Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs

+6
prawnstar
bigrex
bog6
Teentitan
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs Empty Re: Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 09:05

Dannypaj wrote:
teentitan wrote:As Rex said...."no politician is going to open themselves up for another class action lawsuit"

Funny how this new life long pension is being rolled out after the Equitas decision comes down this fall.  So if the Equitas lawsuit is not completed what's the odds that the announcement isn't made by the end of the year?

Someone is listening.
Common sense!
Put Canadian veterans first.
Canadian veterans were willing to put country before self while serving,
Time for the country and current leaders to put former and current members first without further hesitation.
Canada's leaders!  Own up to your soldiers!
???
Still waiting for the roll out and the steam roller to run it through the press.
They'll
1. Make it seem seamlessly the best they have to offer and what's best the institution (GOC)  has to offer.
2. Or layout the blue print to the restoration of our pension (THIS IS WHEN WE ALL FORGIVE AND FORGET AND VOTE FOR THE LIBS?)

Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Back to top Go down

Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs Empty Re: Seamus O'Regan to be named federal minister of Veterans Affairs

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Sep 2017, 08:52

teentitan wrote:As Rex said...."no politician is going to open themselves up for another class action lawsuit"

Funny how this new life long pension is being rolled out after the Equitas decision comes down this fall.  So if the Equitas lawsuit is not completed what's the odds that the announcement isn't made by the end of the year?

Someone is listening.
Common sense!
Put Canadian veterans first.
Canadian veterans were willing to put country before self while serving,
Time for the country and current leaders to put former and current members first without further hesitation.
Canada's leaders! Own up to your soldiers!
???
Still waiting for the roll out and the steam roller to run it through the press.
They'll
1. Make it seem seamlessly the best they have to offer and what's best the institution (GOC) has to offer.
2. Or layout the blue print to the restoration of our pension (THIS IS WHEN WE ALL FORGIVE AND FORGET AND VOTE FOR THE LIBS?)

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Sep 2017, 08:35

ScottyG wrote:Seamus O Regan, Another good man about to be destroyed of character and logical wisdom!

The politicial way ...

Men of great intention attempting to do the right thing and BINGO -Ruined!

The game of RE ELECTION for Power Money and Position takes priority!

I just hope he stays off the bottle !

Good Luck Seamus presently your in my good books!

Veteran’s Affairs Minister Seamus O’Regan has a new chief of staff brought in from the Prime Minister’s Office.

Cyndi Jenkins will head up O’Regan’s ministerial office. A fellow east coaster, Jenkins worked on the Atlantic policy desk in the PMO, starting there in January 2016. Before that, she’d worked as director of issues management for New Brunswick Premier Brian Gallant.

O’Regan’s office said they won’t comment on their staff changes, but the PMO confirmed the move.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Jenkins was an associate lawyer at Cox & Palmer in Fredericton for more than a year before joining Gallant’s office....
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 16:24

Their goal is to delay the decision long enough that the Veterans would/may get frustrated and give up. At the same time, they also hope to gain enough non military support so the liberal government can save face as they refuse the necessary funding/approval for life long pensions. Its just political delays, part of the game to save the government's money they dont want to spend. I think to set up a life long tax free pension for present, past (2006 onwards) and future disabled vets would literally cost over 40 billion dollars.

Have no doubt this delay is all about saving money PERIOD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:35

As Rex said...."no politician is going to open themselves up for another class action lawsuit"

Funny how this new life long pension is being rolled out after the Equitas decision comes down this fall. So if the Equitas lawsuit is not completed what's the odds that the announcement isn't made by the end of the year?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:06

Seamus O Regan, Another good man about to be destroyed of character and logical wisdom!

The politicial way ...

Men of great intention attempting to do the right thing and BINGO -Ruined!

The game of RE ELECTION for Power Money and Position takes priority!

I just hope he stays off the bottle !

Good Luck Seamus presently your in my good books!

