Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6 Empty Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

Post by Ex Member Mon 10 Oct 2016, 21:41

Anyone hear anything comeout of the Oct 5-6 meeting in Ottawa?

I don't see anything in the news yet, is it top secret?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6 Empty Re: Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 23:47

always is buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6 Empty Re: Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 00:19

Sad, we don't get a vote/voice or chose a direction some may want to go in these matters.

The VA in the States has taken to some what of a vote or at least you can chose what plan to keep or change to. Maybe it's not the exact same problems we have vrs the States but they are making changes geared toward the Veterans

https://votesmart.org/public-statement/1085408/reforming-the-va#.V_xj-YZfPv4

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Oct 2016, 03:51

Other then what we get from VVice it is going to be hard to find anything about the meeting. Hell Hehr won't even hand out a list of the organizations, charities, health researchers and whoever else he ran into over his summer tour that he invited.

But there was about 150 or so people so yeah they want to keep it a secret they attended a VAC Stakeholder Meeting....especially those who aren't even veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 11 Oct 2016, 09:02

Gents, this is a crazy idea but I would not mind sending a letter of concern to the Queen re: treatment of veterans in Canada. I do not have the writing skills to pen it, but if there would be a nice template available I would send it.  That would create some embarassment for the Libs and VAC and maybe stir some sh**.  News would love it too.
That would be nice before our next big national 'We support our veterans' celebrations.
Any suggestions?
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:23

Hmmmm, regarding above topic. Lettter tot the Queen, I had thought about that before, penning a letter and handing in my scroll signed by the queen as a protest.

I think like that, any others agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:34

I suggest you start with the Queens representative....The Governor General
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:39

True, in someways. The proper way, yes. But all they will do is try to talk
Me out of it and more of a delay.

But sound advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Oct 2016, 13:01

I agree steelgunner but that is the protical, or so I have been told in the past.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 14:20

In my research you can mail the Queen a letter and CC Governor of Canada.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA
United Kingdom

But I think I would get this type of standard/answer back in a form letter see link below.

I could not copy letter.

http://elizabethmaymp.ca/wp-content/uploads/reply-from-queen.pdf.pdf?4ae1cf

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Oct 2016, 14:29

Well she has been described as the Queen who has balanced politics and head of the Commonwealth.

There is a series coming up on Netflix about her life and challenges of being the queen. My wife loves this kind of stuff so I guess I'll be watching with her. Only thing I don't like about Netflix...can't use the picture in picture to watch a ballgame or hockey. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 11 Oct 2016, 15:59

I think that if her office would got a couple of thousand of those, that would stir the pot.
GG could be ccd on it as well as some media outlets.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 11 Oct 2016, 19:25

czerv. That ain't no crazy idea, that's thinking outside the box my friend.

A petition with names comes to my mind.
But how does one get all peeved off WW2 to current vets, including ALL the organizations to consolidate. Very difficult. But perhaps it can take less... to the right recipient if done smartly?

The Queen, the GGoC, ... and don't forget Prince Harry.

JMO, but it should not neccessarily be against the Liberals, but the prior Conservatives as well.
To show the trend (that's an understatement!) ... and if the good inroads are mentioned WITH the bad ones, it may be read as unbiased and much more seriously as it should be.

Just a thought.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 06:57

ya steelgunner I'm thinking yes you would almost defiantly get the standard response letter as you noted . however that doesn't mean your actions will have no effect . moast if not every letter politicians receive does have some effect and the politician would defiantly end up seeing that letter .

ya see to a politician public opinion means everything and letters are THEE best and most accurate way to determine what that is . with enough letters , and it doesn't take many , politicians DO act .they act in one of two ways . fix the problem or through BS rhetoric and slight of hand try to show they fixed the problem or show it isn't a problem at all .

problem is you are a vet and they don't consider that public opinion but just vet opinion so to speak and the BS to fix that and solidify public opinion is currently out their and being conducted as we speak .

the greatest effect this action can have if you wright here in simple terms as the Canadian public will immediately understand and be upset by AND the letter gets picked up by the press given wide distribution . because after all the GOC bs thus far if the general public starts righting in to show their displeasure they will be forced to either increase the BS half measures and rhetoric or actually fix the problem .

worst case scenario you will be helping show the politicians that vets opinions have NOT changed after all the dog and ponies , half measures and BS. WEE ARE STILL PEED OFF !!!!

jmo

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:28

If you really want to get some action send an email to MVA Kent Hehr.

In the email tell him you are a non-affiliated veteran and would like to know the organizations from charities to medical researchers to out right veteran organizations of the 150 people that attended the VAC Stakeholder Summit on Oct 5/6, 2016.

Explain you want to research each group so you connect with right one. It might be a charity or a veteran organization. But you need to know who to research by they put on their website from the Summit.

I'm betting a dollar for a doughnut that you get the most spectacular response without telling you who was at the Summit.

You then contact CBC, CTV, Global, The Toronto Star, Sun Newspaper that you tried to get info about the Summit but Minister Hehr would not give you the info and you don't know why?

THAT will get you better results then writing the Queen or the GG. I'm a veteran so I'm a stakeholder but the Minister is to secretive about it....Why?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next