Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPI Delay

5 posters

Go down

TPI Delay Empty Re: TPI Delay

Post by pinger Mon 12 Sep 2016, 17:48

Not too very sure about that CM opinion poll. But remember something... this site is a public domain.

Hey panser, you mentioned earlier... " even sent a message to my case manager which I regret because now it feels like I am being pushy. "

The different degree's of pushy I can very well imagine.
However, don't ever regret being pro-active for yourself or your approach to VaC.

VaC works for us PERIOD !
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 07 Sep 2016, 20:26

I think the problem with that is you don't get a lot of choice when it comes to a CM and where as a doctor can have a thousand patients a case manager only has 5% of that number. Doesn't allow for a widespread.

If rating my CM Catherine Brown, I would give an 85/100.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 18:48

czerv wrote:Just thinking outloud: why don't we have a place to evaluate our CMs?
There are web sites that one can evaluate a doctor / hospital, etc.
Maybe we could have one here?
Cheers

Do it up! I'd be all over it.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 07 Sep 2016, 18:39

Just thinking outloud: why don't we have a place to evaluate our CMs?
There are web sites that one can evaluate a doctor / hospital, etc.
Maybe we could have one here?
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 07 Sep 2016, 18:19

My case manager has been good from what I could tell. TPI was her suggestion. Other than that I haven't really had to use her for anything.

Does feel like she goes on vacation a lot though, making it hard to reach her.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 17:15

I haven't made CPP contributions in over 6 years... don't think I'd qualify.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 16:56

Hi you 2. Sounds like my story. My CM sucked, and when I would call she would loose my docs, and not remember what I asked her the call before. She was way overworked at the time. After I was too fracked mentally to return to work, she went on about doing another assessment, after I already did several. But then someone on here told me to apply for CPPD. I got my psyc and family dr to fill out the forms. Sent them in, and did not tell CM I did this. 3 mths later I got approved.
I then called her and said, if I have CPPD, and cannot return to work, would that help get TPI approval. She said it would, and asked me to send her the approval letter. 2 weeks later I got approved TPI. Total bs, the round about way. There was no need for all this crap, but in the end it worked. When one is mentally and physically fracked, that process is very hard. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 14:49

I'm not sure about TPI being backdated, it's not a benefit. I know that PIA/S can be dated back a year. I'm in the same boat with my CM... I'm in the process of getting TPI, I asked to switch CM's bc mine is off the ball. The Case Manager leader is on vacation until Sept 10, and my CM is filling in for him :S
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

TPI Delay Empty TPI Delay

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 07 Sep 2016, 14:31

I'm not even sure where to begin but my case manager is out of the office until September 20th. I had a interdisciplinary meeting for my TPI designation on the 17th of Augusts where they're decided that I needed two things. The two things were an OT report and a med review done by my psychiatrist. I don't understand why they would want a medication review by my psychiatrist. It scares me into thinking they are going to alter my meds which I have spent years perfecting and trying stuff that just did not work or had severe side effects.

This makes me believe they are going to postpone the TPI designation until I "stabilize" on new medication.

My question is, can I backdate my TPI to the first meeting in August or am I shit out of luck until they have all the required documentation. It just feels like they are delaying me for no apparent reason.

When I moved I had my three month supply of meds run out while waiting to get in to see a psychiatrist. Spent a month pulled and I almost ruined my marriage with how bad things became.

Long story short is there anything I can do? I tried calling. To have the Ned review not be required, even sent a message to my case manager which I regret because now it feels like I am being pushy. I am just worried and rambling...

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down