Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich Empty Re: Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 00:21

why would our lawers conceed anything so that the sum zero cliants can wait to have their clawback ended far later than the rest.why did peter say they are in talks to end the clawback and if they cant get it done they will petition the court for an order i was wondering at the time why wasnt an order asked for imidiatly and then verry shortly after came the order.hence no need to have it as part of the negotiation.but dont worry if it was part of the negotiation it will show up in the agreement maybe not stating what it was traded for but in the lines of the agreement.i still cant see lawers trading away someting to get in turn onother thing that was ordered by the judge hence for nothing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich Empty Re: Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

Post by bigrex Mon 17 Dec 2012, 23:26

Propat, the lawyers had of agreed to some stipulation, or else those payments would have started in July with the current SISIP clients, instead of waiting until the end of October, and the lawyers saying that they were negotiating getting them started. Who knows, Mr Toope may have said that the lawyer could choose, early reinstatement of Zero sum clients or Legal fees, but not both.

I just wish that once everything is done, Peter tells us all what exactly happened during the negotiations, offers, counter-offers, everything.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:31

we gave nothing up it was on the judges order prior to the deal hence not optional and not part of the negotiations.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:27

CuffnLink wrote:I wonder what sacrifices we made to get the going forward payments being made prior to the actual proposal?

Great question! SISIP has sent me no LTD confirmation letter and this is a good time for the law firm to earn their keep. I feel this gag order is keeping the lawyers from advocating for their clients.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:27

buds i here ya but you are talking about guys that are at ore in some cases close to the 100% disabled mark.some of these guys didnt have 10 years in and left with no frakin legs like my freind down the frakin road.he had to stand by so to speek and watch thoes who were getting monthly payments have their clawback stoped and still get nothing.yup he is fully disabled and only now getting his ltd and if you want to call him and the rest like him a winner you giver kid i guess thats your oppinion but dont expect me to agree with it ore express my oppinion as freely as you expressed yours.

just my frackin oppinion

propat

frack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:25

Thank you , Mr.Rex , that's what I meant, no offence , Propat but there are real winners and losers in this case, the biggest GOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:21

I wonder what sacrifices we made to get the going forward payments being made prior to the actual proposal?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:16

Propat, I think he was just saying that because of the reinstatement of zero sum clients, they will have the benefit of the go forward payments,which could easily equal 15-20 thousand per year, while the majority of the class will only be getting this one time reduced payment.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:08

ok barton i gota tell ya buds we will all win ore loose equally to single out one part of the class that stand to loose the same percentage as you and in the end far more money than you and call them the only winners in this class is uncalled for.some of these guys have lost homes and families becouse they have not been payed their,in some cases 3000+ dollars a month.and why becouse they are the moast disabled amongst us.and you want to call them winners.why dont you just think about that for a while.

propat

Last edited by propat on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:03

I believe there is a wee bit of exageration going on with how much time the lawyers have put in. Lawyers always have more than one client. To say that our team spent all their time in the last 5 years working on this case is way out in left field.
I would estimate that on the high end of actual hours used on this case is below 1/4 of what you stated, perhaps even less. More hours are necessary before court appearances and meeting with GOC lawyers. But hardly enough to warrant a full team working 100% of the time on just our case.
I will give you this that this last year has been pure hell for us for all the stalling being done, so maybe just maybe the lawyers have been working for the last little bit full time on our case. Maybe.
How about the judge just award every member of the law office 2 million each. Then everybody goes home wealthy and a big smile on their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:02

I would be happy if I was owed 10000 and got 10000 after deductions anything else is a lost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:00

The lawyers need to know what will make us happy!
If we are owed $10000 retro we expect $10000 after taxes and fees !

I think this is doable if it isn't get back into court!
I do not give a flying truck how you do it Just do it Peter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:58

I seem to agree with Mr.Rex , I don't mine paying the law firm but the figure of 180000000 is too steep of a price for me, there are too many in this class that might only get 10000 and they have to hand over half once the deductions are made, no way, I actually think I need meds if I hear one more person who actually thinks this 180000000 figure is justified. What about 30 million or 50 million, some companies don't make that in profit! I hate to say this but the only winners in this law suit will be the zero sums who are reinstated, the lawyers and the GOC. There are only 900 zero sums who for the most part will continue to get a cheque until 65, the lawyers because they are truly cleaning up with that 30 percent figure and the GOC who got out of paying damages , not paying legal fees , will get a huge amount back in income tax and HST once money is spent plus I will puke now, but the GOC will announce at the end of this settlement how they care and love veterans and gave millions, the PR value of this lawsuit is in the billions for the GOC . I really feel ill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:54

I agree!

So based on your research and if our settlement reaches 600 million what should the firm received?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:52

Back silver you need a comfort dog! That understands numbers so Fido can giggle with your math expertise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next