Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019

3 posters

Go down

Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019

Post by Vet1234 Fri 11 Jan 2019, 14:30

if I already have a paper copy of entitlement for my CIA/S for life, what stops me from demanding that the contract be honored as written?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 20:48

bigrex wrote:Wow, 9500 Veterans getting CIA? The OVO wrote a report in 2014, and at that time, there had only been 1200 PIA recipients. And then, 92% of recipients, were only getting grade 3. So that's a 700% increase in the last 4 years, over the first 8 years. But unfortunately, 83% (989) of PIA recipients were getting the supplement, in 2014, versus only 58% now.
hmmm, how many are DEC?, l guess 5500 since they are already getting CIAS

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 10 Jan 2019, 14:39

Wow, 9500 Veterans getting CIA? The OVO wrote a report in 2014, and at that time, there had only been 1200 PIA recipients. And then, 92% of recipients, were only getting grade 3. So that's a 700% increase in the last 4 years, over the first 8 years. But unfortunately, 83% (989) of PIA recipients were getting the supplement, in 2014, versus only 58% now.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 13:52

Sleeping Dog wrote:
bigrex wrote:I don't know why we would need a phone call from VAC about the the CIA change. It's pretty basic, instead of lumping it with the other taxable benefits, like ELB and CIAS, when deposited in your account, it will be lumped in with all the other tax free benefits, like the PA pension, Attendance Allowance, PFL pension and CRB. I think they are just worried that, depending on peoples' individual tax situation, this change could actually leave less money being deposited, and want to keep anyone from getting too upset, and calling the media, for example
Well I don`t know how many vets get CIA, but they are so far behind on claims, where will VAC find the time/Staff to call everyone.

Approximately, 9500 vets receive CIA. Approximately 5500 vets receive CIA supp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 13:49

czerv wrote:Why would I want a phone call from some moron who will tell me this and that.
Send me a letter explaining how you arrived at the calculations!

They do not want to commit anything into writing.

Easy big fella.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 09 Jan 2019, 20:03

Why would I want a phone call from some moron who will tell me this and that.
Send me a letter explaining how you arrived at the calculations!

They do not want to commit anything into writing.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2019, 18:00

bigrex wrote:I don't know why we would need a phone call from VAC about the the CIA change. It's pretty basic, instead of lumping it with the other taxable benefits, like ELB and CIAS, when deposited in your account, it will be lumped in with all the other tax free benefits, like the PA pension, Attendance Allowance, PFL pension and CRB. I think they are just worried that, depending on peoples' individual tax situation, this change could actually leave less money being deposited, and want to keep anyone from getting too upset, and calling the media, for example
Well I don`t know how many vets get CIA, but they are so far behind on claims, where will VAC find the time/Staff to call everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 08 Jan 2019, 21:38

I don't know why we would need a phone call from VAC about the the CIA change. It's pretty basic, instead of lumping it with the other taxable benefits, like ELB and CIAS, when deposited in your account, it will be lumped in with all the other tax free benefits, like the PA pension, Attendance Allowance, PFL pension and CRB. I think they are just worried that, depending on peoples' individual tax situation, this change could actually leave less money being deposited, and want to keep anyone from getting too upset, and calling the media, for example
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 16:31

Sleeping Dog wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:Has anyone heard or read if the CIAS will be taxed like it currently is or will it be tax free April 1st like the CIA which will become the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation?
from the vac fb page....Pension for Life will come into effect soon. If you receive a Career Impact Allowance, you will get a phone call from a Veterans Affairs Canada before 1 April 2019. We’ll discuss how the transition to the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation will work for you and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks Sleeping dog. I receive CIA 2 and the supplement. I'm assuming, as bigrex said the CIA Supp will remain taxed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 16:29

bigrex wrote:Most likely it will continue to be taxed, for those still getting it, because otherwise they would have had to changed it in the legislation.

I was thinking the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 14:07

Bruce72 wrote:Has anyone heard or read if the CIAS will be taxed like it currently is or will it be tax free April 1st like the CIA which will become the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation?
from the vac fb page....Pension for Life will come into effect soon. If you receive a Career Impact Allowance, you will get a phone call from a Veterans Affairs Canada before 1 April 2019. We’ll discuss how the transition to the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation will work for you and answer any questions you may have.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 08 Jan 2019, 13:35

Most likely it will continue to be taxed, for those still getting it, because otherwise they would have had to changed it in the legislation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019 Empty Career Impact Allowance Supplement, Post April 1, 2019

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 05:10

Has anyone heard or read if the CIAS will be taxed like it currently is or will it be tax free April 1st like the CIA which will become the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down