Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks .

+3
OldZipperhead
snrnavcom
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks . - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks .

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:20

What is your true reasons for being at csat hamdford? Clearly you don't like or care for any of us so why expend your energy here? You look at issues in black and white and that is it but there is a whole other grey area that you are oblivious to and that is where reality lives.

Back to top Go down

A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks . - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks .

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:13

oh yeah? and where were you last year this date? NO WHERE!!!! and I am talking about the case here not where you are in life.
Bye now...fruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:10

Sorry hamford the only ones that took us here are ourselves 3 b medical release and service to country that is why we are here not because of anyone individual oh no because of a single soldier whom signed a document to serve his/ her country, anything else would be riding the coattails of those brave soldiers who got robbed. Bye now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 15:28

And why would you say that guest27? Tell me your sources, your fact on how they are crooks! The poeple who got us where we are today! $2000 more in my buget every month and a retro back to 1999!
So tell oh wise one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 10:45

Yes, a heartfelt thank you to all those who were involved in this suit...

Back to top Go down

A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks . - Page 2 Empty The Sisip struggle is over time to more on!

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 07:50

guest27 wrote:Well at that time we thought people were working for us and then we find out well it was not the case.

The truth always comes out and there is more to follow on how we were screwed.

MC was awarded almost 8% of our money, WHY all the other major class action got less then 4 %.

Black outs and behind the scenes BS. I believe MC held back for a better payout. We could of had damages and the whole nine yards. But they settled.  

We were robbed and kicked to the gutter and we got kicked again when the hidden truths started to come out.

The GOC got off Scott Free and MC made out like bandits.

1.They got 8.79 % on our retro and nothing 0% on the going forward- VETs Won!
2.The legal team did there very best and I am thankful !
3. The GOC has lost millions of votes for many reasons and will not get reelected (another minority Yahoo)
4. Lastly I am receiving $45000 in retro after taxes, i am getting an $1200 per month for maybe 19 more years!- Vets Won

SO GUEST27 IF YOU THINK YOU BEEN ROBBED AND KICKED IN THE GUTTER IT NOT MY STORY!

My family has grown but I am happier, they are happier and my ex is thinking about coming home.

Those that want to rehash why not refocus on a cause you can help!

HERE IS A CAUSE FOR YOU TO FOCUS YOUR FRUSTRATION:

Kevin Berry Story-

Kevin Berry knew something wasn’t quite right in his head when he began having dreams of starting his jeep by smashing babies against the fender.

His colleagues in the 3rd Battalion on tour in Kabul, Afghanistan were experiencing similar disturbing imagery in their sleep, the side effect of anti-malarial drugs they had to ingest for six months and the stress and strain of running patrols in a country where many didn’t welcome their presence, and buried bombs in their path.

Sometimes they shared their tales of terror with each other. Often they snuffed them with alcohol. But never did they dare tell their superior officers.

That, they all feared, would be viewed as weakness, malingering.

It’s a stigma that follows soldiers even after they leave the battlefield, says Berry, who grew up in Burnaby.

When he returned to his base in Petawawa, Ont., from Afghanistan in February 2004, his mental health debrief consisted of a lecture in a hall filled with 300 fellow soldiers. After the psychologist asked if anyone had experienced nightmares or other mental issues nobody put up their hand.

Nobody, says Berry, wanted to be put on the “bus of shame” to Ottawa for further counseling.

Berry’s military career ended that September.

The dark, disturbing dreams didn’t.

Upon his return to British Columbia he started working as a guard for an armoured car company, hoping to eventually parlay that into a career as a police officer.

But he couldn’t move forward in his civilian life as his military experience continued to haunt him. He couldn’t focus.

He couldn’t sustain relationships. He couldn’t understand what had gone so terribly wrong.

Berry had embarked on his military career with the best intentions. A big, strapping kid who played on both the offensive and defensive lines for the St. Thomas More football team, he hoped to continue his family’s history of public service to their country; he had relatives who had gone into politics and attained high positions in the civil service.

Berry signed his military papers on his 17th birthday, turning his back on opportunities to play football at UBC or SFU. A few months after graduating from STM in 2001, he was on his way two CFB Petawawa for training. His second day of boot camp was Sept. 11.

That day’s terror attacks changed the direction of Canada’s military instantly. The era of blue helmets and keeping the peace was over.

Berry wasn’t phased.

“I was excited,” he says. “We’re not going to be suntanning in Bosnia anymore.”

From boot camp he was dispatched to battle school in Meaford, Ont. where he learned the basics of armed combat, field tactics and survival.

Alas, coping wasn’t on the curriculum.

