter or not kind of hard  to work if ya cant get their. even at that what job ya goona get that would be considered gainful employment ????

again not enough info .

heck she may have been denied TPI and is currently fighting that denial I'm assuming that's not the case but with so much left out its hard to tell for sure .

and yes buds I do understand she will still need to apply for benefits in order to get them regardless of PA or buyout . thing is (and ill say this as nicely as possible ) DVA and VRAB aint exactly perfect !!! she might get them on a good day and not have a problem that's great . but she might have years of fighting ahead of her .

that's the part I have actually seen the future . you can manage with the PA pension but with the buyout how do you pay a lawyer to fight for benefits you deserve when you cant pay  the bills you have ????

do you sell your home to do it if you still have one ????

PA guys can fight them . but buyout guys ???

ya its fracked !!!!

theycan deny any buyout guy for any reason they fracking well want right now bigrex they have cart blanch buds . ya see they know full well the vast majority of these guys CANT go to court aside from the pro bonos the GOC has a free for all .

ive seen it bigrex and I'm tellin you its fracked you would think the whole thing was designed with this in mind .

as for here case not a lot of info she may very well be doing the right thing going public and all don't seem right but still hard to say .

ill give ANYBODY the benefit of the doubt ONCE since she is a vet ill give her that much at least .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 05:43

JUST REPLACE THE WHOLE CCR SLOGAN WITH COMMON SENSE, PERIOD!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Jul 2016, 05:41

I am not a Servant and neither is this Man.  
GOC look at your laws and figure it out!  Being a dictatorship country is what is occurring here, except for the brutality of it (but that is done psychologically).
The GOC has the power to do what it wants, when it wants, with the flick of a pen or a send key on a keyboard.
The GOC is becoming a failure.
The PM is a fool.  The MVA is a mandate kind of man and my respect for them is nil.
Go cry me a river PM, while you listen to Metric.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/veteran-reserves-public-servant-patent-1.3660867
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Jul 2016, 23:12

I'm sorry Propat, I misread your post. to me it sounded almost as if you were chastising VAC and others, because we weren't outright supporting her. I agree that a PA would mitigate the situation. But her gripe wasn't about the lump sum vs the PA pension. It was about why she wasn't automatically approved EELB, PIA and PIAS, merely because she was assessed at over 100% disabled, and now legally blind, even though it doesn't appear as though she had any thoughts of being declared TPI, until her ELB was cancelled. But even if she was getting a PA pension, she would still be eligible for EELB, PIA and PIAS, but she would still have to apply for them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2016, 18:53

bigrex I did not say or imply in any way people said she wasn't in a desperate satiation or not deserving of it . fact is I don't really know myself for a fact if she is in a desperate situation or deserving but I'm assuming both .

nor was ANY of my post in reaction to or influenced in any way by any post in this thread with the exception of the very first one . I did not say nor do I believe anyone made a mistake YET .

NOR have I said she should jump line or I believe she should jump line .

my entire post was about PA pension VS buyout and the effects the buyout has on people like this .

why .

friends some living not to far down the road actually found I know for a fact were GETTING a bit desperate and I guarantee you were deserving were in a very similar situation .

and I'm telling you after in some cases years of fighting while taking on loans and racking up credit cards and given the back pay situations on these benefits those that won could not recover NOT EVEN CLOSE .

if they had the pension portion of the PA then the situation would have been completely different .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 04 Jul 2016, 14:09

I agree with johnny at 18:15 yesterday. You summed it up.

Not to overlook stuff, but who heck knows?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:01

Propat, nobody is saying that she isn't in a desperate situation, or that she is not deserving of the benefits, but she still has to apply for them, just like like everyone else getting the benefits had too. She can't just use the media attention to jump the line. EELB and PIAS, are strictly for those that are unable to work, so if she has been able to attend schooling up until recently, she would not have met the definition of TPI. Plain and simple. Nobody has made a mistake in this case. But if she feels that this change in her vision affects her ability to work, then she can request the TPI assessment, and then reapply for EELB and the PIA supp.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2016, 08:11

guys this is the crap I hate people in spots like this . this whole buyot crap has to end for this very reason .

what is her monthly income ??? what will she have to live on until or even if she can get the pile of paperwork the NVC added to the proses sorted out .

