Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits

+3
AirLog
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Rubicon
7 posters

Go down

COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits Empty Re: COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits

Post by Gunner8 Mon 13 Jan 2020, 09:28

Propat, I guess that could be it. It did increase by around $160 a month. I was just curious as it changed twice in a few weeks. Also, the pension that I get, the monthly one for the percentage of disability award I’ve received in the past, that the liberals brought into effect, that increased by $6 a month. Was curious about that to. Thanks.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits Empty Re: COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits

Post by propat Mon 13 Jan 2020, 08:39

gunner do you know if you are getting the additional 1% annual for your IRB if so that may explain it .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Sat 11 Jan 2020, 21:08

Au total , vous avez 1.9% d'augmentation ??

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 20:01

Yes but why did it change twice? Also, inflation on the pension payment?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Sat 11 Jan 2020, 19:47

1.9% inflation.

Peace
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 16:05

I noticed back in December my IRB and ASPC increased. Now today I looked again, and I noticed that my IRB increased even more, and also my additional monthly amount increased as well ( pension). Anyone else notice the his? If so, why ? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 25 Dec 2019, 12:08

AirLog wrote:When is COLA effective? I see the new numbers on my VAC account but the Dec payment doesn't reflect these new numbers. Will COLA be reflected in the January 2020 payment?

AirLog

You will see it for the Jan 2020 payment. Go into your VAC account and you will see your Jan payment. Then compare it to the one you just got. You will see the an increase of 1.9%
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Wed 25 Dec 2019, 10:57

Les nouveaux paiement à partir de janvier 2020 ??
L'inflation est de 2%.
Mes augmentations pour Janvier 2020 sont de 1.8%....
Est ce que c'est définitif ces augmentations pour janvier 2020 ??
Est ce qu'il y aura d'autres ajustements??
En sachant que l'inflation est de 2%....
Merci de répondre

Peace
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 24 Dec 2019, 20:08

When is COLA effective? I see the new numbers on my VAC account but the Dec payment doesn't reflect these new numbers. Will COLA be reflected in the January 2020 payment?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2019, 09:17

COLA stands for "Cost of Living Allowance". It is applied yearly based on the rate of inflation, which was approximately 1.9% for 2019.

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 11 Dec 2019, 09:03

What is COLA stands for?
Thanks!

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Wed 04 Dec 2019, 14:29

I see it now Six-Actual. Had to subtract the December amount from the new totals for both the disability benefits and the same for the financial benefits. In my case it was an increase of $24.25 to the disability benefits and $40.92 to the financial benefits.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 14:15

This is the yearly COLA, not the corrective pension payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Wed 04 Dec 2019, 13:43

Nothing on my MY VAC Account and I'm owed for a PA disability from 23 March 2006. It will be peanuts but I have heard nothing about it in my case.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits Empty COLA Has Been Applied to VAC Benefits

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 12:37

COLA has been applied to VAC benefits and should be visible on My VAC Account. I just logged on and noticed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down