Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance

2 posters

Go down

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Empty Re: Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance

Post by bigrex Wed 03 May 2017, 08:18

Actually, it will be easier. Under the old TPI system, the Veteran basically had to be completely incapable of working. At least under the DEC, the Veteran can still be capable of earning up to 66% of their military salary. Then as long as they have served less than 20 years, they would qualify for grade 2 CIA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Empty Re: Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance

Post by By the Bay Tue 02 May 2017, 16:20

Thank you Trooper for the quick reply! Good grief! Sounds like applying for these benefits are going to be a big pain in the butt.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 May 2017, 15:10

By the Bay wrote:Hi Ya'll

It's been awhile since I stopped by to read all your comments. Boy O' Boy, I missed a lot!

I got a few questions for the group.  Very Happy

On my VAC My Account, it shows that my first application for Rehabilitation Program has been completed. I was wondering if the Decision Letter would be made available to view online or is it only mailed through the post?

If my Rehabilitation application was approved,  would they refer to my supporting documents on file with VAC and grant an automatic TPI decision or would I have to request a TPI or DEC ( or  whatever the government wants to call it this week lol)
Thanks in advance for your comments!

Cheers, By the Bay

Any decision letters sent to you from VAC should be available for you to read through My VAC Account.

No, the DEC would not be automatic if approved for Rehab.

Regarding the DEC, as it stands now, those who are receiving the CIA, are suppose to be reassessed for a higher level, and the DEC. Not many have had success thus far.

I would contact your CM, or VAC if you do not have one to confirm they have your info on file, this is only if you already receive the CIA. If you do not receive the CIA, you need to apply for it, and be approved before your entitled to the CIA Supplement.

The DEC is needed to qualify for the CIA Supplement.

Click here for more info: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/help/faq/career-impact-allowance

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Tue 02 May 2017, 14:09

Hi Ya'll

It's been awhile since I stopped by to read all your comments. Boy O' Boy, I missed a lot!

I got a few questions for the group. Very Happy

On my VAC My Account, it shows that my first application for Rehabilitation Program has been completed. I was wondering if the Decision Letter would be made available to view online or is it only mailed through the post?

If my Rehabilitation application was approved, would they refer to my supporting documents on file with VAC and grant an automatic TPI decision or would I have to request a TPI or DEC ( or whatever the government wants to call it this week lol)
Thanks in advance for your comments!

Cheers, By the Bay

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Empty Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2017, 15:53

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance

The purpose of rehabilitation services is to ensure that you improve your health to the fullest extent possible and adjust to life at home, in your community or at work.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify for rehabilitation services is to ensure that you improve your health to the fullest extent possible and adjust to life at home, in your community or at work.

-has medically-released within the last 120 days; or
-has any health problem resulting from your military service that is making it difficult for you to adjust to life at home, in your community or at work.

You may qualify for vocational assistance services if you are:

-the spouse or common-law partner of an eligible Veteran who is not taking part in vocational rehabilitation due to his or her health problem; or
-the survivor of a Canadian Armed Forces Veteran whose death was related to his or her service.

If you are going to be releasing from the Canadian Armed Forces in the near future, you can apply for the Program before you release. If you are made eligible for the Program, the effective date will be the day after the day you release.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down