Berry served in Afghanistan for six months, running “presence patrols” from a jeep in Kabul, providing security to engineering crews digging wells, and building schools. It was, he says, “just like the wild west.

“There was no easing into the situation.”

One memorable day, the city was rocked by 18 suicide bombings. During the course of his tour, three fellow Canadian soldiers were killed.

“It’s part of the job,” says Berry. “You prepare for it, but you’re not really prepared for it until it happens.”

On those tough days, Berry says the canteen would be particularly liberal putting out balms of the bottled variety, a solace that followed him and many other veterans into their civilian lives.

When his aspirations for a policing career careened off course, Berry got work as a doorman at nightclubs, hoping to progress his way into bar management. The job gave him easy access to alcohol.

For six years he took full advantage, often drinking himself into unconsciousness to turn off the nightly terrors.

“That’s the go-to self medication for a lot of guys,” says Berry. “I didn’t ask for help. I didn’t want that hanging over my head.”

It’s only when he found himself acting out a dream of hand-to-hand combat on his girlfriend lying next to him in bed that he realized he was bottoming out.

“I couldn’t pretend everything was okay anymore,” says Berry, who was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in 2010. “I caved. I went to Veterans Affairs.”

He wanted help. What he got instead was a cheque.

The New Veterans Charter that had been enacted by Parliament in 2006 did away with long term pension and support programs for disabled veterans. Instead, they’d get a one-time payment, leaving it to the disabled veterans to use that money to get the help they needed. For most, that money was considerably less than they’d earn with a pension.

“I felt abandoned, betrayed, hopeless, gutted,” says Berry, who used his money to pay off some debts instead of getting counseling. “I lost the will to live a lot of days.”

Hurt and angered, he started to focus his energy on righting that wrong. He reached out in online support networks. He wrote letters and articles. He advocated for veterans in similar situations. He joined the Equitas Society, a B.C. based group fighting for better disability benefits for injured soldiers.

On Tuesday, the group filed a class action law suit in B.C. Supreme Court alleging the Canadian government discriminates against its soldiers financially, violating their constitutional rights.

It’s a fight that last week received some unexpected support from Canada’s Auditor-General, who criticized the Canadian Forces and Veterans Affairs for failing to ensure all former military personnel receive proper follow-up and care after their careers.

Sober now for 18 months, Berry is on the long road to changing the system from the inside. He’s studying history part time at Simon Fraser University with a long term hope to perhaps some day enter politics.

“I’m always going to be a soldier,” he says. “But to be told there’s no help. I’ve already made sacrifices; how much more do you want me to give?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 07:12

Well at that time we thought people were working for us and then we find out well it was not the case.

The truth always comes out and there is more to follow on how we were screwed.

MC was awarded almost 8% of our money, WHY all the other major class action got less then 4 %.

Black outs and behind the scenes BS. I believe MC held back for a better payout. We could of had damages and the whole nine yards. But they settled.

We were robbed and kicked to the gutter and we got kicked again when the hidden truths started to come out.

The GOC got off Scott Free and MC made out like bandits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 14:32

hamdford, as indicated I have been reading csat for a couple of years and from my perspective and memory you have already stated previously that you have this decided opinion about csat, its members and its uselessness so why would you return periodically and grace us with your presence if not to create a negative reaction or justification for your opinions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 13:39

Yep its getting more and more poisoness... Sad
You have to think like a minority(6-7 members) or your opinion is shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 08:14

Full of positives - lets move on and remember our hero.... This was September 2012 look at this site now!

Back to top Go down

A message for Dennis Manuge , Peter Driscoll , & the complete Legal Team ....... Our heart felt thanks . - Page 2 Empty Lest we forget

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 08:12

Guest wrote:    Hello to you all ,

I know it has been said many times already , but the feeling doesn't go away , once you've served with fellow Canadians , there's a comradship that can't be broken , no matter how many times you may see things differently

To Dennis & Peter , when it comes to this Class Action Lawsuit , you guys are our Hero's in so many different ways , the bonds will not be broken ,

The work you have done & are still doing ,  will not be forgotten .

Thank - you both

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper , Veteran
Dave Fitzpatrick
1984 - 2RCR , AB , 3RCR - 2002
Ontario
aka....Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:02

I just want to say Thank You for giving us hope with the lawsuit that has gone for years, and a Thank You for the money that has already started flowing to some members of this class action lawsuit and for the money which will be coming to those who rightfully should have been getting it all along. Thank You.
I do apologize for some of the great pressure that has been placed on your shoulders, for we are a very heavy group of mentally/physically disabled Veterans who have fought and served their country.

Once again, Thank You

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:12

Thank-you
Words can not describe it.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next