Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
bigrex
Teentitan
meteck
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:35

Brasidas, I am glad that things are coming together for you. I hope that all our brothers and sisters are as fortunate after being losing their ELB benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:19

Just to alleviate some fears about getting off the ELB. There is at least a feeling of release. My job search has expanded into areas that they would not have approved of on the program. I found I was afraid to even apply to certain jobs for fear of being cut off. Since they cut me any more. I'm at least getting some interviews now for some interesting stuff. I know if I took one of these jobs before they would have cut me right away as it has nothing to do with what they trained me to do.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:49

Is anyone else concerned by the response given by Fantino to the ACVA report? The report talked about a wide range of issues, but the response only focused on PIA, and he used incorrect information about those in receipt of it to boot. This leads me to believe that they are going to do absolutely nothing in response to the report. Oh sure, Fantino will come out saying that they have reduced red tape to apply for the PIA, but these so called "changes" will be hidden behind closed doors of VAC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:08

Happy to hear you got and extension, perhaps more extensions will be offered to you down the road if needed.

This could only be good news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:55

great news meteck glad to here you caught a little break.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:51

thanks big rex for the info..unbeknownst to me my case manager has extended my elb job search by four months keeping me employed a little longer....small miracles.....

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:54

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
(Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)

I get knocked, down but I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down

I'm not out yet, just amazed they all patted themselves on the back and asked to use me as a poster boy for the success of the ELB program.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:01

I realize that it must be a piss poop position to find yourself in, but you had to realize that if you are healthy enough to attend school, VAC is going to say that you are healthy enough to work, and cease your ELB. The bright side is, you can still apply for the CF income supplement, that can pay as much as $2100+ to a married Vet, and an additional $333 for each child. It is based only on other taxable income, so if you can only find part time jobs, and collect a CF pension, you can still qualify, until a suitable job comes open. It might not be great, but it is better than nothing. You only have 6 months to apply after your ELB stops, and can apply right from the VAC website, I believe.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Fri 08 Aug 2014, 20:09

200 Jobs in July almost all job new jobs this year are part time. All the jobs created in this country are just splitting up full time to two or three part time.http://money.ca.msn.com/investing/news/breaking-news/canadas-job-growth-stalls-labor-participation-at-13-year-low
It's a great time to be cut loose and limping around like a donkey with tankers knee because of this unprecedented wet weather. Looking for the light.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sat 02 Aug 2014, 09:38

Still amazed to have been pushed through and off Elb so quickly. People should feel blessed they had the time they did on it. I was only on for 4 years, maybe because I still just do what I`m told.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 31 Jul 2014, 23:04

A few thoughts,

Having lurked this forum for years before registering, I always remember csat is in the public domain whenever I post.
As if my vac cm is reading this as I type, but just read my signature folks. And discretion when posting does rhyme with common dog feck.

VAC posting on csat…. Other than anonymously, way too dicey. They’ve always been in the room, they just knock on the door once in a while is all.
So as csat is veterans helping veterans, to springchicken I say help us help ourselves. Your probably the real deal but time will tell.

For some reason I’m tempted to think of oil and water, or foxes playing footsies with hens. Perhaps it’s the US vs THEM reasoning that’s feeling compromised?
I might say I’ve been fighting with vac for years, while in fact I was fighting the goc (THEM).
Meteck, take a breather and you’ll bounce back better for it. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 20:00

meteck,

It is clear from your post today, and pass post that you are angry and tired of what has transpired with respect to the ELB.

I am hoping that you do not let your anger get the best of you, try to turn negatives into positives, you should be proud of what fight you gave in dealing with the ELB.
You have showed yourself to be a fighter, you did the best that you could, be proud of that.
Be grateful that you are alive, even if your health is not perfect you still carried on the fight, sometimes in life we have to accept what we are dealt with.

Please try to not let this ordeal tear you apart, life is to short for that, you gave it your all, now it's time to raise your head high and give yourself a pat on the back for given it your all.

Best of luck to you, and stay healthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 13:58

very well said meteck and thank god you speak for yourself, I would hate to be in your shoes and fight like a SOB but.......... wait I have done that and I still do that your plight is a ridiculous one, one we vets should not go at alone but we do all of us. Your only a sounding off and hey that is cool. I wish you luck and good speed

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 31 Jul 2014, 13:55

Thank you for clarifying your comment Meteck.

I respect your opinion that CSAT is redundant, veterans are fractured, and that you feel you are getting nowhere.

All I can say is all the comments you made, as I pointed out, are the life of a veterans advocate. Same shyte different day.

As for your CM not delivering contact the OVO. If you feel your ELB is not working for you contact the OVO. I know I flog it to death but if we do not contact the OVO with these problems then the OVO cannot a build a file of "systemic issues" to improve VAC services/benefits.

You may not get personal satisfaction but you are contributing to the file the OVO will use against VAC for future vets that do not end up in your situation.

And yes that is the sad part about the stubborn ways of VAC. Many vets have to suffer for the OVO to point it out to correct it. This is where the Government of Canada fails veterans.

As for the efforts of CSAT members on the ELB issue we did not abandon you. We fought for your retro. I always confronted the Minister, his staff, the OVO and MP's about it only to be coldly told the current government strongly feels they DO NOT owe NVC vets ELB retro because they were not in the wrong to claw it back.

Even lawyers are staying away from it. Look at the conduct of the law firm for the LTD. They were in it for the pay check. Even they don't see a win because if they did they would be all over it to get another pay check off the back of vets.

As for the RCMP they are still under the PA not the NVC so they rode the coat tails of vets to win back their LTD.

You are going to have to put all your hope and efforts behind the Equitas lawsuit that is fighting the NVC. Have you contacted Equitas about the ELB retro to get their input on it?

I can't change your opinion on the effectiveness of CSAT or for that matter veterans using social media as a way to speak out. But it is working and VAC knows this. I can't see the problem of a VAC employee posting...I wish they would more often as it would make life easier for vets.

I do hope you still drop by and give us updates on what you have accomplished.

We have to win this war with VAC one battle at a time.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Thu 31 Jul 2014, 13:33

my thanks to those who offered assistance or comfort ....I don't harbour ill will,,im tired of pounding my head against the wall..period

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next