Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP LTD or VAC

2 posters

Go down

SISIP LTD or VAC Empty Re: SISIP LTD or VAC

Post by czerv Tue 24 Jan 2017, 16:43

Trooper, thanks again, short and to the point. I love it.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2017, 16:30

The question regarding PIAS and TPI, the answer is that you need to be designated TPI to receive the PIA supplement.

The question regarding PIA ans TPI, the answer is you do not need to be designated TPI to receive the PIA.

The question regarding how you go about obtaining or being designated TPI, the answer is to do this through your Case Manager and even through my account VAC.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/permanent-impairment-allowance

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 24 Jan 2017, 15:50

Gents, some help in undersanding the LTD/ELB system. I am into my second year of both (or ELB since they started the top up) and .. after re-reading many posts it seems to me that one has to be on TPI to get on PIA and Supplement. I am on PIA 3 but no supplement. Rejected when applied saying that I am not TPI.
I am seriously confused in here. I thought that I was TPI.  How can you be PIA3 but not TPI?
How do you get about being assessed to be TPI?  My two year SISIP LTD is up next fall and then what? they going to say See Ya?  and VAC is going to say SEE Ya because you do not have TPI? Maybe this is just the day that I am not connectin well what I read:)
Lots of questions here. Even answering one would help.
Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 09 Jan 2017, 08:46

Thanks for your answers. If VAC does not require annual/medical bs, then that sounds better.
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2017, 16:34

SISIP and the ELB pretty well mirrored each other except for SISIP requiring the yearly medical, they are both taxed, SISIP being deposited usually a Week before the end of the Month.

Now that the ELB has been topped up to 90% and SISIP not following suit, even though those on SISIP can apply for the ELB to get their 15% increase, I would say that the ELB has the edge now over SISIP, but that's only my opinion.

It basically comes down to personal preference in each ones opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 08 Jan 2017, 15:08

Apply for ELB from VAC if approved you will recieved the top up while on SISIP LTD. You don't get to choose which one you go to as both while assess you and determine your eligibility. SISIP will either keep you on beyond the 2 years or if they don't then VAC will see if you eligible for there program.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

SISIP LTD or VAC Empty SISIP LTD or VAC

Post by czerv Sun 08 Jan 2017, 14:06

Appologize if this was touche upon before: my question - when the 2 years are up with SISIP for LTD and they say 'get lost/ go away' how difficult it is to stay with VAC and not hear the same from them.  And/or : is it better to stay with SISIP LTD beyond the 2 years or move to VAC for the 90% coverage.

Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down