Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 13 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by bigrex Sun 24 Mar 2019, 21:39

Well, you indeed have been one of the lucky ones, getting to serve a full career. One thing I didn't see in your spiel though, is the level of disability or the type of disability you suffer from. I've been pretty lucky myself, having had 4 claims approved, totalling 90%, under both PA and NVC, but have also seen how unfair the system can be, having had other claims denied, or reduced, by saying that the disabilities were merely a coincidence, or a simple statement I made when I joined, at the age of 18. But honestly, you happened to join the site, at possibly the worst time possible, with VAC on the verge of cutting benefits, and NVC Veterans, who were promised that the Liberals would reestablish the life long pension, are now being told that their new pension may be reduced, to the point of being useless, simply because they were forced to take a lump sum payment, at some point during the last 13 years. Why would anyone think that Veterans would be singing their praises for VAC? After all, most of the Veterans who come here, are the ones who in need of help. If everyone had a great experience dealing with them, a site like this wouldn't need to exist.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 13 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 21:27

Bruce72 wrote:
Snowshower wrote:For the record, it is Chief Warrant Officer (Ret'd|) M.E. "Myke" Hamm, MMM, CD.  30 years service as a career military policeman, including the last six years as the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service CWO.  From 2009 until 2013, while CFNIS CWO, I oversaw the death investigations of every single member of the Canadian Forces to die, which includes a vast number of our glorious war dead.  I have seen more post mortems than I care to remember, and for the last 15 years of my service career, I lectured thousands of soldiers on looking after others with PTSD.  I have personally filled out the required paperwork for over 25 veterans who were highly successful in gaining pensions for injuries they suffered while serving, and a great deal of those members were NOT military police.  I joined this forum with a view to helping Veterans.  What I have learned in my short time here, that this is not a place for soldiers to come for help....it appears to be just another one of those sites that gets its kicks out of slamming Veterans Affairs because they have personal axes to grind.  Not an issue for me, ladies and gentlemen...I can find other places to help Vets, without having them bite the hands that feed them.  In my 15 years dealing with VAC, from old Charter to new...I have NEVER had an issue with VAC...perhaps I am just lucky...or perhaps I have realistic expectations of the world.  Who would have thought that after being up to my neck in blood and sexual assault victims that I would come to a place like this, and be attacked by Prince drumroll...have a great day folks.  I now understand why some people hide behind fake names and post on sites like this...

WARRANT OFFICER MICHAEL ERNEST HAMM, M.M.M., C.D.
Order of Military Merit
Member of Military Merit (M.M.M.)
Awarded on: September 29, 2003
Invested on: June 11, 2004

Mike, I think it's important to remember that not everyone can enjoy a long career, for many reasons.

It's also important to remember that your experiences with VAC do not necessarily reflect other people's experiences with VAC.

Cheers

This fella will likely become a "Guest" again Sad and that is a shame this forum not only needs an expert it needs this man contribution. I bet he is a wealth of info and has many sources that can benefit us all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 21:17

Snowshower wrote:For the record, it is Chief Warrant Officer (Ret'd|) M.E. "Myke" Hamm, MMM, CD.  30 years service as a career military policeman, including the last six years as the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service CWO.  From 2009 until 2013, while CFNIS CWO, I oversaw the death investigations of every single member of the Canadian Forces to die, which includes a vast number of our glorious war dead.  I have seen more post mortems than I care to remember, and for the last 15 years of my service career, I lectured thousands of soldiers on looking after others with PTSD.  I have personally filled out the required paperwork for over 25 veterans who were highly successful in gaining pensions for injuries they suffered while serving, and a great deal of those members were NOT military police.  I joined this forum with a view to helping Veterans.  What I have learned in my short time here, that this is not a place for soldiers to come for help....it appears to be just another one of those sites that gets its kicks out of slamming Veterans Affairs because they have personal axes to grind.  Not an issue for me, ladies and gentlemen...I can find other places to help Vets, without having them bite the hands that feed them.  In my 15 years dealing with VAC, from old Charter to new...I have NEVER had an issue with VAC...perhaps I am just lucky...or perhaps I have realistic expectations of the world.  Who would have thought that after being up to my neck in blood and sexual assault victims that I would come to a place like this, and be attacked by Prince drumroll...have a great day folks.  I now understand why some people hide behind fake names and post on sites like this...

