Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB clawback ceases this month

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ELB clawback ceases this month - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB clawback ceases this month

Post by bigrex Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:52

Peep, VAC told you that you would not qualify for the PIA because you were totally disabled? Those are the Veterans who the benefit was created for. If you weren't completely disabled , you'd be out earning a living. I could see if it was last year when you applied because until last Spring, it could only be granted to those who had been given a disability award under the NVC, but it has since been expanded to recipients of VAC pensions as well. Let me tell you, since meeting my new CM in April after I was unable to work anymore, I've been approved for Rehab, Extended ELB, PIA +supp, Attendance Allowance and Housekeeping.

So anybody that tells you that you won't qualify, before you even apply, it's pure BS, and it is just them being too lazy to do their job!
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

ELB clawback ceases this month - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB clawback ceases this month

Post by bigrex Tue 09 Oct 2012, 23:30

PIA is the Permanent Impairment Allowance. It is the replacement for the old Exceptional Impairment Allowance (EIA), but even that can still be granted, but not both. The PIA can be applied for by anyone who has already approved for the rehab program and ELB and has a severe and permanent disability that has been granted a disability pension or award for it, regardless of the percentage. It comes at three levels, based on severity, $559, $1118 and $1677, and there is also the PIA supplement, which pays $1028 if the Veteran is no longer able to work. Another key factor, is that the PIA is NOT deducted from the ELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:55

I trust that it will be an easy process. Once vac gets confirmation that you are close under sisip, they should start you very quickly. Off ltd one month, on to vac the following month. I hope so too, they have to make this package under the KISS principle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:53

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:45

Yes, I know, VAC told me sisip is first payer but if I lose sisip then just let them know to start my EELB. We will see how easy or frustrating this process will be, I am hoping the package will just be a questionnaire so zero sums can get monthly payments faster,who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:38

Navrat - You are lucky to have qualified under both sisip and vac. But, we cannot collect from both at the same time. You may also be on sisip until age 65. If you are stopped under sisip, then you have elb. You would not get more under the elb than what you are getting under sisip.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:24

sorry, I was wrong it was PIA. But on the other hand my wife does have POA of me. I've only been able to read again for a few months. Embarassed

narvat told me that today on the phone. Can't meet with them till my wife is available.

Last edited by peep on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:15

Hey peep did VAC tell you that, I am tpi and was put on Extended earnings loss which goes to age 65 but I get jack shit because I am on sisip ltd which is the first payer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:06

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:54

I have a POA meeting in two weeks, but told their is more programs still. I will let you know what I find Wife of Veteran.
Light at the end of the tunnel now that we have each other for info.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:50

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:46

I was just told why I never received ELB. ELB is for someone that is working for a goal, employment, training, physical therapy. It gives you extra funds to achieve your goal. I am just plain disabled and am not expected to improve. Sad but it also means that other programs are available. Their are others better I am told.
Interesting
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:31

no i dont think so as sisip is the first payer and it is no advantage to them.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:12

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 18:25

RE: End to ELB Clawback.
Dennis; Thank-you again for standing up for those of us that couldn't.
Sincerely;
Pte. Adams (Sherry) NL.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next