Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 59 of 61 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 59 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:48

If someone told me, it means that while SIISP was taking "hypothetically" 0.9 % off our gross retro when in fact should have taken that Cost of Living Adjustment from the net amount and that MC has found out and want to recoup that cost for us and a little for them then I would understand it, however I know it to be even more involved than that, just saying this is a language I understand lol. "HYPOTHETICALLY TROOPS" I need no bigger arse lol.

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 59 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:42

It means that 10 people will not receive any extra cash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:41

I am not surprised at all after all another useless tidbit that needs a clerk to translate and even after that I am expecting an oops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:38

Well one thing is for certain, if it is court approved we will be getting a little extra cash.

I think I will bypass the amount given to me when filling my taxes in the year that I receive it.
This will be and error on my part, I think I am entitled to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:28

Called someone of the Firm who said she would ask M. Wallace for answers!
So waiting, I will share the results here.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 29 Apr 2014, 17:02

I though the same thing as you K9
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 59 Empty SISIP COLA RETRO

Post by K9 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 15:02

http://leavenovetbehind.com

If anyone understand it completly, please say so!

How do you want us to agree on something explained this way?
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 21:27

Previous to the proposed court order at 74% of our net salaries on release, were we not covered at 75% for LTD.

Has the contract changed?

Or,

would this court order amount of 74% only be used for calculating the offset for settlement purposes, not changing the current contract of coverage at 75%.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:54

And maybe the APP AS WELL !!! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:47

Interesting read, so our legal team has figured out a way to get more money from us. I would be ok with this but why should they receive anything for legal and admin fees from the time the class action was settled to now? They are now sent to take 8% plus fees on any COLA from LTD payments even after everything was settled and SISSIP started paying us again. There fees should only be on any COLA we would have gotten up until the original settlement end. They received no legal fees from money we have been receiving so why should they be entitled to any COLA from funds we have been receiving monthly from SISSIP? Just cannot wrap myself around my family continue to lose while the legal team keep lining their pockets and the GOC taking 50 cents on the dollar back in taxes.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:52

Sorry everyone but the sun was out and I did some yardwork today. I have to be honest I don't understand legal-ease talk so if someone is good with Dan Wallace maybe he can give us the English/French blue collar explanation.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:34

I don't understand what this all is? Can someone explain it to me in simple terms...

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 28 Apr 2014, 15:37

Doe anyone understand the Preliminary Notice? What a MESS............ How do they what us to understand what they are proposing here....... ?

All Class Members will receive 74% of the amount that they would have received if their Cost of Living Allowance increase was calculated as an aggregate increase (capped at a maximum increase in benefits of 2% per year) from the date the benefit commenced.

All Class Members released on or after December 1, 1999 will receive 74% of the
amount that they would have received if their Cost of Living Allowance increase was
applied to their gross long term disability benefit before offsets, rather than their net
long term disability benefit after offsets.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 28 Apr 2014, 12:16

Hey I'm happy to Sapper but just don't want people to think it's all over and a check is in the mail.

CHIMO!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:23

Yes Teen...you are correct. But its something...agreed by both parties to boot!!
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 61 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next