Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 12 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 31 Mar 2019, 16:28

So is there a bet on when we’ll see this payout? I think it’ll be like the top up and hit us by Friday.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 12 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by bigrex Sat 30 Mar 2019, 11:06

FUBAR!  Enough said.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:46

Just watch Gunny Highway in HEART BREAK RIDGE AND NOTE THE SAYING ! What a cluster fuck

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sat 30 Mar 2019, 09:39

And who knows when SRB is payout is coming. This has been a total gaggle f*ck and so disorganized. What a mess aay folks. Wild !

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sat 30 Mar 2019, 09:37

They should have said it is active and begins May 1 2019 because no one isn’t getting anything till next pay.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Mar 2019, 08:14

not sure by the bay but as this report seems to be written prior to October 20013 .things may have changed or he done fracked up . wouldn't be the first time .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 28 Mar 2019, 23:31

This stills stumps me as to why the Veterans Ombudsman would cite this paragragh in his report if SISIP LTD amount wasn't included in the SRB lumpsum amounts. scratch  It's written as if it's fact but I could not find any literature to back up this claim.
However, it's the OVO and they are privy to more information than us so maybe it's written on some magical secret tablet somewhere in a galaxy far far away.

"Some 36 of the 401 Veterans currently in receipt of the Extended Earnings Loss Benefit will reach the age of 65 in the next five years and will lose their monthly benefit [ Footnote 26.] There are also at present close to 3,000 SISIP Long Term Disability clients considered to be totally disabled who, if they remain totally disabled, will lose their SISIP income support benefit at age 65 as well [Footnote 27.] For Veterans in receipt of vocational rehabilitation services and the SISIP Long Term Disability income replacement benefit, the Supplementary Retirement Benefit is calculated from receipt of the SISIP Long Term Disability benefit since April 2006 until they attain age 65."

http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/reports/reports-reviews/reviewcharter01-examencharte01-01-2013#ebb

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2019, 21:33

That's the thing. How the SRB is calculated, is written into the NVC regulations, so they cannot just choose to say otherwise.

"29 The supplementary retirement benefit shall be paid as a lump sum in an amount equal to 2% of the total amount of earnings loss benefit that would have been payable to or in respect of the member or veteran, as the case may be, if no amounts from sources prescribed under subsection 19(1) or 23(3) of the Act were considered in determining the amount of earnings loss benefit payable."

"22 The following sources are prescribed for the purpose of the amount of variable B in subsection 19(1) of the Act:

• (a) [Repealed, SOR/2012-195, s. 1]
  • (b) benefits payable under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act, the Public Service Superannuation Act or the Employment Insurance Act;
  • (c) benefits payable under the Canada Pension Plan or the Act Respecting the Québec Pension Plan other than amounts payable for a dependent child;
  • (d) benefits payable under any employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance plan;
  • (e) benefits payable in respect of economic loss under the Government Employees Compensation Act or any provincial workers’ compensation legislation;
  • (f) amounts payable in respect of economic loss arising from legal liability to pay damages;
  • (g) amounts payable under an employer pension plan;
  • (h) employment earnings payable while the veteran is not participating in a rehabilitation plan or vocational assistance plan developed by the Minister or where the veteran is participating in such a plan and the sum of the earnings loss payable for a month plus the employment earnings for the month exceeds the veteran’s imputed income; and
  • (i) 50% of employment earnings payable while the veteran is participating in a rehabilitation plan or vocational assistance plan developed by the Minister so long as the sum of the earnings loss payable for a month plus the employment earnings for the month does not exceed the veteran’s imputed income."

"23 The following sources are prescribed for the purpose of subsection 23(3) of the Act:

• (a) [Repealed, SOR/2012-195, s. 2]
  • (b) benefits payable under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act or the Public Service Superannuation Act other than amounts payable for a dependent child;
  • (c) benefits payable under the Canada Pension Plan or the Act Respecting the Québec Pension Plan other than amounts payable for a dependent child;
  • (d) benefits payable under any employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance plan other than amounts payable for a dependent child;
  • (e) benefits payable in respect of economic loss under the Government Employees Compensation Act or any provincial workers’ compensation legislation other than amounts payable for a dependent child;
  • (f) amounts payable in respect of economic loss arising from legal liability to pay damages; and
  • (g) amounts payable under an employer pension plan other than amounts payable for a dependent child."
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 16:57

i will be keeping an eye on it for sure but got a good person who was able to tell me what they plan on doing and he was very clear when he told me that they would not be paying me for the sisip portion.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2019, 16:02

The person from VAC is wrong, and as usual, talking out the wrong side of their ass. If you were approved ELB 11 years ago, even if it was zeroed out by SISIP, the SRB is paid out on total ELB that WOULD HAVE BEEN EARNED, if there were no deductions whatsoever. If they try to cheat you, and only pay you based on 2 years of 15%, I would be going straight to the OVO and the media.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 15:40

got word back from VAC and they were able to give more details with my ? about supplementary retirement benefit and those of us who get 75% payment from SISIP and top up 15% from VAC. There response was that VAC will only be paying the 2% on the 15% top up payment portion that came into effect a few years ago so even though i been on EELB for over 11 years it will work out to be less than $200 for me so my good little buddy johnny i will have enough to pay for our breakfast next week. once the smoke clears and we get to see there real plan don't look as good as they always try to make it sound.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 08:36

