Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my 3b but so damn confused.

+5
bosn181
RCN-Retired
Vet1234
pinger
Jayse29
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Got my 3b but so damn confused. Empty Dental Check

Post by Dove96 Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:04

I am sorry to hear about your journey.

If you are still able - get a good thorough dental check through the military.
PTSD can cause jaw pain (TMJ) and bruxism (clenching and grinding).
Bruxism causes wear, broken and cracked teeth.
TMJ can cause horrible headaches, face pain and misalignment of your jaw.
Get the dentist to list all problems and tooth wear.
Get them to recommend an appliance if it pertains to you.

Last edited by Dove96 on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed title)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Got my 3b but so damn confused. Empty Can't remember the last time I filed a tax return because I have been too busy trying to keep my head screwed on.

Post by Jayse29 Tue 23 May 2017, 15:34

I don't even know where to begin anymore. I was a severe alcoholic for many years just trying to mask any pain. Recently diagnosed PTSD by 3 sources, spent time
trying to get my head right in a mental institution. It has been helping but now I am trying to tackle my real world issues that I have been neglecting so long which I
did not care about because I was too busy either numbing myself, or getting myself right.

I know I have to do this in order to help get myself right, but I don't even remember the last time I did my taxes, maybe 2009 as my life has been a blur. My understanding is that I can apply for the disability tax credit (PTSD, severe depression, anxiety disorders, tinnitus and a list of about 8 other things, all doctor diagnosed.)

I would think my first step would be to e-mail the Canadian revenue agency, but I am sure they would not give 2 craps about my sob story. Any one know if SISIP or
any organization offers assistance for someone like myself in a situation where I do not even know where to start?

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Got my 3b but so damn confused. Empty Re: Got my 3b but so damn confused.

Post by bosn181 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 15:10

if you can also look up the side affects of ptsd there are many and see if there are any that can apply to you like erectile disfunction and sleep apnea involuntary limb movement, dry mouth, restless leg syndrome, and a few others i can't think off.  if you can get something on paper that will also help i had a friend of mine put in for these because he did not know and they awarded him another 17%

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 11 Feb 2017, 20:28

Definitely agree with czerv and johnny211.

I sure as heck don't know the exit process myself these days Jayse29.

Just look around this site for stuff though. Read up or pm anyone your comfy with.

without getting overwhelmed... Stay safe and pace it . . .

BTW Johnny211 the 20 on the shredder moves.
Kinda like, blink your eye too slow and your fracked real quick.

We all gotta take care...

Last edited by pinger on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 20:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 10 Feb 2017, 12:44

Czerv - Jayce29.. that is the number one, most important piece of advice you gave, even if you had a sore thumb, whatever, make sure it's there, and you are right- get mo to confirm it was "due to service"..SAVE a COPY!!!of every paper jayce29!!!! I have been to a vac appeal where the medical record was not on my file, but I had a copy of it, and it saved my bacon,,because anyone on here will tell you once your out, they don't give a rats a__. , and things fall into that big cf shredder.
Johnny Out, VVV,,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 10 Feb 2017, 09:13

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 10 Feb 2017, 08:42

Jayce29, shortly before they let you go, you will have your final medical. There is a special form that they will give you to work on. GET/Request that form couple of weeks before you final medical. Work on it, write down every injury, bump, burn, pain, etc. You may have to add a page (they do not give you much room on the form to do so). Attache it to your medical form and bring it to your final medical. When it is processes (signed by base surgeon) get a copy of it and keep it with you for ever. Base surgeon will say "concure' to all you write there. State clearly, that all of those issues are 100% due to military service. Also get all the referrals to/for chiropractor, massage theraphy, accupuncture, etc. If the doctor will give you any dificulty and Case Manager for help; if that does not work: tell them that you will call military ombudsman.. Cheers and Good luck, Blessings

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 10 Feb 2017, 01:02

The things you mention bosn181 are very interesting, I would like to find out more as no CM has ever mentioned any of this.

Jayse29, anytime you can get help with filling out the reams of forms is a good thing but just be weary there are CM out there that seem to think the money you may get comes out of their pay. The biggest item for you I think is your PTSD and Depresion so if your medical team can give you a disabled percentage out of a 100 this sure will help with appeals down the road if there are any. When I was released I received a 10% disability assessment for my PTSD and Major Depression but my medical team had in my letter that I was at 70%. I never stopped fighting the bastards until I received the 70% because that is what my shrink assessed me at. Another word that is important which I forgot is the word "solely" they tried to say that I was damaged prior to joining, then that I had family issues so they could give 2/5s but because their shrink who was also my shrink wrote the word solely. Good luck Jay
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 09 Feb 2017, 17:10

Frankly, inside or outside of csat, we are essentially our own cm and advocate.

Helping one another with that little grain of salt . . .

Last edited by pinger on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 17:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:48

np as i find out i try to pay it forward

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:47

That's an excellent link bosn. I didn't know DVA covered for light therapy, heating pads and cellular phone charges. I will have to look into this. Thank you.

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:12

one thing the military did was to get us to work together and have each others backs so i hope some of this can help

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:10

anytime as well if you can see a cm that be great there are many things that people are entitled to that they not sure and cm should be able to help example http://canadianveteransadvocacy.com/VACDND_Services-Benefits/?page_id=2 can help find useful things as well like vac covers your phone bill $50 a month for mental injury if you are eligible or $300 for iPad or phone need your head doc to sign off Benefit Code Number 362785 for hand held electronic devices or Benefit Code 361020** VAC can pay for your cell phone service. Please check with your CM or On Duty CM for eligibility. this is something i got today i called and my cm going to look into for me

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse29 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:02

RCN, that is some outstanding advice. I believe my paperwork states that my issues were "as a result of military service". I will have copies made to ensure this.

Would you advise that I see a VA case manager as opposed to filing my claims online?

Bosn, I will also look into the public service health plan, thanks for the heads up.

Jayse29
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 23:32

i am not sure but others will know i think there is a time line on applying for your public service health care plan and i recommend you check into this insurance program for retired gov workers i think i had like 3 months to apply been so long i can't remember

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next