Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB clawback ceases this month

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ELB clawback ceases this month Empty Re: ELB clawback ceases this month

Post by bigrex Fri 12 Oct 2012, 00:03

Thanks Navrat. I had a feeling that is what was going on , but you never know with VAC. Too many cooks in the kitchen and sometimes an important ingredient gets left out of the recipe.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:34

My ACCount thru VAC for me , I also am on EELB but the only thing that shows up on the screen is a green box besides the REHAB. You have to be on REHAB to get either ELB or EELB. But beside my EELB there is just a line, i had asked my worker about that and she said i am on EELB but because i do not receive anything because of sisip it does not show the green box. You are on ELB, its jjust because you received no financial benefit until this month. It will change once you get a check and vac gets around to changing it

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:25

NO, in fact, even My Account thru the VAC website doesn't even show the fact that I'm entitled to ELB, temporary OR extended, so I don't know what the heck is going on.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:13

Has anyone else received their fincial worksheet/calculations showing the end to this ELB clawback to date, besides Mr. Manuge???
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 13:09

Sometimes they have an attiude of your are allready receiving enough and should be happy. I get it all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 13:04

navrat i do and still am (read my last)i continue to educate dva workers on how to do their job and allways will when it is needed.but why do i need to do this its like pulling teeth.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:59

Propat, I am on eelb but get nothing because i am on sisip as well, i am 107 percent pension act, so she is not telling the truth. I was put on rehab back in 2006 because my worker wanted me to quaifily for supplementry retirement benefit at 65. If i choose to dump sisip , which i may after i get my retro, then my monthly eelb payment kicks in till 65. WHat do you always say, question authority

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:43

yes big rex i directed her to her own website and the doj website she called her boss and still said no.some time latter she called me back and said she was talking to her boss again and was told she gave her bad info and i can apply.after trying to talk me out of it she said she would send me the paper work and im still waiting.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:32

That is when you call her back and quote what it says on the website.

Permanent Impairment Allowance

A monthly taxable allowance payable if you suffer from lost job opportunities because you are permanently and severely impaired.

You may qualify for a Permanent Impairment Allowance if you are a CF Veteran who has:

a physical and/or mental impairment that is severe and permanent;
a rehab plan that is approved by VAC; and
received a disability award or a disability pension related to this [/b[b]]impairment.

Or better yet, directly from the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act itself.

"Permanent Impairment Allowance
Marginal note:Eligibility — veterans

38. (1) The Minister may, on application, pay a permanent impairment allowance to a veteran who has one or more physical or mental health problems that are creating a permanent and severe impairment if the veteran, in respect of each of those health problems,

(a) has had an application for rehabilitation services approved under this Part; and

(b) has received a disability award under Part 3 or a pension for disability under the Pension Act, or would have received such an award or pension but has not because

(i) the aggregate of all of the veteran’s disability assessments and deemed disability assessments exceeds 100%, or

(ii) the disability award is not yet payable because, in the opinion of the Minister, the disability has not stabilized."
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:03

yes bigrex but the only person i talked to that knew this was my fifth call.she said she would send out the paperwork (finnaly someone that new something)3 weeks latter my cm (who i would never call becouse i know what she is like)called telling me i cant get it becouse im va not nvc so she would not send me the paperwork.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:53

Propat, I agree that not all front line workers that answer the phone know everything that people are entitled to because there are dealing with two completely different legislation, because unlike other departments, the old Pension Act is still very much in effect for a lot of us, including new applications for attendance allowance, clothing allowance and EIA. And things are getting more confusing when they changed it so that Service Canada can answer phones for VAC.

Actually the way it was explained to me was, when you call VAC, the automatic system asks you to press #1 if you are already a VAC client, and #2 if you are not. If you press #2, you will be sent to Service Canada and those you press #1 get transferred to VAC, unless they are extremely busy and you get redirected the SC, who will likely just put you on hold until VAC lines are open.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:50

Thanks to you Denis, to our legal team and everybody involved we finally can start a new life. It's great satisfaction knowing that your plan is working perfectly, in the long run we will get justice done, this first step is like Neils Amstrong; little step for mankind, a great step for humanity.
We ow all of you more than you can immagine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 07:24

bigrex a lot in dva dont know va guys are entitled as well and it creates dificulties and confusion.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:19

I'm sure you'll get it. As bad as I am now, I've at least been able to work a few years since my release, so someone who has been completely disabled as long as yourself shouldn't require any more than a rubber stamp. Good luck
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:00

I applied in 2011 (or my wife did) and resubmitted 3 weeks ago. Above was what I was explained. But they have made an apt to see me in 2 weeks, so I will pass on some comments here.

This forum is powerful.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next