Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

+6
johnny211
Nemo
red510
bulldozer
propat
bigrex
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 21:05

bigrex wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
bulldozer wrote:reassessment ptsd and knee 33 weeks in stage 3 this is completely absurd!
so let's just say your claim took a full 52 weeks to settle, and your knee when from a 10% disability to a reassessed to 20% ,would you get a year of back pay?I.e. the difference between 10 and 20 % is 10 %. On the lump sum chart that is $36500, would you get that?

Yes, you would get the 10% amount, at the rate it is when the reassessment is approved. So honestly, if you are getting close to December, and still waiting for a decision, I would personally want to wait until after the new year. Depending on the level, waiting the few extra weeks could add several hundred dollars, The difference between a 100% payment made last December, and one made in January, was $5400. Of course, getting a lump sum now, might have negative consequences once the PFL calculations are made.
is that why you're letting the hearing claim last, I mean 3 years for a decision must be a record, do you ever call them and inquire?

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

Post by bigrex Tue 02 Oct 2018, 20:08

Artie Simm wrote:
bulldozer wrote:reassessment ptsd and knee 33 weeks in stage 3 this is completely absurd!
so let's just say your claim took a full 52 weeks to settle, and your knee when from a 10% disability to a reassessed to 20% ,would you get a year of back pay?I.e. the difference between 10 and 20 % is 10 %. On the lump sum chart that is $36500, would you get that?

Yes, you would get the 10% amount, at the rate it is when the reassessment is approved. So honestly, if you are getting close to December, and still waiting for a decision, I would personally want to wait until after the new year. Depending on the level, waiting the few extra weeks could add several hundred dollars, The difference between a 100% payment made last December, and one made in January, was $5400. Of course, getting a lump sum now, might have negative consequences once the PFL calculations are made.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 19:11

Nemo wrote:Go here and input the date your info was accepted by VAC and it will compute the time that has gone by.

http://www.howlongagogo.com
every vet should do this and post it to myvacaccount

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 02 Oct 2018, 18:53

Go here and input the date your info was accepted by VAC and it will compute the time that has gone by.

http://www.howlongagogo.com
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 02 Oct 2018, 18:49

How many days ago... 172 days
How many weeks ago... 25 weeks
How many months ago... 5 months
How many hours ago... 4128 hours
How many minutes ago... 247680 minutes
How many seconds ago... 14860800 seconds
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 02 Oct 2018, 18:26

Put in for a reassessment mid April. Still waiting. Almost 6 months. Sitting at Stage 3. They say the delays are due to massive amounts of veterans putting in claims. That may be true but then contract out to some medical people with expertise and process these claims. This is ridiculous. It is unacceptable. I sent an email to the Minister of Veteran Affairs and plan to also send to my MP. And time to write to Ombudsman too. Not that it will make much difference but this problem needs to be fixed. MPs in Ottawa would never stand for delays like this if this was their disability program.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by red510 Tue 02 Oct 2018, 17:33

PTSD / MDD reassessment at stage 3 for 17 weeks. I am having a hard time being patient.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 15:02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 14:59

propat wrote:just put a reassessment  in two weeks ago and when I hear any acknowledgement they received it  will be asking for a second VRAB hearing as to an increase to 5/5 from 1/5 on this same issue . lets see how long this takes ? I read somewhere they were going to automatically make all 1/5 reassessment 4/5 to clear the back log of appeals. I've only ever filed 1 claim, but l " heard" reassessment was " supposed " to be faster because they basically have all the info in front of them except for maybe the " new" evidence supplied through BPA

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 14:56

bigrex wrote:Wait times for everything around VAC are insane. I've been waiting for a hearing with VRAB since 2015.
okay 2015 that takes the cake!

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Tue 02 Oct 2018, 13:14

reassessment ptsd and knee 33 weeks in stage 3 this is completely absurd!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 02 Oct 2018, 12:32

just put a reassessment in two weeks ago and when I hear any acknowledgement they received it will be asking for a second VRAB hearing as to an increase to 5/5 from 1/5 on this same issue . lets see how long this takes ?

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 02 Oct 2018, 12:09

Wait times for everything around VAC are insane. I've been waiting for a hearing with VRAB since 2015.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting? - Page 2 Empty POLL - Who has a claim in and how long have you been waiting?

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2018, 11:53

I put my my first claim in, in almost 2 decades, last march, it's now at stage 3 for 20 weeks, so far. It's been so long since l put in a claim l do not know if this is the standard over the years, or does this year seem the worst in terms of wait times? Rumor is the liberal gov. told VAC to stall claims as long as they can until they roll out their new pension for life program April 1 2019. What does everyone else feel,?how long has your claim been in ? Wait time seems about normal or extra long this time round?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2