Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
meteck
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 7 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 19:12

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/veteran-s-wife-wants-julian-fantino-to-give-support-to-spouses-1.2659734

Jenifer Migneault speaks out. The video is ten minutes. The last three minutes of the video is so hard to listen too and I folded like a cheap suitcase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 23:31

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/we-re-nothing-to-you-veteran-s-wife-tells-julian-fantino-1.2658694

Fantino doesn't even have enough respect to stop and talk. He's junk, period. Not open for debate, he's proved himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 20 May 2014, 12:18

between now and the next election is the window to get real change accomplished with the nvc...it is my opinion that getting rid of fantino and dealing with someone who respects vets is imperative..after that full court press to get real change...I don't want to hear one liberal or ndp anything ide rather deal with the conservatives...don't forget where vets were when the liberals were in power people..i know the va today is a shit pit and the entire mantra must be changed I know this as fact..i also know these critics talk loud when it suits them and fades away when the photo op is over......its like picking between 3 diseases I know but this gvmnt is already in place and some of the nvc is frankly really good..other parts are awful..fix it..restore the bond with soldiers and their spouses and extended families....fix it!!!!!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 21:12

I just meant that you literally can't comment on this story on CBC, they have the comments section turned off. They do that with some stories and it pisses me off to be honest.

Rex, you among others on this site have a lot of experience and knowledge of the QR&O's and the other relevant legislation on the NVC and the PA, I take my lead from you folks in that department.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 18 May 2014, 20:30

Exactly, it's not like they published maps showing the boundaries for this benefit for everyone to see. It merely stated that if you were posted to a particular area, you were entitled to a certain amount of money. I know when I was posted in Ottawa, out PLD was quite low, and the reason given was that it was cheaper to live in Hull. So if the NCR didn't differentiate based on actual residence inside a geographical area, then why should Halifax? After all, the only difference between living in HRM and outside HRM as far as cost of living, is the land transfer tax, when buying a home. Other than that, groceries, gas and utilities cost just as much. Mortgages aren't even that much cheaper anymore. Also, with the PMQ's in Halifax all but closed (only Windsor Park Apartments are left), CF members posted into the area are forced to spread out farther to find available housing, in a city that is continuously expanding, so I think the PLD boundaries should have expanded as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 20:25

Last edited by Digger on Sun 18 May 2014, 21:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 20:03

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/n-s-navy-family-facing-51k-clawback-wins-small-victory-1.2646455

I'm posting it again and I'm gonna shut up for a while, because this story is already losing steam on CBC because it can't be commented on.

over and out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 20:01

I hope they get some help from someone to Digger, the crazy part is the military decided to forgive approx. 40% of their debt, by my interpretation, the military is assuming some responsibility in the matter. Why don't they just admit they screwed up and eat the loss. Why do service members continuously have to make sacrifices in their lives at the hands of administrators?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 19:50

Last edited by Digger on Sun 18 May 2014, 21:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 18 May 2014, 18:03

I completely agree Bruce. Unless they can prove that he knowingly deceived the CF for all those years, they should have just stopped the payment once the boundary issue was discovered. I really hope that this takes traction amongst the opposition and force the Government to reverse this decision completely. I can't imagine serving all those years, only to lose my entire severance pay due to a clerical error, and 300 metres.

I've said it before, that finance clerks are the only trade that are not held accountable for their mistakes. When I came back from the gulf in 98, I noticed that my pay seemed higher than normal, $115 or so per month. I went to the pay office twice to inquire about , and both times I was told that my pay was correct. So i started spending the money, and then a year later they came back and said that I had been collecting hazard pay by mistake, and they withheld my entire months paycheck to pay back what I owed. Luckily my parents were able to pay my bills that month, or I would have been in deep. And one of the finance clerks that had made such a glaring oversight, ended up getting promoted a few months later.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 17:11

I really don't know where else to post this, but it seems to me like this Thread has turned into more of a "Veterans Unite" Thread, so.....This is the kind of story that just blows my mind and makes me angry beyond belief, as I sit here sipping another cold one, I just can't believe the audacity of the powers-that-be. It seems to never stop.....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/n-s-navy-family-facing-51k-clawback-wins-small-victory-1.2646455

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 May 2014, 15:43

Meteck, that's why when I read Bruce's letter I had to share it here. He's said so much for so many in that letter.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Sun 18 May 2014, 13:41

I would love to attend rock the hill but unfortunately I am getting married in june and have college courses to finish up..i am helping mr gallant in spreading the word however and I urge you all to check out the ROCK THE HILL 2014 website on facebook to find out whats happening on parliament hill june 4th forward..our vets are splintered and afraid to speak out in some cases and in my opinion men like rob gallant deserve as much support as one can give..Bruce Moncur,s letter is what needs to be published..i walked to his right in the parade and actually didn't know bruce,s story beforehand..i heard him and mike blais speak passionately about veterans issues on talk 640 with tom green on my way back home the day later and their words were galvonizing..find as many bruce moncurs, and linda mcgills, and rob gallants as you can and be heard as one voice.. until all vets and even some brave enough still serving to come out in support of rock the hill could be what we veterans need more than anything.UNITY...

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 17 May 2014, 19:35

Great posts Bruce and Meeko !

All I can say is rock the hill. If there is enough veterans and people of all sorts there it can have an impact. Akin to an uproar of discontent with crowd control required to say the least.
So if you give a flying rat freck in your heart at all, GO TO OTTAWA... if you are able to. I understand some of you can not for a variety of reasons. But let's strive for a unified and consolidated effort, forgoing differences or affiliations, better yet... what we all have in common. Our home and native land. Freedom. pinger.

Rock the Hill.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 7 Empty Re: ELB Retro

Post by Guest Fri 16 May 2014, 19:45

Read the whole article and was stunned.  Still having trouble grasping the picture of just how screwed up our government currently is.  Every time I think Fantino has sunk to an all time low, he manages to go even lower.  The man has no clue as to who he is supposed to represent and champion.  He has always been all about himself and he still is.  The PM has more than one retired vet that he could have put into that portfolio yet he chose Fantino.  Think that is the worst insult of it all.  The man has no respect for those who have served their country, for if he did he would stop with the insults and start doing his job.  The PM seems to have most everyone else in his cabinet on a short leash, why does he keep letting Fantino off of his?  Talk about crappy press. This is what happens when you let someone without a clue handle a portfolio that is as important as the Vets.   I am 3rd generation military and damn proud of it.  What I am not proud of is the way we are all being treated and disrespected.  It would be so easy just to make all of this right and start doing what is needed to make life better for those who were injured in service of their country.  Heck, the government spends more on international aid packages.  Why can't they spend the money at home to correct a mistake they made?  I am not saying don't help others, just help your own first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next