Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
meteck
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 6 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by meteck Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:41

im sure the omnibus bill that just passed has some of this in it....

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:40

does anyone know what 10% is when getting as payout with the nvc...I have an appeal in for my ear loss of hearing ,,they gave me a pittance...now we are discussing 10%,,how much is that?,,,i know one my monthly pension 10 % is app 275 a month...

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:29

The report wants Fantino to table a bill by 30 Jan 2015 for the HoC to vote on. But recommendations from reports are just that...recommendations.

And that bill better go thru the HoC and the Senate like the NVC went thru in 2005/6...like shyte thru a goose! No debate's just yes votes
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:23

if they want it to go to 85 % when would this be implemented? or is this just another wonderful wish list that has zero hope of happening,,that stat on kids and spouses on the old va really threw me for a loop...that's 30 % of my entire pension cheque each month..my clothing allowance alone is only 25 a monthbut over 10 years is 2500 dollars..thats how much ive received so far..at my age I have 7500 left to collect,,just for my brace!!!.the nvc is really squeezing vets from all angles isn't it,,,,and ive been told I could cash in my pension for an annuity..do the j g wentworth experience.....5 years of pension up front .....hmmm,,,,

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 23:00

Well they conveniently didn't address the fact that you only get two years of college paid for, because some jerk-off in Ottawa decided it was ok for vets to only make 66 and 2/3% of their gross monthly salary from when we served.

These people really think they know what they are doing. They are all just a bunch of hacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 22:40

RECOMMENDATION 4
That the earnings loss benefit be non-taxable and set at 85% of net
income, up to a net income threshold of $70,000, that it be adjusted
annually to the consumer price index, and that for veterans who
participate in a rehabilitation program, the disability award be paid
once the program is completed.

What the hell are they saying here? Wouldn't this mean that soldiers on the low end of the pay scale may not actually get the current $42,000 and change that ELB pays now?

And are they saying that you would only get your disability award (lump sum) once you complete a rehab program?

If I understand correctly the clowns are gonna make things worse in this department.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 22:32

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=853249

The New Veterans Charter: Moving Forward

This is what the clowns in Ottawa in all their infinite wisdom have come up for recommendations for changes to the NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 03 Jun 2014, 22:11

Meteck, you are correct about the lump sum. If you take into account the spousal and child amounts, the clothing allowance, and attendance allowance (which is also not provided under the NVC), the lump sum, if taken in monthly payments, lasts half as long. If I divided the amount equal to the percentage of my PA pension and disability awards combined, by what I get under the PA,  with the additional benefits, it only equals to just over 5 years of payments. I don't count the ELB, PIA or supp, since all VAC clients are now eligible to get those benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 21:36

Exactly Meteck, the gov stripped the benefits to veterans and their families. Unless like us you are lucky enough to have a claim under the PA. Two classes of veterans have been created. It's so wrong.

If your kids receive a pension under the PA when they turn 18 as long as they stay in school to age 24 I believe. My kid opted for time off after high school, so she lost out, but if she returns to school she'd be eligible again.

Bruce Moncur's case is a classic example of the GOC not looking after vets, as you know Bruce received 10% after a brain injury in the Stan that required 5% of his brain being removed, $29 grand and change they gave him for a life-time pain and suffering, al the while claiming that the NVC doesn't create dependency, which is what they claim the PA did. I find it mind-boggling that the made all these changes apparently to our benefit, but never consulted us the veterans about what we thought is best for us.

It's all smoke and mirrors with VAC and the GOC and Old-Cut-and-Run himself (Fantino) is the man of a thousand faces, all of the bull****

Jennifer Migneault and so many other wives could use that $191 dollars a month for any number of things that would add quality of life to their worlds, camping, sports, yoga classes, the list goes on and on, for the kids they could use their pensions for lunch money at school or to go out with friends to a movie, all of these activities improve people's mental states, but according to the GOC this created dependence. The GOC are liars and cheats, gov after gov mismanages the country and then screws everyone over to maintain their pension and to make sure their kids go to the best schools in the country and get have weekends at their cottages, all on the tax-payer dime.

I'm getting pissed off I'll stop here

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 03 Jun 2014, 20:09

I think when child turns 18 they are no longer seen as a dependant...that gives me a few years yet....

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 03 Jun 2014, 20:08

wow bruce your post made me curious to see an old pay stub...I held out on direct deposit till the bitter end so I grabbed a 2012 nov stub from my va medical pension. I have two sons in the care of my ex.i pay support and se them regularly .they are worth 167 dollars a month..my spouse,,soon to be my wife ,,is worth 191 a month.i also receive monthly clothing allowance that works out to be 22 dollars a month...I never thought of all the little bits of money that the nvc does not offer vets when granted a medical pension..wow....

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 12:34

Jennifer Migneault has certainly shown she's a force to be reckoned with Navrat, personally I wouldn't want to mess with the lady.

The GOC needs to reinstate the supplementary pensions that spouses and dependent children used to get. My daughter when she was younger used to get a small pension. It was a form of compensation to family members under the PA, but the crooks in Ottawa stole that from vets and their families with the NVC. The dollar amounts weren't huge for the family member pensions, but they helped overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 09:28

That video brought ole Nav to tears, I hope she speaks st the rth event

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 05:27

I hope Old Cut and Run watched the video too Digger. The pomp and privilege of any police service from which Fantino was plucked, will never understand the true hardship of veterans and their families. Fantino and his arrogant ways have to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 20:48

Bruce72, I had watched the news link yesterday of this amazing lady trying to speak to Fantino. That video yesterday was hard to watch and this interview was even more stark and unfiltered. Jenifer Migneault is truly an amazing person, wife and advocate for her spouse. I hope her story was watched by Fantino.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next