Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD? Empty Re: Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD?

Post by peep Fri 07 Dec 2012, 17:15

so their is only 5 of us?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD? Empty Re: Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD?

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 07 Dec 2012, 09:18

I was zeroed out and on CPP D since 1997.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Fri 07 Dec 2012, 09:05

Peep, Sparrow, I am thinking that one of the reasons a part of the delay is to make sure that all of the ones that aren't cleared, will be or yet will receive official letters so they can counter the refusal by an arbitral person outside Sisip. It would be more then fair that everyone knows where they stand before accepting or not the package. My opinion!

Last edited by K9 on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 09:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : re edit)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 07 Dec 2012, 08:58

I am CPP (D) and was Zero Sumed, but later closed.

Wounder when the rest of us will be heard?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 04:22

I am also receiving CPPD and ZEROED out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 08:39

I too am a Zero Sum back to 2004, i have not heard anything from SISIP since then. I can only hope our lawyers and the Feds have our best interests in mind. Im not sure where the Grid lock is on the Zero Sum vets. I agree the CCP disability was the most difficult process I encountered, and seems reasonable that SISIP would use that as a good benchmark. Anyways Chin up Lads... take care... Bfn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 18:53

I agree on the necessity for patience for all.

Thank you to everyone for their comments on here, they are a daily source of relief, sort of like changing a wound dressing, it only lasts so long before it needs a scratch or treatment, oltherwise it just won't heal.

I have been on CPP since 2002, dismissed medically in 2004 with a reduced annuity from the CF (indexed yearly, but clawed back), as well as Pension Act at 92%. I was informed by SISIP on release that i was covered, but due to the gross amount added together it was in excess of 75% of my previous salary.
There was a final letter sent in 2006 by SISIP stating i was further covered as i was totally disabled by their regulations, but due to the previous amounts still in effect i was a zero sum client and they gave me a contact name, just in case any of my monetary sources changed enough to warrant engaging the SISIP plan beyond my 2 yr term. No education amount or any other services were paid out by SISIP. Due to the monies they saved i would have hoped to be sent a "letter" that i was removed from their books for any further payments, as i had a duty to inform them of any changes in my monetary sources. If they state that we are still on the books, but archived then how can they state they don't know who we are, and need outside help from other Federal or Provincial sources.

Further to this i was sent in 2006, by VAC, ELB paperwork,and at the time i was filling it out i thought at least they would understand what section 30 of the Pension Act was intended for. They replied saying (after i filled it out and sent it in, officially) that i made too much income.. ?

I am a Pension Act recipient. I never applied for Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA=taxable) as once applied for and granted you may not switch to a Exceptional Impairment Allowance(EIA=non taxable) no matter how high you go on the scale of impairments. To this I accept a monthly taxable loss, but in the governments wisdom it is not to my benefit to hand over more taxable income for momentary gain.

some salt on the wound, the finality of this ongoing settlement may or would in effect negate any further claims or suits in regards to SISIP, so there may be no subclass once they close the doors on these current negotiations.

If it were not for this class action i would not see any of the funds, not $1. Thank you all for your comments, they do make a difference...

I am not being paid, maybe some day a call or letter will arrive from SISIP on starting my LTD payments, so i continue to be a zerosum client, eight years and counting..

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 20:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and more comments without adding another post)

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 16:29

It has also been my experience as well FFoundry. SISIP, VAC want to pay but they know it has to go thru the negotiations then be approved by Judge Barnes.

The next meeting on 23 August should really have some good info on zero sum clients who are identified by SISIP and VAC as disabled and unable to work. So administratively this will be like picking the low fruit on the tree to reinstate LTD then sort out the retro payment later.

Like I've said on other threads we need to show more patience during the negotiations but we can voice who we are, and if we are on CPP Disability or deemed disabled to work. These threads are read by the "higher ups" so they will get the idea we are not working and need the LTD reinstated sooner rather than later.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 14:54

I am zeroed out and STILL! being CLAWED BACK and on CPP diability and the story I get from SISIP is that SISIP is waiting for the go ahead from the goverment to release the funds! and they have to get approvel as to how far back they can go, "so I ask how about just start as of Jun 1st 2012 and sort out the rest when your bosses get of the pot"? and of course it is rewind the tape time and we start all over again. So I guess we wait and hope Justice Barnes pushes to Reinstate Zero Sum Clients Immediately for the good off us all, and I hope that this leaves no one else out in the cold period.

Just a quick reminder when talking to some of the people on the phone in the last few phone calls with DVA and SISIP I have noted that they all seem to feel our frustration and have a understanding of how frustrating this all is, this of course has been my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 02:30

that would be me too!--i think that is a bang on idea about how to bring us zero sum guys back on the sisip roster-have sisip recognize immediately those zero sum already on cpp disability.

the vets lawyers proposed open sharing between vac & sisip but i think they are missin something--which the latest memo seems to show this is not the only thing they are missin-- people can be totally disabled on sisip but the cause may not be from their military service---sisip pays for disability outside military too. so if someone is disabled from fallin from their ladder at home hangin their fly strip at the camp and they also have a bum shoulder from military service---they would be clawed back for the vac pension--going to vac in this case would not prove the guy was disabled from the military.

that is why sisip, govt and the vet legal beagles have to think outside the box here---cpp disability is as or more demanding to prove than sisip totally disabled--that means that sisip should give priority to cpp disability. another outside the box idea-- sisip can also consider if someone is gettin permanent impairment allowance or exceptional incapacity allowance-sisip should consider that proof of totally disabled. this really is a no-shit sherlock decision for sisip which should have sisip start zero sum buds two months before today and sooner than asap--

navrat is right--it is startin to smell like govt discrimination against the most disabled--

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:38

Recon031 the best thing we can do right now is just what you did...you are a zero sum client on CPP Disability. The lawfirm monitors threads like this so information is the best tool for McInnes Cooper.

As per what the memo from 10 Aug (go to General Info on the bulletin board and see the link to the memo) the lawyers on both sides are going to try and get the courts approval to have VAC and SISIP access/share files to find zero sum clients which should identify clients on CPP Disability. This will help Peter and the rest of the lawyers representing the class.

The intent of this informal survey was to just show the negotiors there are SISIP clients who are zeroed out that we meet the standard of still being disabled and not able to work.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:20

im in the same boat as well wahooo we get to have are military pentions clawed back as well.will the fun ever end.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but are zeroed out on Sisip LTD? Empty Anyone else receiving CPP Disability Benefits but still Zeroed Out on Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:20

Roger that I also receive CPP & still Zeroed Out for 10 years now . Just how many of us are there ? Who do we speak with for a New Lawsuit against Manulife for Discrimination of our Human Rights ? Let's get the Media involved & pressure Parliament Hill to make a move to Reinstate Zero Sum Clients Immediately .

Given the all important fact that we are on CPP , should be the # 1 reason to carry out this Action Immediately.

Can Peter Driscoll put Any sort of Legal Pressure on Manulife to start the list of Zero Sum Veterans ?

Thoughts anyone ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:16

I'm, zero sum & collecting cpp disability.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:16

I was zeroed under SISIP and told to apply with CPPD as well, so you aren't alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next