Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are Empty Re: Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 15:50

Very good brainstorming Old Zipperhead.
How I would like to see such a list emanating officially from McInnes Copper! The real cherry on the cake would be a description of the various categories along with their status in the negotiation. (I do however understand the constraints that our legal team is under; I am merely stating a “nice to have”).
This category status information would be with a view of ensuring that no members of the negotiation team is sliding toward the “oh let’s just have these few over here in category # 7 hash it out with an adjudicator later on”. Adjudication is a process fraught with risks for isolated individuals as in the event that a poor decision is rendered, the parties are stuck with it – adjudicators' decisions are binding unless subsequently overturned by a court or arbitrator. Case law has confirmed that even if the adjudicator gets the law or facts wrong, this cannot be grounds to have the decision set aside.
Needless to say, the top cover from our legal team will be essential until the very last clawed back member gets a satisfactory resolution. At all cost, let’s leave no one behind.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are Empty Re: Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are

Post by OldZipperhead Tue 16 Oct 2012, 15:37

This is a list that hopefully Peter D & the Law Firm will review and I hope the list grows, so each and every veteran is covered!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 15:02

I have a feeling the list will grow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:42

yup thats me...

Back to top Go down

Post by 2 Truck Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:41

10. Zero summed veteran who is neither tpi nor CPP and could not finish their rehab, but took any job because they were going bankrupt and SISIP did not cover the full 24 months and still clawed back the PA pension amount

Last edited by 2 Truck on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:43; edited 1 time in total

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:52

Excellent, Zipper

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:33

Types of Veteran for SISIP Pay-back

1. Veteran that is TPI and was receiving a reduced SISIP Payment, which has been corrected and the veteran is now receiving their full SISIP payment as it should have been;

2. Zero- Summed Veteran who is TPI and should have been still receiving the SISIP payment, but it was clawed back to zero. This veteran should be getting re-instated soon;

3. Zero- Summed Veteran who is TPI and CPP, but should have been still receiving the SISIP payment, but it was clawed back to zero. This veteran should be getting re-instated soon;

4. Zero-Summed Veteran who is not TPI, but unable to work, and had all SISIP payments clawed back;

5. Zero-Summed Veteran who is not TPI, but CPP and unable to work. But still had all SISIP payments clawed back;

6. Zero-Summed Veteran who is neither TPI nor CPP, but needed Rehab Training to get re-qualified, but was still unable to work. SISIP still clawed back all payments;

7. Zero-Summed Veteran who was able to complete re-hab training within 24 months , was able to get gainful employment, but still had all their SISIP payments clawed back;

8. Zero-Summed Veteran who was able to complete re-hab training, but took longer than 24 months, was able to get gainful employment, but still had SISIP payments clawed back. However SISIP essentially covered for the full duration of the re-hab training;

9. Zero-Summed Veteran who was able to complete re-hab training, but took longer than 24 months, was able to get gainful employment, but still had SISIP payments clawed back. However SISIP did not cover for the full duration of the re-hab training;

Did I miss any scenario???
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:56

navrat im thinking double.
propat

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are Empty Does anyone know how many zero sum clients there are

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:52

Hi, I was just wondering how many zero sums there really is, I know the list includes 893 or close but does sisip or the law firm have any idea the true number. To me it seems it might go a lot higher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down