WARRANT OFFICER MICHAEL ERNEST HAMM, M.M.M., C.D.
Order of Military Merit
Member of Military Merit (M.M.M.)
Awarded on: September 29, 2003
Invested on: June 11, 2004

Mike, I think it's important to remember that not everyone can enjoy a long career, for many reasons.

It's also important to remember that your experiences with VAC do not necessarily reflect other people's experiences with VAC.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sun 24 Mar 2019, 21:13

ive had good CMs and bad ones . ive had one that denied me and many other in this are to even APPLY for NVC benefits . that CM did this deliberately !!! she knew the law because I told her the law . snail and e-mailed her the legislation . sent her links to the law and her own VAC website and was still refused .

called VAC to get some random person to send the applications . filled them out and sent them in but apparently they went to my CM . they went no further . don't know if she physically threw them in the garbage but the effect was the same .

in the end she was removed from that position and all had success with there claims . I myself got everything I applied for fast and without issue .

if this could happen to a bunch of people I know at the same I would find it hard to believe that same CM didn't do it to others I didn't know at that time . nor do I believe she was the only one to ever to do something like this in the history of the DVA .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:43

Snowshower wrote:What you said was they have ulterior motives to keep benefits secret.  You did not say that they had issues with incompetent or untrained staff, which is likely the case...but to accuse VAC of deliberately denying benefits from a veteran, and willfully plotting against the veteran is a serious allegation.  As for the cameras, have you been to an IPSC unit in the military lately?  They are all military, and they have themselves locked in behind closed doors from serving members who are being medically released.  The reality is there are arseholes, like I can be when triggered, that can get out of hand...and there are also people in this world, and that includes Veterans, who will become abusive.  The camera is there to record the truth.  I have no issues with cameras and I have no issues with the truth.  Its fairy tales I have issues with.  Every organization, including the military, have great staff, and not so great staff...but to accuse an organization of willfully secreting benefits away from Vets, that is irresponsible without a concrete example...and I don't mean that my buddy heard that Tom's wife Josephine once had a Case Manager who would deliberately throw her applications in the garbage and deliberately hide benefits from her.  

It is every Veteran's responsibility to understand the system.  Most chose not to read and rely on others.  And then there are those who blame the system, because they served 4 years in the military, got out and became a civilian mechanic for 25 years not wearing ear protection, and then get pissed when VAC denies them a hearing loss pension, because their release medical shows perfect hearing when they got out at 25 years old...that's an actual case. The person screamed that VAC was treating them unfairly...no, VAC was telling them its not the military's fault you lost your hearing, it is George's Auto Service who let you use an impact hammer without ear protection. I could go on for years about people's sense of entitlement these days, but I don't want to insult the truly injured Veterans out there...especially those who were actually injured due to their service, and not those who spent 15 minutes in the military, didn't like it, got out...and then spent 45 years working construction.  They suddenly got old, hard of hearing, and decide that their 15 minutes in the military ,must have caused that....and not the 45 years slamming a jackhammer as a civilian....but I digress...time to up my Cipralex!
well “brother” it just so happens I am pursuing legal action against a CM who mislead me, so it does happen. I’ve had numerous CMs over the years, but no one was up front with me over receiving VIP and CIA which l now receive, and l only learned about CIAS through this forum. It’s too easy to say “ it’s the veterans responsibility to understand the system”, when some of those veterans are pretty fucked up, it’s great that VAC has a shiny website, most homeless vets don’t own a computer. I’ve learned more here in a few months that decades with CMs, and I pass it on, that’s what real “ brothers” do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:35

