Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

+3
OldZipperhead
peep
acerman1234
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

Post by peep Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:27

acerman you are not speaking pro law firm or GOC.

guess this will be deleted Question
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:26

Maybe the lawfirm or sisip or teentitan can just answer this one question, and if the government is viewing this , they can add any info if possible.
1. what can we expect on 9 0f oct regarding the reinstatement of our monthly payments. Will sisip tell us if we quaifly, and when to expect a payment, or will they say all i want is your mailing address.
2. In the memo this was deemed by our law firm as a"successfully pressed the government to start zero sum payments" So do the payments start , yes or no
3. i do not think this post will harm our legal defence, since we were told to do this in the legal firms memo, just an answer

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 16:14

K9:
"So Fees will only be taken care at the end"
The class MUST discuss this NOW. What do you think is fair?
Just because "THE LEGAL TEAM" will not discussed it....does not
been we can't!!!!!!
WE HAVE A VOICE.................Our discussions here do have a bearing!

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 15:41

Proudtele, I am no lawyer but here is a part of the answer. Everybody will pay fees and even if some received Sisip since July, they will pay them retroactively when the fees will be accorded by the Judge. The question will then be: what fees will be asked and what will be accepted by the Court.
Our law firm may ask fees on all upcoming amounts that we will receive from Sisip, as I been told by Sisip.
Here are about fees on Mcinnes Coopers web site: "By agreement with the representative Plaintiff, counsel fees may be calculated at a percentage of any amounts recovered."
Any amounts recovered is a very large! Hopefully, no one will touch future insurance payments!
So that's is it! I asked Mr Driscoll about this, is response was that he will not talk about this until there an agreement, it is normal that for now, all his energy is spent on an approval, then we will receive what he will send the Judge for approval for fees, like for the proposition, we can write our concerns to the Judge. So Fees will only be taken care at the end.

Last edited by K9 on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 15:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections.....)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 15:05

Could someone help me figure out a question on fee's?

This is in regards to the difference between non zero-sum and zero-sum. My question is... Do we (zero-sum) pay lawyer fees up until the time that the non zero-sum started being paid forward (July 1st) or do we pay fees up until we start being paid forward?

The reason for the question is because as I see it, the lawyers fees are based on our retro amounts. so if the non zero-sum retro amount is no longer increasing (due to being paid forward now) should ours also not be increasing since July 1st ( I don't want to sound petty or cheap but 30% more towards lawyer fees each passing month just doesn't seem fair since we are all one class). Or am I just on the wrong track with this thought?

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 14:59

Email our legal team.........see if you call get a straight
answer from them. I never could....was blown off and called
distracting? (they/he said they needed to address the other 6999 members
of this class because I was wasting their time in not so many words)

acerman1234 affraid
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 13:58

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 13:23

If we are re-instated will we be backdated from May when we won the case or will they just start a monthly payment and worry about back pay later? It seems to me that if non Zero clients started getting their money a few months back we should be offered or given that opportunity also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 13:20

it would be nice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:41

I would also think that on the following dates, 10, 11 ,12 of Oct that some exchange of information on how it is going with SISIP contacting people goes so that others can have a general idea as to how it is going might be a good idea to help others out with the question of is it starting to happen or not off course this will have to be done with out saying to much or disclosing to much information to protect the security of or side in this issue so to speak. yes i am aware of the news from the law firm that will follow......... just saying that people helping people is still our number one job here or so i thought no rumors just facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:18

The chances are that it will just be a day like all the others, It will arive and we will all be waitting for a great word to com down from above and then, NOTHING! as it has been in the past then every one will get all pissed and we will have a higher stress level to deal with,

NOW if this turns out not to be the case I will of course be shocked,and very happy if the news is possitive and good for us all.

This of course is in no way ment to reflect on our legal team it is to reflect on those who cause these unreasonable delays and passage of information that have caused all the issues to begin with ie the media black out that in my opinion has no reasonable grounds at all it would have made life a lot easier and this whole prosess faster with out it.

I am just saying.

Back to top Go down

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated? - Page 4 Empty Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:29

Well Tuesday should be fun for SISIP reps. They can finally feel the anxiety and stress I have for 8 years. Will we Zero Sum claimants be re-instated???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4