Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTSD Reassessment

+5
Nemo
soldier270
czerv
XMedic
Gunner8
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PTSD Reassessment  - Page 2 Empty Re: PTSD Reassessment

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 14:56

Gunner8 wrote:What’s BPA?
I don’t think it means much, I hope it does. But never knows with VAC. They tell me something different everytime. Some analysts are better than others. Nothing is consistent with them it seems. Some claims take a few months, some way more. I had a reassessment for tinnitus earlier this year and it took about two months. My hearing took about 3 I think it was after step 3.
So I’m not sure why the PTSD one is taking longer. Maybe it’s more detailed or what not. Either way I hope I hear back soon.
Good luck with yours as well. You should give them a call, if doesn’t hurt to check in every once in a while just to make sure there’s no paperwork issues.

Gunner
that’s the most frustrating part for veterans especially those with mental issues, we fill the void of the unknown with negativity, funny how close we are in terms of expectations and yet no further ahead, I have a Tinnitus claim ( average wait time is supposed to be 17 weeks according to the wait time tool) - I’m step 3 double that amount in weeks waiting, l have a hearing claim ( average wait time 13 weeks), I’m at step 3 plus three times that in weeks waiting...l have a departmental review in for ptsd ( average wait time 13 weeks ) , I’ve been at step 3 for 26 so far,l try not to dwell on it, but I do keep track,

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 14:28

Anyone get a decision on the ptsd reassessments yet? Ford guy? Artiesimm?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:46

Gunner8 wrote:What’s BPA?
I don’t think it means much, I hope it does. But never knows with VAC. They tell me something different everytime. Some analysts are better than others. Nothing is consistent with them it seems. Some claims take a few months, some way more. I had a reassessment for tinnitus earlier this year and it took about two months. My hearing took about 3 I think it was after step 3.
So I’m not sure why the PTSD one is taking longer. Maybe it’s more detailed or what not. Either way I hope I hear back soon.
Good luck with yours as well. You should give them a call, if doesn’t hurt to check in every once in a while just to make sure there’s no paperwork issues.

Gunner
BPA is bureau of pension advocates,

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:28

What’s BPA?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 19:23

Gunner8 wrote:Went to step three exactly 16 weeks ago.

Gunner
well good luck , .

Last edited by Artie Simm on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:38

Went to step three exactly 16 weeks ago.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 18:11

Gunner8 wrote:Called Vac today. They told me most of the red boxes are checked and to call back next week and hopefully it will be to the adjucator. First time I’ve ever been told that or anything about red boxes checked. Hopefully a good sign. It’s for reassessment for ptsd.

Gunner
nice. When did you submit your reassessment..? I.e. on the myvac site (if you use it?), how long has your claim been at stage 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Nov 2018, 17:13

Called Vac today. They told me most of the red boxes are checked and to call back next week and hopefully it will be to the adjucator. First time I’ve ever been told that or anything about red boxes checked. Hopefully a good sign. It’s for reassessment for ptsd.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 16:14

bigrex wrote:No, they only grant the interim 10% award one time, so that the Veteran get access to life saving treatment. Because VAC will not pay for treatment, even for an existing VAC client, until an award for PTSD is granted. and delaying treatment, by over a year, or more, was costing Veterans lives, due to suicide.
ah, I must have read it wrong, but have been a vet who had one disability but was reassessed to in fact have PTSD instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 26 Oct 2018, 10:37

No, they only grant the interim 10% award one time, so that the Veteran get access to life saving treatment. Because VAC will not pay for treatment, even for an existing VAC client, until an award for PTSD is granted. and delaying treatment, by over a year, or more, was costing Veterans lives, due to suicide.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2018, 08:59

johnny211 wrote:Bigrex- Your spot on. They have created a monster, with all the various benefits. And I do remember back a few yrs ago, when my CM could approve things. I’m not convinced after next Apr if things will improve, for our ynger brothers and sisters behind us. Johnny Out..VVV
l read somewhere that when VAC is considering a vets PTSD reassessment that they front the vet 10% of the proposed settlement. Is this the same whether it’s a reassessment of a Pre or post 2006 claim.? Also how long is the average wait for this drop in the bucket, if a normal claim takes 16+ weeks for a decision , let’s say a vet submitted a claim for reassessment on Jan 1 2019, a decision in a perfect world would come in around May 1, but where in the timeline before that would he expect that 10%.?

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 22 Oct 2018, 06:44

Bigrex- Your spot on. They have created a monster, with all the various benefits. And I do remember back a few yrs ago, when my CM could approve things. I’m not convinced after next Apr if things will improve, for our ynger brothers and sisters behind us. Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 21 Oct 2018, 17:33

You are right bigrex 100%
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 21 Oct 2018, 17:19

See, the problem is, back before the NVC was adopted, the only things that Veterans really needed to be apply for, was disability pensions and VIP, and VIP was likely approved at the local level, so they were able to reach decisions far more rapidly. Now we have to apply for disability awards, ELB, VIP, CIA, CIAS, Caregiver Allowance, CIB, RISB, CFIS, the rehab program and DEC. Each with their own rules and regulations. Except VAC didn't hire more staff to adjudicate all of these different applications, and when they delegated more power to approve some of the benefits to the CM's, they quickly yanked them back, because the CM's saw the Veterans as actual people, instead of just numbers on a spreadsheet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 21 Oct 2018, 11:46

Artie Simm wrote:
Nemo wrote:I was told by my MP's office that VAC is so back logged that we can't expect quick decisions. However, if it was a matter of urgency then that is something that could be looked at. So unless you need urgent treatment for your condition OR you will be homeless due to needing money then you are unlikely to experience a quick turn around. We just have to be patient. And then decide who you want to vote for in 2019. Neither Conservatives or Liberals have done the right thing...
yes, but how long is too long, when VAC promises 16 weeks and it’s now 32 .?

The latest is not that they will hire people and fix the problem but that they will simply tell us that our claims will take 26 to 30 weeks...or more. The knowledge that it will take a long time is what the government thinks is an adequate response.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next