Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Class Action

5 posters

Go down

New Class Action Empty Re: New Class Action

Post by BinRat Thu 07 Sep 2023, 16:33

Teentitan wrote:If I remember correctly he is the lead plaintiff so he can see the info.  
Also his email address is from the law firm handling the lawsuit so it comes under their security.

Actually reading this press report he is a Partner with Diamond and Diamond

"Michael Blois, a partner at the Toronto personal injury law firm Diamond & Diamond"

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 07 Sep 2023, 16:27

Is this the same one we are talking about here, or is this a completely different lawsuit ??? this is all it says, and you get no description of what it is exactly about

It's From Diamond and Diamond Own website
https://diamondlaw.ca/class-actions/veterans-disability-benefits-deduction/

Updates
July 2023:

We write to provide you with a further update beyond the update provided in March 2023. We are working towards a certification motion, which has not yet been scheduled. For your information, a certification motion is where the court allows us to proceed as a class action. To date, we have served opposing counsel with our Notice of Motion and are in the midst of completing cross-examinations of both parties.
March 2023:

We write to provide you with an update. We are working towards a certification motion, which has not yet been scheduled. However, we have served our motion materials to opposing counsel. For your information, a certification motion is where the court allows us to proceed as a class action.

My bad I found the description or short blurp of it..

"This case purports to Represent Veterans who have faced undue delay in accessing benefits and
awards to which they are rightfully entitled to After year's of Service.

We are seeking to represent those Veterans who have been impacted"

Man I'd need like 2 weeks to just go through my massive amount of paperwork I have here to find application date, and my Decision notices, like I', looking at 1000's of pages and boxes but, and can look see what I can find if it helps..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Sat 02 Sep 2023, 14:52

Teentitan wrote:If I remember correctly he is the lead plaintiff so he can see the info.  
Also his email address is from the law firm handling the lawsuit so it comes under their security.

Thanks I missed the entire lawyer email.

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 02 Sep 2023, 14:37

If I remember correctly he is the lead plaintiff so he can see the info.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

derngt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Sat 02 Sep 2023, 05:07

Unknown Soldier wrote:
Kramer wrote:FYI

From Mike Blois (Admin at Canadian Afghanistan War Veterans Association):
Hello everyone.  I am running a class action lawsuit against the federal government for failing to meet their own standards for wait times on applications for benefits to VAC.  I am at a point now that I need to start compiling names and wait times.  If you were interested in providing this information to me, you can email it to me michael@diamondlaw.ca  The information I require is your name, the injury you put your claim in for, the date that you completed your application and the date that you received the final decision from Veterans Affairs.  If you don't know the date, you can put in how many weeks you waited.

It will look something like this;

Michael Blois, hearing loss, February 2007, July 2007.  If you don't know the exact day, but you know the month as I put above then do that.  The more robust of a list we have the better position we will be in feel free to share my email address with anyone you believe would be interested in sending their information to me.  All the information you share with me is privileged and will be kept absolutely confidential.
* so basically every veteran? Was there ever a veteran who put in a claim and received a positive outcome in under a year?

How can you run a class Action. The information you are asking can and is personal. Shouldnt that information be sent to the lawyer that is taking this case...

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 30 Jun 2023, 11:42

Kramer wrote:FYI

Hello everyone.  I am running a class action lawsuit against the federal government for failing to meet their own standards for wait times on applications for benefits to VAC.  I am at a point now that I need to start compiling names and wait times.  If you were interested in providing this information to me, you can email it to me michael@diamondlaw.ca  The information I require is your name, the injury you put your claim in for, the date that you completed your application and the date that you received the final decision from Veterans Affairs.  If you don't know the date, you can put in how many weeks you waited.

Michael Blois, hearing loss, February 2007, July 2007.  If you don't know the exact day, but you know the month as I put above then do that.  The more robust of a list we have the better position we will be in feel free to share my email address with anyone you believe would be interested in sending their information to me.  All the information you share with me is privileged and will be kept absolutely confidential.
* so basically every veteran? Was there ever a veteran who put in a claim and received a positive outcome in under a year?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

New Class Action Empty New Class Action

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Jun 2023, 10:59

FYI

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down