Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REHAB termination/suspension protocol

+2
derngt
Unknown Soldier
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

REHAB termination/suspension protocol  - Page 2 Empty Re: REHAB termination/suspension protocol

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 26 Aug 2019, 14:29

derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:If VAC sends you to a psychiatrist, and the shrink prescribes pills that “may” help you with psych issues, but you refuse to take them. Can VAC then say you are not working your REHAB plan and cut you off.?

Yes is the short..Benefits can be denied..I recently talk with a vet who was not actively seeking help and he was denied...
my definition of "not seeking help" would be refusing to attend a physician or psychologist office for a firm diagnosis, but isnt it against the law to force someone to take a drug they dont want to try.?

I agree you cant be forced to take medication
So then shouldn’t it be illegal for VAC to force someone under duress to take a medication out of fear of losing their benefits, the veteran would take it whether or not it worked just to be able to pay their bills. And yet psych meds are a trial an error scenario with some pills making the client worse.

If medication can help why not take them..Or at least agree to take them...What you do with the prescription after is up to you..Save a lot of grief
taking the pills and flushing them would be worse than refusing them imo,but some of the side effects of these drugs ,lethargy, weight gain,worse still increase in suicidal or homicidal thoughts in some ,to me would not be worth the risk
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

REHAB termination/suspension protocol  - Page 2 Empty Re: REHAB termination/suspension protocol

Post by derngt Mon 26 Aug 2019, 13:49

Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:If VAC sends you to a psychiatrist, and the shrink prescribes pills that “may” help you with psych issues, but you refuse to take them. Can VAC then say you are not working your REHAB plan and cut you off.?

Yes is the short..Benefits can be denied..I recently talk with a vet who was not actively seeking help and he was denied...
my definition of "not seeking help" would be refusing to attend a physician or psychologist office for a firm diagnosis, but isnt it against the law to force someone to take a drug they dont want to try.?

So then shouldn’t it be illegal for VAC to force someone under duress to take a medication out of fear of losing their benefits, the veteran would take it whether or not it worked just to be able to pay their bills. And yet psych meds are a trial an error scenario with some pills making the client worse.

If medication can help why not take them..Or at least agree to take them...What you do with the prescription after is up to you..Save a lot of grief

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 26 Aug 2019, 13:06

derngt wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Mon 26 Aug 2019, 12:39

Unknown Soldier wrote:
derngt wrote:

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 26 Aug 2019, 11:46

derngt wrote:

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Mon 26 Aug 2019, 11:25

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

REHAB termination/suspension protocol  - Page 2 Empty To be more specific...

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 14 Aug 2019, 12:16

If VAC sends you to a psychiatrist, and the shrink prescribes pills that “may” help you with psych issues, but you refuse to take them. Can VAC then say you are not working your REHAB plan and cut you off.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

REHAB termination/suspension protocol  - Page 2 Empty REHAB termination/suspension protocol

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 13 Aug 2019, 18:27

Has anyone here gone through this.? I tried to read the VAC explanation but as usual it’s confusing. From what I’m understanding, they have to give you written confirmation of their intention to remove you from Rehab/IRB. Then programs you’ve been attending are suspended but monthly payments continue. Then if over the next 6 months there is no change in the reason they are pulling the plug on you, the monthly payments stop as well. Does that sound about right, or can VAC notify you by mail of their intentions and then just suddenly close up your file, the next day after you’ve been notified, with no 6 month buffer.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2