Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+6
chillier76
bigrex
sailor964
pteadams2002
Brasidas
meteck
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by chillier76 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:00

i was told by the ombudsmans office this morning that the SISIP is still in limbo with the treasury board but has a date of 18 oct to address the issue. i think its safe to assume that VAC won't make a move until the final outcome of that is solidified. blaney did publicly state the elb settlement would follow suit of the SISIP, and so far that has been true. let's remember we're dealing with the government and large sum of money with thousands of people involved. things aren't going to move very quickly. it's a tough pill to swallow given that they were so quick to steal the money from us and now we have to wait, but I guess it's par for the course. this needs some media attention desperately.

chillier76
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:55

I have heard at the legion that vac is cracking down on elb and everyone last night I talked to doubts anything is happening but I heard the legion and CVA are getting some good responses from the government regarding the age 65 sisip and elb cut off, so who really knows

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:49

I was told this morning from jose mcgiver from veterans affairs that no action has been taken on from veterans affairs,,repeat.NOTHING...someone is full of it.

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:10

Well, nothing is official, but we've been told the request has been sent to the TB, for the funds, and that is where it sits now. I for one think that they are merely waiting until the SISIP retro payments are all made, and will use the back drop of some ceremony leading up to Remembrance Day to make the announcement so they can use the gathered Veterans as a photo op , and the actual payment will be deposited at the end of November
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by chillier76 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 08:50

Does anyone have any insight when they will be paying back the money they STOLE from us? I mean ending the ELB CLawback is great, but what about the money they illegally took from us over the years, why are they dragging their eff'ing feet on this?

chillier76
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 23 Sep 2013, 19:22

On elb I was given 3 months to find a job, then extended for 3 months. Then found a job and have been topped up for almost a year. The job will be full time by September of next year, so I can only hope elb top up doesn't end before then. I haven't been given a termination date, yet.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 23 Sep 2013, 16:56

brasidas might I ask what program continues to top you up.elb or income support. and how long has this been happening for. the whole 3 month thing after youre done with the bs like resume writing class etc is a guideline but under no illusions do I believe it to be true that once done school whatever job I get will be topped up by the va..no chance long term.I cant just tell you where I aquire this info that would make me a snitch but I suggest you read the pdf file on both income support and the elb program to be sure..lets hope your right and im wrong..ide sleep better if I wasn't worried that by this time 2 years from today I WILL be off the elb program,,

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:39

Who is the "very good authority", and which psychic, or crystal ball is everyone using to see the future with such certainty. Please advise, because I have done everything I was told to do by VA, going to school accepting a part time crap job and still continue to get topped up. I wasn't just cut off 3 months after school finished like the date said.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 21 Sep 2013, 16:28

I agree with Meteck. The only way that you will continue getting ELB is if it is deemed that you are too ill to partake in retraining, or unable to work. If you feel this is your situation, talk to your CM and ask for a functionality assessment if you haven't had one done before, or even recently. This is a very thorough testing done by an OT, who will assess things like hand eye coordination, lifting limitations, mobility limitations, basically everything that will affect a work environment, including how long you can sit in one place. Once the testing is completed, they will describe what type of jobs you are suited for and how many hours you can work. When I had mine done, she told VAC that I was limited to working 1-2 hrs per week, so VAC put me on ELB until 65 right away, since no employer is going to hire someone with such limitations.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty IMPORTANT ELB INFO

Post by meteck Sat 21 Sep 2013, 16:01

I have it on very good authority that starting this year the vac will begin clearing cases of elb that have been ongoing for too long ..this year they are looking over all cases from 2006.if you started elb in 2006 and have not yet started the school process they will be looking to either move you quickly into school or you will be cut off the program..next year 2014 they will be looking at all from 2007 starts..thats when I started on elb and I was told that its lucky I am going to finish school by 2014s end or I would need an extension..they ARE NOT BEING KIND HERE !!! they want to start to whittle out those who collect benefits but have not started the school portion of the process..don't say you were not warned..any of you this affects best be talking to your case manager about staying on the program..i know for sure I wont be longer than 3 months after my schooling is done to be working or ill be applying for income support..by the way I have the file on income support program and its Hard to be accepted so im doing what I need to to pay off my debt and shit while im getting a quality paycheck,,it WILL END..good luck

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:18

Unfortunately sometimes it feels like there out to save money by taking away the benefit. Not that i don't blame them they have to cut corners but i feel there is a lot of pressure on these case managers to save money no matter what.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:45

To Sailor,
Your benefit, ELB will run out at age 65, then there are other programs you are entitle to!! My husband is 68 not eligible for ELB anymore but do receive an another benefit!! I'm 50 and I do receive ELB...Shame that most of all people don't know about the programs out there!!! I wish I could go around and transmit what we know!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 08:41

I have been on the ELB since Nov 2006. My case manager in 2011 came to see me regarding my disabilities and it was decided to put me on Rehab right away. Took 5 years for them to realize it. Another chap came to see me regarding potential work in the future. I had no choice but to listen or it would be considered non compliance to the rules governing benefits. This fellow was from CanVet. By the time rehab was done which took almost a year i can still only do half days. Medications i'm on wouldn't allow me to drive or even think properly. So now i'm submitting resume's and can only do half days. I'm 55, not a lot of opportunities for my age group at this point. Jobs are scarce and can only perform certain jobs. It was a college course I took which was 1 year in length. So far any reaction i receive for employment is "were not hiring at this time, we will hold your file for future considerations". Your right, they are assuming everyone who follows there path is a success story. My worry is when will the benefit run out.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 15:20

Thanks Meteck for the update. I too had to file a complaint with the Ombudsmans office regarding March of Dimes/VocEast Rehab. I paid for two years of college and waited almost 2 years for reimbursement even with the Ombudsmans help. I had to keep calling the office to get them to follow up on the complaint. Interest on my credit card were never reimbursed. Glad the whole ordeal is over. I'm now putting myself through university. You can't make a living on a college diploma.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Wed 18 Sep 2013, 17:11

That's interesting to hear. So you had the same trouble with March of Dimes. I went through a lot to lodge a complaint against them and was told by the Ombudsmans office it was all my fault. They acted like I was incharge of everything March of Dimes did, as if I had any say in what I went to school for, or job I wanted after school. There was never and choice given either do what they say or get nothing. I'm suppose to act impressed they had me work towards landing the exact same job I did before I went to basic. I'm doing the exact job I was doing at age 15 and they treated the situation as a success.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next