Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
meteck
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Post by meteck Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:06

dear guest..heres a tidbit for you..when I got on elb in 2006 they were looking to fill up the program..it took,6 years to finally go to college and another 2.5 doing it..ill be off the books in jan 2015 come hell or highwater..my advice to you is this..don't lollygag and don't rely on the march of dimes to do anything for you..they suck #@$. period..but now they want you on a sliding scale that has a completion date attached the day you start..remember whatever you decide to persue don't be swayed into some 6 month bs program..you have 2 years of college at your disposal..push for everything you can get and again don't rely on mod to do anything but monitor your progress..keep your head up

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by BinRat Mon 21 Jul 2014, 22:37

Well hope you have a good CM, mine wouldn't Look at seeing if I was TPI, and they wouldn't do the PIA.. though I asked them on their 1st home visit

Vac was sending me to everywhere, they wouldn't accept I couldn't work, though I have
both knee's are bad, both hips, lower back, right shoulder, and chronic major depression..

After a falling out with my Cm, cause it got to a point I told him to stick the Voc Rehab because I was more frustrated and loosing my insanity with my Cm and program, so to save myself, I said enough, though I was ticked when I replied to my CM email..

But Heck since that day, I haven't heard crap from VAC in a couple years now, so you then become a forgotten number in there system...

So if ya get a good CM you can be set, get a bad one, and your in for nightmares... headaches and added frustration..
Cause I can say with certainty I'll never get a check up call from VAC...

But Best of luck with the rehab prg...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 22:33

Thanks for the help. Keep up the great work everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 20:54

Pm me Pocketwatch. I live close to you and work for Veteran Affairs Canada. This is probably a miss understanding. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 20:39

I was told that I could do computer/telemarketing work by the OT. So now I have to find a job in that field that pays 66.6 percent of my release salary their definition of meaningful employment. It's a nightmare and I wish I never applied for it since my pension act pension was already at 100 percent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 20:22

J'ai une question: Est-ce qu' il y a un recours collectif présentement pour ELB RETRO?????? Merci pour votre réponse. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 20:00

Thanks again appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 19:56

dayzee within the rehab program their is voc rehab physical rehab psychological rehab and so on . yup their is a lot of stuff under the rehab program you may need one of them all of them ore somewhere in between. this is what will be discussed. if you can still work sure voc rehab but what program you qualify for is best for you ie; what do you want to do for a living??? if you can no longer work you will not get voc rehab as it would be a waste of time and money to put ypu on it. while on the rehab program you will be eligible to collect ELB. if you are on ELB and can no longer work you will be entitled to apply for PIA and supplement.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 19:54

Thank you BRex, I was getting nervous after reading pocketwatch's post kind of felt like the mob was coming over to my house lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jul 2014, 19:52

The rehab program is quite elaborate, and Voc rehab is only one element. When your CM visits, and if you say that you have difficulty working, they will indeed send you for an assessment with an Occupational Therapist, to assess your ability to work. While your CM is there, they should also start the application for ELB and PIA, since being approved for the rehab program is the first step for both of those benefits. Then, if deemed TPI (totally and permanently impaired) by the OT, the ELB is continued until 65, and if approved for PIA, you can then apply for the PIA supp, which also compensates for lost earnings.

The rehab program itself will pay for such things like certain medical treatments and counseling, as well as other psycho-social programs.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 16:01

Thanks I am not on ltd and have nothing to do with sisip. . I thought this program also helped with other benefits not just rehab training. I guess I will see what the CM says when she comes to my house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 14:44

They will assess your ability to work. You will then be sent to a private agency that will assess your overall ability to work. If you don't comply they threaten to withhold your pension from VAC . If you are on Sisip ltd they contact Sisip and work together to get you employed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 14:35

propat, maybe I have the wording wrong. I thought the lady said voc rehab. Is there a voc rehab and also a rehab program separately? I was sent a disclosure form to day for release of info for elb so I really am confused now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 14:09

well I was never approved VOC rehab I was approved for the rehab program and what they did when they came to visit was to come up with a rehab plan.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:12

I was approved Voc Rehab today through DVA. They are coming to my home to explain the program. What happens next? Can anyone give me an idea what the CM is going to explain to me so I have an idea in advance. TYIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next