Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc

2 posters

Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Re: Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc

Post by czerv Sat 18 Mar 2023, 10:56

Thanks for the explanation of the process ...
Suppositories could be made very easily also .... especially if one is using THC for health reasons ....
Thanks again

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Cannabis Processing Methods: Cream/Lotion/Bar

Post by Dove96 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 14:38

Cannabis Cream

This is for a small batch since it has a shelf life of 3 months and I make it as I need it.
If the Cannabis oil is liquid the product will be a lotion or cream.

Ingredients

2 tbsp canna coconut oil (if liquid coconut oil was used the product will be a lotion or cream)
2 tsp granulated beeswax - if using solid cut or grate so it will melt easier (use half for lotion or cream)
2 tbsp cold water
Essentials oils - optional*

Equipment

Pot of hot water
Pyrex dish or measuring cup - that fits in pot
Electric mixing wand or high speed beater
Storage bottles/containers
Labels

Directions

Put a pot with water on the stove and set to warm - do not boil.
Put the CCO in a container (Pyrex measuring cup is good) then place in the pot to warm oil.
When oil is warm remove from pot and add beeswax. Stir until wax is melted.
Let cool slightly - stirring while the wax is melting should be enough. It may start to solidify.
Gently stir in essential oils.
Turn wand/mixer on high and start to mix the oil.
Slowly add the water while mixing. It will get thicker as more water is added.
Spoon into containers, cover when cool.
I put the last batch I made in an old deoderant tube. It worked well.

Best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.

*The Cannabis scent can be pretty strong. Vanilla, patchouli, bergamot, sandalwood, nag champa work well to counteract and/or compliment it .

Tip: Clean-up - immerse measuring cup and spoon in pan with hot water then wipe clean before washing.  Beeswax tends to stick if this step is missed.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Cannabis Processing: Cannabis Tincture - Cold Method

Post by Dove96 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 14:06

Tincture - Cold Brew

Ingredients
Decarbolized cannabis
151 or better alchohol (I used strong vodka)

Equipment
Mason Jar with lid (large enough to hold cannabis and still be able to shake well)
Cheeze cloth
Elastic
Tincture bottle(s)
Labels
Optional: potato ricer

Directions
Place cannabis in mason jar and cover with alcohol. (Amount does matter just make sure it is totally covered)
Put on lid and shake well for 3 minutes.
Put in freezer for 10 days. Shake 3x per day. (try for twice)

Day 10: take cheese cloth and secure over the mouth of a new mason jar with the elastic.
Slowly pour the mixture into a measuring cup then squeeze as much of the tincture out of the cheesecloth as possible. (a potato ricer works well)

Put a coffee or tea straining paper into a funnel and pour the tincture into bottles. This is very slow and you may want to do it twice to get a clear liquid.
Note: if this is too fiddley: put the straining paper over a measuring cup instead of using a funnel. The tinture can then be easily poured into the tincture bottle.

LABEL THE BOTTLE: I cannot stress this enough.

Dosage
Note: Dependent on the quality of material and the method, your tincture could contain upwards of 60 percent THC (that's a lot). It is important to start small.
Place a few drops (I start with Cool under your tongue**, see what happens. If it doesn't give you the desired effect, wait an hour and a half (minimum) before consuming more, at least until you have a good handle on its potency.
Record the dosage that works for you.

*The test batch can be processed after 48 hours to test the strain but it will be less potent.

**I find the alcohol under my tongue too harsh so I mix it with an ounce of juice or water.

Last edited by Dove96 on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Cannabis Processing: Decarboxylization

Post by Dove96 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 13:55

Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction which takes place during the drying and curing process.
The dehydration and heat directly affect the conversion of THCA into THC, as well as determining the presence of other cannabinoids. Proper decarboxylation helps ensure the highest final yield of THC.

Decarboxylation takes place as marijuana is being burned when smoking or vaping.
Alternately evenly heating (baking) to a temperature of 222 F or higher will suffice. See chart.

Why decarboxylate marijuana?
This process can be used if you are cold processessing cannabis for ingestion or topicals.

Equipment: Covered Dish: Pyrex is good or a pie plate covered with tin foil

Directions
Grind cannabis according to use. Normally medium/fine is good.
Place ground cannabis in even layer on pyrex dish then cover.
Note: If the cannabis is not fully dry put dish in 200° oven for 15 minutes take out stir then proceed.
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F
Put in centre rack of oven.
Bake for 30 minutes: Shake/stir at 15 min to break it up and make sure it "cooks" evenly
Remove from oven Keep covered until cool. Store in airtight container until ready to use.

Uses: baking: brownies, cookies. Tincture, oil and honey recipes.
1 tsp in oatmeal or a PB sandwich or put finely ground into capsules.

Last edited by Dove96 on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 14:43; edited 2 times in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc

Post by Dove96 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 13:51

Canna Coconut Oil

Ingredients
10 to 25 grams decarboxylated* cannabis
1 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp lectithin - liquid is the best, I left this out and it was still good
Note: the recipe can be halved

Equipment:
Crock pot
Cheese cloth
Storage containers
Capsules "00" - optional
Labels

Directions
Place coconut oil and lecticin in crock pot on warm or low.  
Add canna to crock pot.
Ensure the mixtures stays around 160°F. Do not go over 200°F. If your crockpot is a bit warm the lid can be put ajar to keep it from heating up too much.
After four hours turn off your crockpot and let the oil cool a bit before handling.
Place cheesecloth over a container and pour in the oil.
Squeeze out the cheesecloth. Dispose of residue.
Place oil in an airtight container in fridge or put in capsules and store.

Use oil in recipes (do not overheat), mix in with food or put in capsules.
Leave in container and use a spoon to measure dose. It tastes very good (depending on strain)
Use in recipe for a topical rub - "Canna Cream"
This also can be used directly on your skin but it is hard until warmed. Body temperature will do.

Important:
The marijuana oil can be very potent so begin with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. You will begin to feel the effects between 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
Normally ingested cannabis lasts 6 hours but is dependent on dose, method of ingestion and diet.

*see decarboxylating procedure

Note: This recipe can be cut in half in the crock pot without problems.

LABEL THE BOTTLE: I cannot stress this enough.

Last edited by Dove96 on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 14:44; edited 3 times in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc Empty Re: Cannabis Processing Methods: Oil, Tinctures, Cream etc

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down