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 05 Sep 2017, 08:02

as always very well said trooper lets hope by taking there time they did get it right will know more soon enough

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 07:07

I hope that the announcement of the lifelong pension is going to be of high quality that puts NVC Veterans inline with those Veterans receiving full benefits from the old pension act, optimistic is only a feeling until the actual announcement arrives. In my opinion the legislation of this lifelong pension is being written up by the bureaucrats to forward it on the desk of the new Minister for approval. In other words the same individuals who have been using disable Veterans to benefit themselves are writing up the specifics of the lifelong pension. This is going to be a good test for our new Minister, how will he respond to what is brought in front of him for signature? As I have said many times in the past, the lifelong pension promise was the top promise that most NVC Veterans wanted, this promise was not brought out at the beginning of the Liberals term because if I remember correctly the then Minister Hehr stated publicly that he was told by various Veterans and Veteran groups to take your time and get it right. This in my opinion was a mistake as I have stated many times, the lifelong pension should have been the very first promise to get implemented, it should have been the main priority for all Veterans to advocate for from the very start, nevertheless, they have taken their time, the time is coming where we will all see if they got it right. I'm sticking to what I have been saying all along which is this announcement of the lifelong pension will not be worth the paper it's written on, but this is only my opinion, what I'll be looking for is how the new Minister reacts to whatever the lifelong pension turns out to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Sep 2017, 00:33

Well, if they announce it this Fall/early Winter, chances are that it will be part of next years budget. Honestly, I think the biggest delay has been them trying to figure out what to do with those of us who have been given lump sum payments over the last decade. Because any true life long pension, is going to greatly outshine the lump sum awards, even after the top up (my LSA equals around 8 years worth of additional PA payments). No politician is going to want to be responsible for an entire generation of forgotten Veterans, or open themselves up for another class action lawsuit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Mon 04 Sep 2017, 22:44

by the sounds of it he not willing to commit to anything and as far as the details i am sure they will say what ever they need to say and that it will only take effect if i vote them back in again so yeah two years not enough and i am sure we not going to be happy with what will come if we were going to be happy i am sure we would have heard more about it already

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:11

Tks Trooper. It was interesting that he said the details of the
Pensioned would be announced before the end of the year, but will
Come into effect later. I quess 2 years was not enough time to sort it out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Sep 2017, 14:26

Steve Murphy of CTV News Interviews Seamus O'Regan

Click on this link to view the Video: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1198350

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 03 Sep 2017, 23:41

Unless Seamus was a complete "talking head" when reporting he definitely knows the red-tape the GoC can throw at it's citizens...veterans included.

But like they say time will tell
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 03 Sep 2017, 21:15

JMO but any "gap fixing" should have been done before that phrase ever even was a... cliche.
And as far as bureaucrats go, they remind me of that very mangy rabid dog that needs to be taken to the back of the barn. JMO of course though...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 18:27

pinger wrote:Words just fail me, but I quote you Trooper... (not out of context)

"the bureaucrats are the very first individuals he meets and those are the individuals who he will be learning from. "

The very darn first... individuals he should be meeting with are the fracked up vets in the streets and some of those of us waiting forever for delayed applications..

I agree pinger and to add to that he should be looking for some input from someone that is outside of the bureaucratic circle who is not only aware of the bureaucratic tactics, but could guide the Minister in a path that could actually put our file back on track.

The problem is not really that difficult to see, and is still fixable but it is the bureaucrats that are influencing every Veteran Minister put into power. One does not need to know the file that well to understand that the major problems started when the New Veterans Charter was enacted, I don't care how one twist it or defends it, the New Veterans Charter has created a cruel disadvantage to those disabled Veterans caught up in the Charter, this will continue without a doubt, and those that think it won't, look at the history of the chaos since the NVC's implementation, however, the New Veterans Charter has worked out very well for those who wrote up the legislation on it, the bureaucrats, the more chaos, the more security and work loads for those bureaucrats, I don't need to influence anyone on this because the evidence is right there in front of us with all of the gap fixing that has been, and continues to be on our file. Gap fixing is another way of dodging to fix the main problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next