For the record, it is Chief Warrant Officer (Ret'd|) M.E. "Myke" Hamm, MMM, CD.  30 years service as a career military policeman, including the last six years as the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service CWO.  From 2009 until 2013, while CFNIS CWO, I oversaw the death investigations of every single member of the Canadian Forces to die, which includes a vast number of our glorious war dead.  I have seen more post mortems than I care to remember, and for the last 15 years of my service career, I lectured thousands of soldiers on looking after others with PTSD.  I have personally filled out the required paperwork for over 25 veterans who were highly successful in gaining pensions for injuries they suffered while serving, and a great deal of those members were NOT military police.  I joined this forum with a view to helping Veterans.  What I have learned in my short time here, that this is not a place for soldiers to come for help....it appears to be just another one of those sites that gets its kicks out of slamming Veterans Affairs because they have personal axes to grind.  Not an issue for me, ladies and gentlemen...I can find other places to help Vets, without having them bite the hands that feed them.  In my 15 years dealing with VAC, from old Charter to new...I have NEVER had an issue with VAC...perhaps I am just lucky...or perhaps I have realistic expectations of the world.  Who would have thought that after being up to my neck in blood and sexual assault victims that I would come to a place like this, and be attacked by Prince drumroll...have a great day folks.  I now understand why some people hide behind fake names and post on sites like this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:21

Supremedebater wrote:
Rifleman wrote:Snowshower take your babbling somewhere else this topic is about SRB not defending VAC

YUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP

Storage Wars! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:15

Rifleman wrote:Snowshower take your babbling somewhere else this topic is about SRB not defending VAC

YUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:14

Ya no I shouldn’t have to do that if people stopped defending Vac. Next topic will be how great Vrab is. I don’t care to hear it. Go blab somewhere else about a different topic !

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:04

Sup'bater under profile select preferences then select no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 24 Mar 2019, 20:01

Snowshower take your babbling somewhere else this topic is about SRB not defending VAC

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sun 24 Mar 2019, 19:53

Let’s stick to the topic. I hate getting notifications for crap.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sun 24 Mar 2019, 19:52

I thought this was about the lump SRB?

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 19:49

CWO (R.td) Snowshower:
Did you work for VAC or a client for 15 years? Smile
The Cavalry is here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2019, 19:15

What you said was they have ulterior motives to keep benefits secret. You did not say that they had issues with incompetent or untrained staff, which is likely the case...but to accuse VAC of deliberately denying benefits from a veteran, and willfully plotting against the veteran is a serious allegation. As for the cameras, have you been to an IPSC unit in the military lately? They are all military, and they have themselves locked in behind closed doors from serving members who are being medically released. The reality is there are arseholes, like I can be when triggered, that can get out of hand...and there are also people in this world, and that includes Veterans, who will become abusive. The camera is there to record the truth. I have no issues with cameras and I have no issues with the truth. Its fairy tales I have issues with. Every organization, including the military, have great staff, and not so great staff...but to accuse an organization of willfully secreting benefits away from Vets, that is irresponsible without a concrete example...and I don't mean that my buddy heard that Tom's wife Josephine once had a Case Manager who would deliberately throw her applications in the garbage and deliberately hide benefits from her.

It is every Veteran's responsibility to understand the system. Most chose not to read and rely on others. And then there are those who blame the system, because they served 4 years in the military, got out and became a civilian mechanic for 25 years not wearing ear protection, and then get pissed when VAC denies them a hearing loss pension, because their release medical shows perfect hearing when they got out at 25 years old...that's an actual case. The person screamed that VAC was treating them unfairly...no, VAC was telling them its not the military's fault you lost your hearing, it is George's Auto Service who let you use an impact hammer without ear protection. I could go on for years about people's sense of entitlement these days, but I don't want to insult the truly injured Veterans out there...especially those who were actually injured due to their service, and not those who spent 15 minutes in the military, didn't like it, got out...and then spent 45 years working construction. They suddenly got old, hard of hearing, and decide that their 15 minutes in the military ,must have caused that....and not the 45 years slamming a jackhammer as a civilian....but I digress...time to up my Cipralex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next