Supremedebater wrote:I actually just took the time to read what snow boy said in his comments. “Bite the hand that feeds them” silly me, I didn’t realize you fed Veterans Snow man. I won’t get into what I have done for vets or toot my own horn. One shouldn’t help then brag. I will say this, if you think think that CM”S as well as front line workers do not prevent veterans from getting services your sadly either have your head in the sand or your lying to yourself. For example, this is just one small one. Most vets do not even know that they have to call in and request the cola for the VIP each year. Why are vets not informed about this or better yet automatically adjusted benefits when it comes to vip. You cannot sir there and say that Veterans should be up on all the benefits, policies, changes, notices, reassessments, applications , doctor appts etc and still be able to wake up every day and live life. I cannot believe you said Veterans should be up on all of it....when the sick And disabled have enough to deal with in every day life. Why should someone Serb they’re country then fight to get a piece of pension that they should not have to fight for. As for corruption and piss poor treatment of Veterans, snow boy send me a PM, you want to hear fucking corruption, outright mistreatment by Vac, Vrab, asshole John Larlee, I will tell you shit that will make your head spin chum. Your talking out your ass and your rank and position here, mean sweet shit. I could careless if you were chief of the meat heads or of the forces if it were. Here no one has rank. And I can imagine what you were like as a chief if your spewing chief garbage in here. The reality is. Veterans are not all treated equal.

Supreme out

Standing ovation...... clap clap clap clap clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Mon 25 Mar 2019, 08:29

I actually just took the time to read what snow boy said in his comments. “Bite the hand that feeds them” silly me, I didn’t realize you fed Veterans Snow man. I won’t get into what I have done for vets or toot my own horn. One shouldn’t help then brag. I will say this, if you think think that CM”S as well as front line workers do not prevent veterans from getting services your sadly either have your head in the sand or your lying to yourself. For example, this is just one small one. Most vets do not even know that they have to call in and request the cola for the VIP each year. Why are vets not informed about this or better yet automatically adjusted benefits when it comes to vip. You cannot sir there and say that Veterans should be up on all the benefits, policies, changes, notices, reassessments, applications , doctor appts etc and still be able to wake up every day and live life. I cannot believe you said Veterans should be up on all of it....when the sick And disabled have enough to deal with in every day life. Why should someone Serb they’re country then fight to get a piece of pension that they should not have to fight for. As for corruption and piss poor treatment of Veterans, snow boy send me a PM, you want to hear fucking corruption, outright mistreatment by Vac, Vrab, asshole John Larlee, I will tell you shit that will make your head spin chum. Your talking out your ass and your rank and position here, mean sweet shit. I could careless if you were chief of the meat heads or of the forces if it were. Here no one has rank. And I can imagine what you were like as a chief if your spewing chief garbage in here. The reality is. Veterans are not all treated equal.

Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 07:55

Bruce72 wrote:
Snowshower wrote:For the record, it is Chief Warrant Officer (Ret'd|) M.E. "Myke" Hamm, MMM, CD.  30 years service as a career military policeman, including the last six years as the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service CWO.  From 2009 until 2013, while CFNIS CWO, I oversaw the death investigations of every single member of the Canadian Forces to die, which includes a vast number of our glorious war dead.  I have seen more post mortems than I care to remember, and for the last 15 years of my service career, I lectured thousands of soldiers on looking after others with PTSD.  I have personally filled out the required paperwork for over 25 veterans who were highly successful in gaining pensions for injuries they suffered while serving, and a great deal of those members were NOT military police.  I joined this forum with a view to helping Veterans.  What I have learned in my short time here, that this is not a place for soldiers to come for help....it appears to be just another one of those sites that gets its kicks out of slamming Veterans Affairs because they have personal axes to grind.  Not an issue for me, ladies and gentlemen...I can find other places to help Vets, without having them bite the hands that feed them.  In my 15 years dealing with VAC, from old Charter to new...I have NEVER had an issue with VAC...perhaps I am just lucky...or perhaps I have realistic expectations of the world.  Who would have thought that after being up to my neck in blood and sexual assault victims that I would come to a place like this, and be attacked by Prince drumroll...have a great day folks.  I now understand why some people hide behind fake names and post on sites like this...

WARRANT OFFICER MICHAEL ERNEST HAMM, M.M.M., C.D.
Order of Military Merit
Member of Military Merit (M.M.M.)
Awarded on: September 29, 2003
Invested on: June 11, 2004

Mike, I think it's important to remember that not everyone can enjoy a long career, for many reasons.

It's also important to remember that your experiences with VAC do not necessarily reflect other people's experiences with VAC.

Cheers

Wow, we are now putting up our own personal information to validate to all that we are the “Man”

What a fucking jerk.  Look at me, look at my awards, look at my accommodation.  Still drinking the kool-aid Mike? Bossing people around at VAC was not enough that you have to come here and flex your mighty might.

Don’t diminish your long time career with spouting shit here.

PS: as our jerk off PM states, he experienced it differently.

Back to top Go down

Post by exarmyguy Mon 25 Mar 2019, 07:03

I can tell you in 2006 I asked repeatedly about applying for new benefits and was told repeatedly that I did not qualify and I could not even apply for them.

in 2009 I got a new cm and she said why have you not applied for all these benefits? I was very upset and to be honest sad and depressed for a long time thinking how for 3 years I was lied to by several at vac including my cm at the time. I applied and was granted all that I applied for which was a life changing event as far as money goes anyway.

i even had a cpl at vac say i should just be happy with what i got and go on my way and even one vac person on phone say to me well whats so wrong with you anyway and why do you think you deserve those benefits . said a lot of you guys making stuff up. it tore me to the core. so yes it happens and sounds like it happens alot

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next