Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+7
sailor964
Teentitan
meteck
chillier76
bigrex
Brasidas
jack22
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by pteadams2002 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 22:20

Thank-you.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-05

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:58

Thanks for the info Teen much appreciated

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:36

Sailor I know Guy and his staff. I have worked with them for years now to get answers for vets in distress or a policy I find confusing. They have also asked my opinion on many topics so when I have said in the past that the OVO is hard at work I'm not kidding.

I have had other advocates say I have "drank the kool-aid" but that is their opinion. They have never lied to me and to those who do not want to believe it Guy Parent has done more for veterans then Pat Stogran did. Pat was a rush in and stomp on kind of Ombudsman whereas Guy is a stand back, look at the situation and fight the bureaucracy with the greatest weapon...paperwork with proof.

Proof like:
VRAB and the weird language. He had 3 papers written up with proof the system does not work and gives suggestions to fix it. Everyone is says that's the wrong approach. Well in a few years Guy or the next Ombudsman can pick up the old reports and look at VRAB and say you haven't fixed the problem with what you have done and now the fight to change is on.

NVC no one has done what should have been done back in 2005...a feckn' actuarial! Numbers, facts, shortcomings. What did Guy's actuarial prove? That right now out of the 1800 vets on ELB if they all turn 65 tomorrow 500 of them will be living below the poverty line! Pretty good proof the NVC blows wouldn't you say?

NVC Benefits Navigator: created by one of the OVO's senior advisors on his own time. Guy told him to run with it and look how it ran. A lot of people do not know this but within 1 year of VAC being briefed about the Benefit's Navigator they took it over, polished it up, added external links and had it online for the NCCN and VAC Case Managers. Yes it is restrictive for a veteran but if you look at the benefits that are available to you after you fill in the blanks it gives you a solid footing to talk to your CM about benefits for you or your spouse.

Long way of saying everyone has their own perception of the Ombudsman and they are entitled to it. As an advocate I see what the office is doing and trust me Guy and his staff always ask about the ELB retro. Everytime I talk to someone on Fantino's staff I tell them the #1 priority is put the Memo to Cabinet and get the ELB retro in the hands of the vets NOW.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:13

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:11

Thank you for this information. It sounds promising teen. The forum on this issue has been so hush hush lately.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:43

A Message from the Ombudsman Guy Parent about ELB Retro....

Update: Earnings Loss Benefit

Ottawa – November 18, 2013

Many of you have contacted my Office recently concerning Earnings Loss Benefit for Veterans who are under the New Veterans Charter. I know from your calls that some of you think that my office has not been pursuing this issue with enough vigour, so let me tell you what we have done.

As you know, on April 4, 2013, the Federal Court approved how past SISIP Long Term Disability (LTD) clawback amounts are to be refunded retroactive to June 1, 1976. This was followed on May 9, 2013, with a news release by the Honourable Peter MacKay, then-Minister of National Defence, and the Honourable Steven Blaney, then-Minister of Veterans Affairs, announcing that the Government of Canada would not be appealing the Federal Court's May 1, 2012 decision regarding the offset of Pension Act disability benefits from the SISIP LTD income support benefit. In the same news release, the Honourable Steven Blaney stated: “I am happy to announce that our Government is taking action to harmonize our disability benefits at Veterans Affairs to reflect the planned changes to SISIP.”

Since I first blogged on this issue on July 13, 2012, my team and I have never stopped pursuing this issue on your behalf with Veterans Affairs Canada. In fact, we have emphasized the need to address the issue on many occasions. Particularly, we have emphasized the importance for the Department to keep you in the loop about what it intends to do concerning Earnings Loss Benefit harmonization for New Veterans Charter Veterans.

I believe that it is only fair for Veterans Affairs Canada to be upfront with you on this matter. You need to know if the answer is ‘yes’ or ‘no’. If it is ‘no’, why is it ‘no’ for Veterans under the New Veterans Charter, but not for Veterans under SISIP LTD?

As Christmas approaches, your calls and emails to my office are increasing on this issue. I understand the importance to you of getting a clear answer on this matter as quickly as possible and I want to assure you that my team and I will continue our efforts to keep moving this forward.

The week before Veterans’ Week, I spoke about this matter with Minister Fantino. I thank the Minister for taking the time to listen to my concern on your behalf. I want you to know that I am following up with his officials to ensure that your position is understood and that your voice is heard.

In the interest of fairness, this issue needs to be resolved quickly...and it needs to be resolved in your favour.

One Veteran.

Guy
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 02:47

I love it, I am wondering if it comes in a airborne maroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 02:02

Well Navster, I just finished your kilt quilt! ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 ManinQuilt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:49

I am counting on Sparrow to knit quilts to raise money for my CRA bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:48

True, lol, I guess I can always sell NAVRAT for MAYOR buttons or something, I feel the Tax Man cometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:40

Don't sell that Nav, it comes in handy when telemarketers call. Nothing says stop calling better than bleeding eardrums.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:04

Big game this weekend , tiger-cat vs Argos , got to head down to the bookies , wish me luck, if that doesn't work, I am selling my bosuns call from the navy, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:02

Mayor Rob Ford is looking hire a few assistants, lol, any takers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 00:56

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 This_is_our_retirement_plan_bums_panhandlers_cards-ra06416ca11a1418b86592b2908c0b1b5_xvuak_8byvr_324

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 00:55

True

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next