Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
bigrex
Teentitan
meteck
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by bigrex Sat 11 Oct 2014, 17:16

Thanks Bruce. I'm disappointed by the 2 month timeline, but not surprised. It shouldn't take that long, since VAC has been aware of these payments since the budget was tabled. So all the calculations should have already been completed, long before this. but as usual, they wait until the very last minute, and then find themselves scrambling, and that is when mistakes can happen.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 15:45

Bigrex,

I was called by Jose McIver at VAC about the ELB retro. All she said was that the process has begun to get us or retro dough, but said it could take as much as two months and that if VAC needed anything from me (can't think of what they need, they already stole the money) they'll be in touch.

No mention of how the process is to play out.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 11 Oct 2014, 15:13

Meteck, have you been called or spoken to anyone who was called and/or with the money in the bank? Or was this just what you were told by VAC? Did they mention how the process was being completed? Alphabetically, by ELB start date, or just random? If any CSAT regulars had been called or paid, I'm sure they would have let the rest of us know by now.

I know I sound paranoid, but after a decade of dealing with VAC, the SISIP lawuit, and now this, it's hard not to be pessimistic.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 10 Oct 2014, 21:08

Well it would be nice if they would inform all of us in a better way than individual phone calls, of when we can expect to be paid. otherwise, we will all be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring, and every day that it doesn't only adds on the stress that we don't need.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 10 Oct 2014, 18:37

it is happening now sailor964,,,,as of last week calls were being made to vets telling them the retro is on its way..some already have it in their bank accounts so next few weeks all should have it...its definitely happening...now

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 10 Oct 2014, 11:21

I'm guessing Chillier that this is not going to happen. I think you would have heard something by now. Remembrance day is fast approaching. It wouldn't hurt to do another round of picketing for benefits.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 01 Oct 2014, 06:44

Well it would be nice to get those 4 months retro out of the way, but most likely the lawyers will have already taken those 4 months into account, when they write the statement of claim. The easiest way to do it, IMO, would be to seek any money owed due to the clawback from Apr 01 2006 onward, instead of seeking any money owed before Oct 1st, 2012, when the clawback ceased. That way if the 4 months get paid, it doesn't affect the lawsuit. but if they aren't paid by then, they are already lumped into the money owed over the 6 years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chillier76 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:51

I was just contacted my Jose McIvor who has been contacting me monthly for some time giving updates on the ELB retro. She said that the ELB retro is due to start processing in the next few weeks. 4 months for ELB, 16 months for WVA. Asked her if this was going ahead despite the pending class action lawsuit and she had no idea a law suit was in the works, and seemed quite surprised. She is going to ask some questions and get back to me tomorrow with a better update.

chillier76
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by chillier76 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:50

chillier76
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chillier76 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:19

I contacted Michael Drapeau's office this morning to pass along my details.
They're supposed to call me back sometime today to collect all my info.
I hope this works in our favour. 4 months seems like a slap in the face when they were clawing back for 4 years. If they admit it was wrong for 4 months, then it was wrong for the whole time.

chillier76
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 08:44

Glad to hear you got hold of them sailor!

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 15:40

Had a good conversation via phone with the Law Office. He seemed very sure that a settlement would come vice a renewed fight over veteran's issues regarding the clawback. All this would do is worsen there stance with veteran's as well as it being an election year it would harm them. That being said, I provided him with all my details regarding my situation. He was happy to receive it. I would agree with bruce when he mentioned that it is in your best interest to call them or email them providing them with your details. Thanks bruce72 for the heads up on this issue.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:15

Military wife, as far as I know the Law Office would have any information you gave them already. However, I suggest calling them or emailing them to confirm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:14

That's great sailor.

I contacted my local Legion yesterday and spoke to the president, he is going to get the word out to WWII and Korea Veterans in our area.

I am also going to contact the Legion's national offices later today and get the word out to them, so they can pass it along to the older Vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next