Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIA Reassessment Review

+10
pinger
Slaket
Vet1234
Dannypaj
bigrex
Nemo
Taz
Willie
johnny211
Teentitan
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CIA Reassessment Review Empty Re: CIA Reassessment Review

Post by propat Tue 22 Jan 2019, 17:13

s-dog like I said you need the DEC designation before they look at your application for CIAS but you can put in that application before hand . any time the day of you apply for DEC or after should be fine .the CIAS application should be on your CIA application . the last questions before the signature block I think .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 14:19

bigrex wrote:No, they won't approve CIAS without being deemed DEC, but if they see that you are in the process of seeking DEC, the CIAS application will simply be put on hold, until the DEC decision is made. I applied for the Rehab program, ELB, CIA , CIAS and DEC all on the same day, and even though it took several stages, everything was eventually approved.
Thanks again, did you do this online, I looked over that form and it didn’t really seem like it lent itself to a veteran explaining that they would like to apply for CIAS, not just initial CIA or an upgrade to the level of CIA a vet is currently receiving. Those boxes are there to check, but not one for strictly CIAS

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 22 Jan 2019, 11:03

No, they won't approve CIAS without being deemed DEC, but if they see that you are in the process of seeking DEC, the CIAS application will simply be put on hold, until the DEC decision is made. I applied for the Rehab program, ELB, CIA , CIAS and DEC all on the same day, and even though it took several stages, everything was eventually approved.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 10:08

propat wrote:s-dog hope ya don't mind me throwing my 2 cents . many including myself have applied for CIAS prior to a DEC designation and received CIAS from that application .

ya may want to get that done ASAP .

propat
wow, really, I was under the impression that could not put the cart before the horse, so to speak, so is the CIAS designation something else the CM has to recommend or can you use the on line CIA form and just click “ other”, what if it comes back that you’re approved for CIAS , but you end up declined for DEC , l though must have one to get the other.does vac just assume you’re going to get both if you are in the Dec process, or do they cancel your CIAS if it turns out you end up denied for DEC.?

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 22 Jan 2019, 09:47

s-dog hope ya don't mind me throwing my 2 cents . many including myself have applied for CIAS prior to a DEC designation and received CIAS from that application .

ya may want to get that done ASAP .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 07:44

bigrex wrote:CIA is going to be called the APSC, and made tax free. The IRB, is going to encompass the ELB and RISB, So instead of two separate benefits, on either side of age 65, it's just the one benefit, but the dollar amount doesn't change. But the CIAS, and more importantly, the money, will no longer exist. Those currently getting the benefit, will not lose it, but that money, will not be available to future disabled Veterans, in any form.
Thanks, you probably can’t answer this but, if a veteran is in the DEC process now, and gets a decision say April 2, l understand they are still grandfathered in ?, I wonder then would that also apply to being able to put in for CIAS , as it is connected to the old benefit.?Probably a long shot.?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2019, 23:30

CIA is going to be called the APSC, and made tax free. The IRB, is going to encompass the ELB and RISB, So instead of two separate benefits, on either side of age 65, it's just the one benefit, but the dollar amount doesn't change. But the CIAS, and more importantly, the money, will no longer exist. Those currently getting the benefit, will not lose it, but that money, will not be available to future disabled Veterans, in any form.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2019, 22:59

bigrex wrote:It really is absolutely ridiculous that they never extended the CIAS to those getting EIA as well, since if the CIA was inadequate, it only makes sense that the program it replaced wouldn't be adequate either. I guess soon it won't make any difference, since they are eliminating the CIAS, creating a sweet spot for being declared DEC, between 2012, and 2019, where you get an additional benefit, that neither older Veterans, or younger veterans can ever qualify for.
I've read that CIA is being labeled something else after April 1, as is ELB, but are we a 100% certain the CIAS and it's worth will disappear totally, or is that $ buried inside the name of a new benefit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sun 03 Jun 2018, 08:55

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2018, 07:59

bog6 wrote:Well i just got my reply from Ombudsman office today on why I was granted EIA
what is EIA

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 01 Jun 2018, 16:39

It really is absolutely ridiculous that they never extended the CIAS to those getting EIA as well, since if the CIA was inadequate, it only makes sense that the program it replaced wouldn't be adequate either. I guess soon it won't make any difference, since they are eliminating the CIAS, creating a sweet spot for being declared DEC, between 2012, and 2019, where you get an additional benefit, that neither older Veterans, or younger veterans can ever qualify for.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2018, 13:38

bog6 wrote:Well i just got my reply from Ombudsman office today on why I was granted EIA instead of CIA...

CM sent in the form for me for both CIA and EIA, returned with EIA...issues got much worse and later determined to be DEC..and Rehab. Because i was not on rehab during the application for CIA or EIA i can only get EIA. And due to the way the reg's are written i can no longer get CIA..even though i have been DEC'd.

What about  those that get CIA while on rehab and then not DEC'd but the take the education and maybe find work..Do they keep the CIA and CIAS??

Talk about a screwy system.

hope they change this in the future.

Veteran-Centric cheers

CIA can be awarded during or after participation in a rehab program, if a veteran qualifies, and it is for life.

CIAS can only be awarded if a vet is deemed DEC.

Back to top Go down

CIA Reassessment Review Empty CIA CIAS

Post by bog6 Thu 31 May 2018, 23:07

Well i just got my reply from Ombudsman office today on why I was granted EIA instead of CIA...

CM sent in the form for me for both CIA and EIA, returned with EIA...issues got much worse and later determined to be DEC..and Rehab. Because i was not on rehab during the application for CIA or EIA i can only get EIA. And due to the way the reg's are written i can no longer get CIA..even though i have been DEC'd.

What about those that get CIA while on rehab and then not DEC'd but the take the education and maybe find work..Do they keep the CIA and CIAS??

Talk about a screwy system.

hope they change this in the future.

Veteran-Centric cheers

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2018, 16:51

Teager wrote:If your educated and healthy enough to work out the door you go regardless of how much you make.
wow, just wow, I can see me now checking bags at walmart

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 31 May 2018, 09:14

If your educated and healthy enough to work out the door you go regardless of how much you make.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum