Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

+2
bigrex
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

Post by bigrex Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:30

I agree, they did approve my degenerative disk disease, but only at 1/5, and their reason for reducing so drastically was the fact that when I joined at 19, I stated that I had the occasional sore back, but only after sitting in a van for 5-6 hours to and from sporting events throughout High school, and then following an accident in 1992, after falling 15 feet down a ladder into the engine room while serving on ship, x-rays indicated mild narrowing between two disks in my lumbar spine, but because I didn't complain of any back pain at the time they deemed it a pre-existing condition. They also denied any aggravation from my fully pensioned left knee, completely ignoring a report from an orthopedic surgeon that stated prolonged limping can aggravate existing back problems and having documentation that I have had a severe limp since 2002, preferring to use VAC's restrictive guidelines that only accept aggravation of the lower back, if there is leg length inequality.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 08:26

I dont think many vets are successful at the VRAP. I wasnt, Although i was more successful with Veterans Affairs by providing the exact information they required to make a positive outcome. My feeling about VRAB was and still is, They appoint adjudicators to that board that have very little medical background to reasonably make a fair decision. so that avenue usually ends up unfair. Just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:13

You don't need to see the VAC doctor. Once the VRAB decision is on you file you are in the que to have claim reviewed by the accounting dept. (can't remember the exact name).

The process should take about 1-2 months but you get back pay, no pun intended.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? - Page 3 Empty Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

Post by bigrex Tue 21 Aug 2012, 09:26

I had a review hearing in June, and received the decision in July saying that I was approved for a disability award for my back, but only at 1/5. That is going to be appealed, but what I want to know, is what can I expect to happen next with the department. I called them asking how long before I receive my award, and they said they don't have a timeline to make that payment. Then another time, I was told they have sixteen weeks to decide at what percentage I will receive. I can't see it taking that long, since if it takes 16 weeks to decide on a brand new claim, determining the percentage should take a fraction of the time. Are they not basing it off the medical questionnaire that I already submitted, or do I have to see their doctor for another examination? My case worker has no idea as to that aspect of the department, so I'm wondering if anyone else on here can give me answers, based on their own experience.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3