Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONFUSED

3 posters

Go down

CONFUSED Empty Re: CONFUSED

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Aug 2014, 20:51

IMPORTANT INFO IF YOU ARE IN RECEIPT OF CPPD CALL THE CF PENSION OFFICE AND TELL THEM.

Your CF Pension will decrease once you start receiving CPPD. If you don't call them it could take years for the Pension office to know and you will owe the CF Pension a shyte load of money.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 16:30

im not exactly sure what you are talking about buds so all I can say is that LTD ends at 65 nothing to do with an offset . the military pension gets deducted a bit say 2-400 dollars at 65 but you still get the rest. a dva mothly continues for life .

hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Aug 2014, 16:28

loggie, at age 65, or if in receipt of CPP(D), our CF superannuation is reduced by what they have called a "bridge" benefit. in my case they would reduce it by roughly $350/month. Unfortunately, this sometimes means an over all decrease in monthly income, if your CPP amount is low due to an extended inability to work. Your disability pension from VAC is for life, and cannot be reduced, except under the rarest of circumstances.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

CONFUSED Empty CONFUSED

Post by loggie Tue 12 Aug 2014, 16:06

If I understand what I have been told, our pension basically ends at age 65 due to CPP offset but do we still collect our medical disability pension for life?
I am soooooooooo confused
Thanks to all who offer assistance and advice on all topics, it is very beneficial.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down