Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC

2 posters

Go down

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC Empty Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC

Post by Rubicon Mon 06 Nov 2023, 11:08

Good morning sports1977. You are correct ref the rehab part while on DEC. The rehab/treatment continues regardless even once DEC stops at age 65. My source on this info is a social worker currently working with veteran(s) affected by PCVRS interference affecting their DEC finances. I should have more info after a meeting on 11 November after the Remembrance Day ceremony. Said social worker was so pissed off for her client that she said she was contacting her local MP. It is nice to see it isn't just the veteran opposed to PCVRS and their overreach. IMO PCVRS is a waste of money that could have gone to VAC directly to better handle veteran caseload rather than create another bureaucratic middle man to muddy the waters. MTF

Rubicon ...
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC Empty Re: Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC

Post by sports1977 Mon 06 Nov 2023, 06:30

Hello,

I might be Wrong but being DEC doesn't mean you do not mean you not in Rehab. You are still DEC but in Rehab to get more help and managed to make sure you get the treatment you need.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC Empty Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC

Post by Rubicon Sun 05 Nov 2023, 18:32

While this article is from 20 March 2023 it is enlightening just the same. I heard a nasty rumour this week that PCVRS has started reversing some DEC decisions and putting veterans back into Rehab. It is only a rumour but I am curious if any one else has heard similar or been negatively affected by PCVRS as it pertains to their DEC. While I do not believe that PCVRS has the authority to do this, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to this Liberal Government, VAC nor PCVRS.

https://carolhughes.ndp.ca/news/end-outsourcing-veterans-affairs-rehabilitation-and-mental-health-services#:~:text=PCVRS%20is%20a%20joint%20venture,services%20company%20owned%20by%20Loblaws.

Rubicon ...
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC Empty Re: Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS) versus DEC

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down