Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 55 of 61 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 55 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 15:17

COD check their math. because these fracking guys don't got a fracking clue what they are doing. he was going through his math with his CM after he contacted CPP and SUPPERANUATION to find out what the initial deduction was . well guess what??? she told him they were deducting amounts higher than that . when he asked why she said they had to account for the COLA. now I went through this with him that morning so he told her right away they can only deduct the initial amount that's right in their policy . she disagreed but then could not find the policy . wow the policy you need right in front of you in order to do the calculations you cant find nor do you have any idea whats in it??? how the frack did you do the math then did ya just pull numbers and formulas out of your butt???

buds call SUPPERANUATION and CPPD and get the INITIAL amount's and then call SISIP and ask them what they are actually deducting . just like all of these fracking organizations lately if you don't do their job for them its gonna be done wrong .

get er done

propat

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 55 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:11

This from the cola court order dated July 03 2014;

The opt out date for any new class members added by virtue of this amendment shall be 60 days from the date that the defendant, through manulife financial, distributes the appropriate notice to the last known address on file for the class members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:54

From what I understand, and it ain't much as I can't get an answer from anyone in power, the COLA was a straight up math problem. So opting out might be a no.

But I would call SISIP and ask for a detailed explanation on the COLA and if you can opt out.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 55 Empty OPTING OUT OF COLA AGGREEMENT (is it still possible?)

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 03:20

I am seriously considering opting out of the cola agreement. If its still possible. My monthly benefit has been reduced by over $15.00 a month and the only explanation I can get is that the agreement allows Manulife to go back to 1995 and adjust the colas that they say were incorrectly applied. Saying some years, the colas they payed were less then they were supposed to use, and some years they payed  more then they were supposed to use. At days end  I lost money on this deal. It may be because my retro went back past 1995 I am not really sure if that's the case. Either way! The bottom line is I lost money from this Law firms actions, and from what I have seen posted here, other vets have also. My only conclusion to this outcome is that the Law firm has managed to carefully insert a deal that will get them some net profit at my, and other Vets expense. Please if anyone can enlighten me as to whats good about this agreement for all of us please reply. I will make some inquiries into the opting out option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:01

Navrat what the hell does that mean???
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 18:26

Don't want to see anymore apps and or 1198's.

They should just have the fees taken OFF, then send it right back to Manulife, and then have Manulife deposit it into our accounts.

Does that not sound logical ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 18:09

Well January is fast approaching, can anyone add any more info to the cola ?

The only two things that comes to mind is that payments will start this January ( supposedly )
And for whatever it's worth, last I spoke with MC, I was told that the payouts will be small compared to our retro, which is of no surprise, but was told without certainty that those with the longest years of retro, will benefit the most.
Has anyone else heard this ?

Curiosity is now starting to set in for me.

And what's up with all these fees ?
One would think that we already paid our fair share of fees.

Well, money is money I guess, will take whatever we can get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 14:17

Well explained COD, thanks for passing that on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:31

Hi everyone.  I also received a reduction in my monthly benefit of over 15 bucks. I called Manulife and Mcinnes cooper. Talked with Dan Wallace he said talk to Manulife. Talked to Manulife case worker and was told they had to go back over all the claims years and found out some years they payed more COLA then they were required to by the settlements guidelines. So they have adjusted everyones claims stating that some years they payed more and some they payed less! So they have adjusted everyones benefits according to the COLA settlement guidelines. However this does not affect the retro payments you may receive next year . Some may benefit by quite a bit , it all depends on how far back your retro went. HOWEVER MCinnes Cooper will still get they're lawyers fees on next years retro.  I have a feeling that I just got screwed by this part of the settlement and MC will still get some Fees on a small amount of retro I may receive. What a wonderful Law firm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 15:21

A little bit of UFI for all the Troops ....... in 2015 as it stands this month , we will only receive a .... 1 % increase , even though INFLATION is up about 4-5 % , & the National COLA according to the Consumer Price Index is at a FLAT 2 % this month , but as every other year , Mr. Harper dro[ps the price of gas Oct to Dec. & drops the COLA in 2015 to about 0.9 %

Then in January he will raise the price of gas to $ 1.38 again , nice guy .......

It keeps his COLA down each January though ..... Keeping 2/3 's of this country in the POOR HOUSE .... at 65 yrs. & older ....

Food for thought ,

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave
family of ........7........

Will the New Minister of VAC Help ??????????????????????????
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 17:47

Hard to believe your in a Dog House Teen, like WTF is wrong with these people that want to help veterans lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:29

ok thanks, now will this new tax rate be based on our income tax from 2013 in any way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:27

so what about the new taxes on SISIP benefits? I received a letter form Manulife today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:00

Nav I'm no longer in the loop with the lawfirm...seems our lead plaintiff had a problem with me arguing over the lawyer fees as did the lead lawyer.

From what I have found out and will try to dig up some more info from other sources is this...

The changes in this month's LTD was an "adjustment" to our LTD. It had nothing to do with the COLA.

The COLA payments do not start until January 2015 for those who will get it. And before you ask I will try to get an interpretation to English who will and will not get COLA adjustments.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 05 Jul 2014, 04:06

Well, really these lawyers are set to make more millions on the backs of the veteran that has been disadvantaged by our own government. Personally I do not feel these bloodsucking legal team has earned a dime, they have not been fourth coming with any information or explanation on the last huge payday they had. Most of us have lost more than 50% of what was stolen from us to absorbant legal fees and again our government sucking as much back as possible. The law really has to be blind if this judge sees it that Driscoll and his group have actually earned the last payout. They dropped all of us like a hot rock, even though many of us tried to find clarity to the proceedings. They just did not care to take the time to explain things such that one did not have to go out and hire another lawyer just to decipher the court order. To me it is all but tempting to be one of 10 that writes to the court disagreeing with the order just so Driscoll does not get another dime. I am so tired of being screwed by all these do-gooders that say they are looking out for us. Now twice as many veterans will be stuck in the web to pay these guys more money. Extremely disappointed in the conduct of our so called legal team and the fact that they have not taken time to explain things better and to offer assistance to those that could really of used it over the course of the last year.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 61 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61  Next