Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP

3 posters

Go down

SISIP Empty Re: SISIP

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 17:53

bruce budy there is no dicision on leagal fees yet me and everyone elce would love to have answers on leagal fees brother but their is non .yet.only after the deal is done will the judge entertain the request for leagal fees.then he will make the decission on the fees.
i hope this helps
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 17:07

By the way I am Canadian Veteran just like you guys, I was a Gunner by trade. I seved under UN ans NATO also.
Bruce2010

Back to top Go down

SISIP Empty SISIP

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 17:01

Hello everyone
When I call in to joint the class action and talking to everyone including the Firm was going to take only 30% was it is due to us, VETERAN OF CANADA from may of 2012 and back.
I recall the agrement was 30% and now the Firm itself is so quiete, everything hapenning top secret. Can not get a straigh answers from them(The Firm).

I never agree to gave any % to my future monthly check to them. I am going to tell you one thing that I will request a meeting with the judge before any paper is going to be sign.If you dont keep up and try to find out was going on dont comeback and bitch @ me for telling the true.

The Firm keep us in the dark you like that it is fair with me. But I will find out anyway the true.

Bruce2010

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:51

Anyway, the Rules of the Federal Court are clear and Mr Driscoll is totally right saying that it will be the last thing on the agenda, only then we will know, but it is bizarre to ask us to sign an agreement, and then, when signed, we will talk about fees. The problem is not our law firm, the problem is that most of us wants the GOC to be responsible of their act, bringing us to Court, defying reason and pushing it up the the Supreme court and now, trying to settle without going to Court so the can lower expectation, they should pay part of the fees or it should be included in extra damages if they don't want any jurisprudence against them.
So yes, fees are last but when we get the agreement, we need to know if their is compensation about them. The gag order they accepted doing will end when, are we going to get our firm to tell us what is-was going on when the agreement is sent or is it still going to be total silence about what happened in the nego................ Putting everyone back on Sisip shouldn't have been a big deal and our firm shouldn't have had to push on the GOC to do so.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:20

I wouln't fret about what Sisip says. Remember the Agreement to stop the clawback from the ELB and the others was brought forward by the GOC and not McInnis Cooper. There handling Sisip and thats there case load.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:09

k9 no one is right no one knows yet especially not sisip.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:05

@ Teentitan:
So if you are right Teentitan, it means that the cheques we are all going to get for each month from now on, (not talking about retro), are really ours and we wont have to send back money to the firm on them? If your answer is yes, then you are right about this thread, if not............... who is???
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:36

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:30

This sure puts a whole new meaning and spin to the word clawback... As Ronald Regan said while talking with Gorbachev just before the Wall came down. "Trust but Verify"....

Last edited by Cook861 on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:27

Bruce this is wild speculation. You are new to the CSAT so some background info you need to know that has already been hashed out.

McInnes Cooper are working on the negotiation with the DoJ/Mr. Toope to reach a settlement agreement.

Once the agreement has been reached they will present it to Judge Barnes. At this time when the Judge accepts it McInnes Cooper will make a "request" for payment and details.

The agreement and the "request" for payment will be sent to everyone in the class. We then have 30 days to let Judge Barnes know if we agree with payment and who should pay.

So if anyone is telling you what our lawfirm wants it is nothing but wild speculation only meant to stir the poo pot. So ignore it and wait for the settlement agreement.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:22

judge will straighten out dude, hand in the cookie jar usually get slapped!

Back to top Go down

SISIP Empty SISIP

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:11

I just talk to SISIP and I find out that our Law Firm is not going to take only 30% lumsum before may 2012 this is ok , but now they are trying to get also money that we will received everymonth for disability income from SISIP, Sorry but I agree about this, 30% of back payment before may of this year it is ok with me, i never agreefor them taking money on my monthly check for the rest of my like this is a disgrace to all Veterans. I need to know if this is the true or not, from the LAW FIRM it self the one who represent us ASAP.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down