PIA is that all ? maybe a military pension witch likely aint much if she gets one . possibly CPPD but given her current paperwork situation not likely .

she is getting one of the above and I'm guessing two AT BEST .

that would leave her in a very desperate situation to say the least of course only because she was released in on or around 1012 .

what if that date was 2005 along with all of her pensionable conditions ??????

not that desperate I'm thinking .

ive seen a lot of this and seen this with them . ya think if she applies for TPI she gets it tomorrow ????

ive seen it take months and in some cases years if ever . ya think DVA doesn't frack up??? ya think VRAB will actually listen to medical reports ???? ya think VRAB will even make a correct ruling even after the supreme court says they fracked up the first series of rulings ????

boys she is in a desperate situation only because of events that took place in 2006 that were completely beyond her control .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 03 Jul 2016, 23:50

I agree Johnny. She seems to think that VAC should just give her the EELB, PIA ans PIAS, based solely on being over 100%, and now going blind. She very well may end up being entitled to all of them, but she still has to be deemed TPI, and apply for the benefits. But up until recently, she was well enough to have completed her retraining through Voc rehab, so she was obviously not TPI at that time, but things have changed since then.

But when Veterans go to the media, screaming foul at VAC, before even trying to get their benefits legitimately, in the hopes that public outcry will force VAC to skip the necessary hurdles, it could make VAC scrutinize their, and everyone's, claims more closely, denying some that would have otherwise been approved.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 03 Jul 2016, 18:15

Hi Danny. I was trying to make sense of Eve's case. I take it she is not TPI, as she had PIA, and not PIAS. Even though she is at 102%, she stated she was under the Voc Rehab. So I take it her 2 yr mark had come up, and VAC must have deemed she was able to return to work. And not being deemed TPI, she did not get EELB. And if she is now going blind, she will have to prove that was due to her service. I dont think her eyesight was part of the Voc Rehab. So there seems to be a few things missing. But it might just be me..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Veterans Knowingly Being Wronged Empty Submit a Complaint

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 03 Jul 2016, 07:33

LOOK AT THE BULL SHIT
Archived - Minister of Veterans Affairs affirms Government's commitment to Canada's Veterans and their families
Archived Content
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Archived
This page has been archived on the Web.

×Close overlay

The Honourable Erin O’Toole addresses the Rotary Club of Toronto

January 23, 2015 – Toronto – Veterans Affairs Canada

The Honourable Erin O’Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today delivered the keynote address at a Rotary Club of Toronto meeting focussed on care, compassion and respect for Canada’s Veterans.

The Minister thanked the Rotary Club of Toronto for its outstanding contributions to the Veteran community, and reaffirmed the Government of Canada’s commitment to improving the lives of Veterans and their families by strengthening mental health supports and helping those who have served in uniform transition to civilian life.

Earlier today Minister O’Toole also met with Veterans’ groups in Toronto to gain their perspectives on key issues facing Veterans and their families.

Quick facts
•As part of its commitment to Veterans and their families, the Government of Canada recently announced new mental health supports for Canadian Armed Forces personnel, Veterans and their families including the expansion of the network of operational stress injury clinics. By fall 2015, a new clinic will open in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the existing satellite office in the Greater Toronto Area will be expanded—along with several others.
•The network of operational stress injury clinics provides specialized assessment, diagnostic and treatment services for Veterans/CAF members with operational stress injuries.
•Additional staff will also join the Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS) services to meet the needs of the military community. This peer support program provides immediate assistance to members, Veterans and their families living with operational stress injuries.
•Rotary is made up of more than 34,000 clubs, with 1.2 million members. With its more than 250 members, including Veterans, the Rotary Club of Toronto is one of the largest clubs in Canada. The Rotary Club of Toronto supports programs to improve the quality of life for certain segments of the population in the urban community.
•During the 2011 Poppy Campaign, the Rotary Club of Toronto donated $5,000 to the Royal Canadian Legion to help cover the loss of three Remembrance Day money boxes that were stolen. Each year, the Club commemorates the achievements and sacrifices of Canada’s Veterans with a special luncheon.

Quotes

"The Rotary Club of Toronto has done an outstanding job raising awareness in the community of the remarkable achievements and contributions made by Canada's Veterans. I was honoured to address the Rotary Club of Toronto to talk about how to best meet the evolving needs of our Veterans and their families."
The Honourable Erin O’Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs

"We are honoured to welcome Minister O’Toole to our meeting today. We are grateful for his support and proud of being part of his continuous efforts to ensure that Veterans and their families get the support they need."
Steven Smith, President of the Rotary Club of Toronto

Just wanted to share that they are using the same CCR phrase (the Lieberals) as the Cons did.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next