Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving fm an A client too a B.

2 posters

Go down

Moving fm an A client too a B.  Empty Re: Moving fm an A client too a B.

Post by johnny211 Mon 18 Jan 2021, 15:29

Unknown Soldier, Tks, I’ll post updates on how it all goes..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 18 Jan 2021, 11:14

johnny211 wrote:I’m just curious if anyone else has been thru this, or got moved fm A too B. Let me explain.
A Vets approved injuries in a SDA is what is reqd to be a B client as per yr VIP.
When I got VIP while still serving, it was due to frostbite, which entitled me to be an A client.
      A few yrs After release, my ptsd became quite severe. So from then fwd my VIP was reassessed,
And I was given house cleaning and grass cutting due to my ptsd issues. And in my yearly blue cross
Calls on my VIP, my ptsd was always discussed. I am Dec, over 100%.
    So a few months ago, I asked to be moved too a B client, because my VIP was linked to my SDA. I got declined.
About a mth ago I put in an appeal. Although no longer on yr Vac card, the A and B grids are still used thru Blue cross.
     Hope I didn’t make this too confusing. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. VVV...

I went through this, initially A but also had SDA injuries, applied was denied, appealed and won. Every soldiers situation is different, all I can say is , be as though and documenting as you can during your appeal process, because let’s not kid ourselves, the 1st and 2nd level of Appeal, is basically VAC investigating itself for showing poor judgement. It’s rare they are going to rat on themselves, but hey, the facts don’t lie, if you have the proof how can they argue it. But from what I’ve heard, this is a very hard one to win, as from my understanding VAC does not like to include PTSD as a reason to be awarded either VIP or B class blue cross.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Moving fm an A client too a B.  Empty Moving fm an A client too a B.

Post by johnny211 Sun 17 Jan 2021, 15:29

I’m just curious if anyone else has been thru this, or got moved fm A too B. Let me explain.
A Vets approved injuries in a SDA is what is reqd to be a B client as per yr VIP.
When I got VIP while still serving, it was due to frostbite, which entitled me to be an A client.
A few yrs After release, my ptsd became quite severe. So from then fwd my VIP was reassessed,
And I was given house cleaning and grass cutting due to my ptsd issues. And in my yearly blue cross
Calls on my VIP, my ptsd was always discussed. I am Dec, over 100%.
So a few months ago, I asked to be moved too a B client, because my VIP was linked to my SDA. I got declined.
About a mth ago I put in an appeal. Although no longer on yr Vac card, the A and B grids are still used thru Blue cross.
Hope I didn’t make this too confusing. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down