Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

earnings loss benefit overpaid

+6
czerv
Teager
AirLog
XMedic
bigrex
Old Army Guy
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 4 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2018, 17:14

No problem Medic. Your CM will likely pass on the same info.

Back to top Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 4 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by XMedic Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:38

Thanks for the info Bruce72
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 19:15

XMedic wrote:I received a call today from March of Dimes letting me know that they had completed their assessment of me and that they recommended DEC to my CM.  My CM started the assessment process in September because he wanted to make sure it was completed before any of the new changes are in on April 1, 2019.  I am assuming my ELB will now be changed to EELB and I will start receiving the ELB supplement and on April 1, 2019 will start receiving the IRB. Smile

I was recently deemed DEC. You have to apply for the Career Impact Allowance Supplement and a review of your current CIA grade level. You can do it on My VAC Account

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Wed 05 Dec 2018, 16:28

I received a call today from March of Dimes letting me know that they had completed their assessment of me and that they recommended DEC to my CM. My CM started the assessment process in September because he wanted to make sure it was completed before any of the new changes are in on April 1, 2019. I am assuming my ELB will now be changed to EELB and I will start receiving the ELB supplement and on April 1, 2019 will start receiving the IRB. Smile
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 30 Nov 2018, 14:24

How long have you been getting the benefit?  if it's only a few months, I'm sure VAC will take the money back, but at a reduced rate.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 4 Empty earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by Old Army Guy Fri 30 Nov 2018, 12:41

I think I screwed up. I applied for the benefit when I thought I was going to lose my job. I managed to keep my job. I started receiving the benefit, fine, and I always sent in my proof of employment. The monthly benefit was 90% of past CF employment minus what I made at my job (like normal). What I forgot to send in was copies of my proof of my monthly superannuation. So that was never taken into account when I received monthly earnings loss benefit. Am I screwed or what?

Old Army Guy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4