Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VRAB board member sitting on Review Hearings and Appeal/Reconsideration Hearings against the VRAB ACT

Go down

VRAB board member sitting on Review Hearings and Appeal/Reconsideration Hearings against  the VRAB ACT     Empty VRAB board member sitting on Review Hearings and Appeal/Reconsideration Hearings against the VRAB ACT

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 13:00

This is very important for all disabled Military and RCMP veterans who have dealt with the VRAB. I have found a second example of VRAB Board members who sat on Review hearings not indicating their name on the VRAB Review decisions. Most of you have read my VRAB Judicial Review analysis complaint. I found one example that is indicated in the analysis where a VRAB Board member sat on disabled Vets Review Hearing, was very active in that hearing and failed to have his name listed on the Review decision along with the two other Board members. Well the identity of the 3rd Board member was made at the Review hearing and this Board member later sat on this disabled vets Reconsideration hearing as the Chairman. This is in gross violation of the VRAB Act and Regulations which state that all VRAB Board members who had been part of a Review Hearing have to list all their names on the Review decision which only requires one signature. The big question was this done so that the third board member at the Review Hearing could sit on the appeal/Reconsideration hearing later?

The second example of this kind of violation involved a disabled Veteran I know who had only one name with signature on the Review Hearing decision. The rules state that a minimum of two VRAB Board members have to sit on a Review hearing period. In the case of my friend who was the second VRAB Board member and did that VRAB Board member who failed to have his or her name on the Review decision sit on my friends appeal/reconsideration hearing later on? The process is in the works to find out who this second VRAB Board member is.
Very important for all who have danced with the VRAB. Look at your Review Hearing decisions and cross reference the names of the attending VRAB Board members with those on the appeal/reconsideration hearings. This appears to be an ongoing trend and if it is the case for you out there make a complaint to the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman who are continuing to investigate the actions of the VRAB. Information is power and my friend is going to do this because this is wrong and contrary to the legislation of an Act of Parliament and against you.

Time to Push Back.
Eric Rebiere (Former Cst. RCMP 37515)
RCMP Veterans Association
Charter Member Canadian Veterans Advocacy.

Back to top Go down